How to install Redstone 14356

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Roger. Mine wasn't a group text, but I'm guessing it had an attachment.
More build15226 notes. Screen rotation bug still present. Had to reboot the phone to get texts, Edge and photos to rotate. Didn't try other apps. Battery % bug still present, but not as dramatic as previous builds. There are % differences reboot to reboot also.

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Alot of battery problems seem to arise when trying to charge the phone. And I am thinking its when I don't use the HTC plug. I'm going to pay more attention to this, and the amperage on the different chargers i may use. Then I will report.
I also remember hearing in the past about how some of the older phones will not move onto the creator builds do to (If remembered right) battery/charging/and or low power capabilities in the chips. I wonder if any of you can share your thoughts on that.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I only use an HTC charger, so I haven't seen those issues. Doesn't fix the battery % stuff on reboot though. Also, had the screen rotation issue happen twice today.

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I haven't found any new issues with 15226 for those that want to update to it. Basically, same issues as before, as dave673 states. Nothing was fixed. Rotation issue needing reboot to fix, some reboots needed due to data not connecting when transitioning from Bluetooth back to phone, sometimes have to shut screen off/on to be able to hang up a phone call, self camera from a locked screen causes auto reboot (just unlock screen first then no problem). My hard reset to fix my BAP battery issues really helped; I now have great battery life which was also extended by turning off a bunch of needless background Apps.

Side note; using One Note, anyone know how to adjust settings to be able to show sub-lists of items for each page on the main screen? I lost them during an update now only have all pages listed. Directions say to adjust under settings but the Phone App has no settings menu and I can't find a setting under my main web One Note account.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Wayne, I am guessing you aren't referring to the sections tab, where you can list sets with different colored tabs? I can reach that with the left pointing arrow in the upper left corner, for those who aren't familiar with the update. I try to keep mine open to my personal notes (web) all the time. I like doing most of the setup on my laptop, then updating notes on my phone as needed...
Still the same issues on build 15226. On one occasion Cortana wouldn't read a text via Uconnect.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
One other thing in build 15226. There are times when I hit the power button and nothing happens. I end up having to push it 3 times in order for the phone to wake up.

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
15228 is rolling out and it seems Microsoft adressed some of our gripes with landscape flicker, Battery, and even rotation lock mention. I'm anxious to download this one. 😀

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
15228 still has all the same problems as 15226 plus Bluetooth couldn't turn on/off; reset 3 times no help so left and 1/2hr later was able to finally turn Bluetooth back on. Other quick links wouldn't work but finally did. Other data issues causing numerous resets. I would not recommend moving up to 152278 if you don't have to.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
All was well until the phone locked up today. Can't really point to anything that might have caused it. I did browse Facebook for a while today, took a couple short phone calls, and started answering some texts when the screen got locked. Cannot even get the phone to show the shut down if I hold the power button down. Pulled my sim card out and no change. Removing the sd card doesn't change things either. Guess I'll try a hard reset, and if that doesn't do the trick, I may be out of the game...
One other thing. I was on the phone while taking some pictures of my storm shelter this am (to show a buddy), and sent the text with a picture while on the phone. But I don't think that'd cause the issue.
Meanwhile, using the trusty ole Tilt2 again until I can figure things out.
[edit] Held the power and vol down buttons down for about 20 seconds and the phone finally rebooted. But I already worked with AT&T to adjust to the Tilt2, so I guess I'll stay with it a few days...

Last edited:

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I also noticed that I can not connect to elm 327 adapter. (obdII interface for automotive computer diagnostic). It connects with the PC. But not my windows 10 phone. And yes I have used it many times before.

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I have lots of issues with 15228 needing soft resets or reboots regularly. Also adding Bluetooth connections is a joke again like it was in previous builds; don't know why they fix something and it comes back in new builds as if they are working on old builds while a new build is out.. crazy. I've tried to add my Alexa Bluetooth but after 20 tries, multiple auto-reboots and forced reboots due to locked screen, I gave up. It was running fine on 15063 before I did a hard reset which loses all Bluetooth connections so they all have to be set up again. My BMW was a struggle but finally got it set up but it doesn't list as Bluetooth (it's under Other), UConnect on Jeep and Challenger struggled but worked fine.

Landscape still randomly sticks causing reboot to fix. Screen unresponsive needing reboot to fix. Opening Camera and selfie sometimes causes an auto-reboot, some issues with Maps but that might be the App? Screen Auto bright/dim is real funky changing randomly. Can't hang up from some phone calls without first locking then unlocking screen. Answering all calls has a 5+ second hesitation before I can hear the caller's voice (I say hello, hello, hello...then finally hear their voice). Sometimes can't even answer a call so the caller has to call again. Prob more issue but that's it from the top of my head.

NOT happy with this build again. Should have stayed on 15063 which was generally fine.

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Well...Thats it. I finally have a 950 single sim coming in the mail. I will be switching to at&t. Good riddance to HTC and Verizon. And Microsoft is lucky I'm remaining loyal here because the lack of new phone options is a bit alarming.

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
We have our HTC's set up as a 950 so do you think anything will change getting the actual 950 as it's still Windows 10 software? The good thing about leaving Verizon is no more BAP but if you manually don't allow BAP to install from the store it isn't an issue (if it does get installed, have to do a hard reset and start over). But, Verizon has the best service so.... Let use know if the 950 performs better than the converted HTC as I would also do that.

Update to 15228, Bluetooth is very buggy all around. Hard to add new Bluetooth but if you can't, I've found if you just wait until the next day, it'll add. But, Bluetooth drops randomly during service or won't auto hook up to an established Bluetooth connection both requiring a reboot to fix.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Wayne, I agree on the 15228 assessment. I end up rebooting about every other day. Even 15226 didn't have that issue. Phone and texts seems to lag when hanging up or using the back arrow. Bluetooth with Uconnect does get wonky sometimes.
I enjoy this phone and WM. Sure hope they can iron this out soon.

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm liking the 950 on att much better. I'm running the latest official build of windows 10. So far I haven't had any of the problems I had with my m8. Talk volume is a little low. And I miss the boom sound mostly.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. Interesting. I had another lockup after getting a text message yesterday. Sure is odd. If your 950 isn't seeing this stuff, that is good.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Looks like my phone updated to build 15230. Not sure if that was Thursday or Friday. Here's hoping the BT fixes and other tweaks help make things much smoother.

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I got it Thursday. Nothing important is stated in the Fixes so guess we'll test and see if any of our problems were fixed as I had lots of issues with the last build

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa