How to install Redstone 14356

Adam Skoog

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
To be fair, it doesn't seem like these issues are really on supported phones. So it very well could be that they just won't be fixed, as much as that sucks. I'm glad I stopped updates awhile ago before the camera bug cropped up. My phone works good enough for now that I have no reason to change, but as soon as something happens I fear I'll be going over to the droid side. :(

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I had the lack of rotation thing again. Affected texts, email, and edge that I recall. But, a reboot fixed that. Good news is the wild battery % changes after reboot seem to be fixed.
I hear you Adam. I don't think we'll see anything more addressing us with "slighted" phones. To be honest, since it appears MS will pull the plug on WM10 and move to the Surface Phone, it seems we are all in the same effective boat. All that said, I still like WM10 better than 8.1.

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
But if they don't come out with the Surface Phone soon, and some major Provider use it, they will lose all of us hangers-on. My BAP just started burning up my battery again and I never downloaded the entire App from the Store. I think Verizon finds ways to force it to activate just to burn the battery causing us enough frustration that we switch to an Android or IOS.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Or maybe Verizon is just trying to push you to do a phone upgrade... I cannot see the need to change every year or two years. Especially with flagship prices now approaching $1k.

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm just surprised that one of you high tec users out there figured out how to use Interop Tools to allow us to manipulate the HTC to use W10 but can't figure out how to disable BAP. I just Googled it again and everything says it is deep in the Verizon Software and can't be deleted but surely a skilled tecky can find it and delete maybe using Interop Tools?? BAP is what will make me eventually drop the HTC or go to AT&T like Mathew did (but I luv my Verizon coverage)

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
My BAP started up again recently and is still not even fully installed on my phone but it runs in the background so it eats up my battery sometimes in just an hour or so and the phone actually gets very hot. I will not go through another hard reset and setting everything up again and since Surface Phone is still not even a "real" project with any known delivery date, I'm done. I just pre-ordered the new Verizon Motorola moto z2 force edition; Verizon gave me a good deal to drop W10. It is estimated to be here my 8/10. After that, I have to say goodbye to W10 and you guys....I tried to hang it out until a new Windows Phone came out... Oh well, good luck!!

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to see you go Wayne. But your making a good move. It's nice to not have to spend half my life resetting and researching phone problems just to keep it alive. Fortunately my 950 thus far has been light years better than the HTC one. The One m8 was the worst device i have ever owned. No thanks to the three parties involved in its lack of support. The fact that I had to go through all of that really left a bad taste in my mouth. To me, htc and Verizon where most at fault. They just flat out bailed on us. HTC mostly just never wanted to pay for the Verizon pre testing for Windows 10 and Microsoft felt they shouldn't have too, and Verizon just didn't care because they win no matter what, either someone pays them and/or the few of us just buy a new Verizon phone.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
For anyone else using 15235 or 15237 (just got 237 the other day), there seems to be a screen rotation issue. Things work fine until you rotate the phone with Edge or email or texts open. After that, they stay stuck in landscape while everything else does portrait. When I do is after backing out of either of these apps, I hit the rotation lock. That keeps things in portrait, and then I can unlock if I need landscape in one of these apps.
The camera seems to work fine, as do the speakers, and buttons. Still haven't tried auto screen brightness.

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Guys... My new Android phone doesn't come for another few days. I tried to set up my Mom's new Android and I hated it. I have 30 days to return the phone.

Mathew... How is your 950 W10 phone working on AT&T? I really don't want to leave Windows so if AT&T doesn't have BAP, I'm thinking I'll buy a 950 and stay with Windows if you tell me your is working fine. I've been with Verizon since they started but if they can't help me, I'll switch to AT&*T to keep Windows

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Guys... BAP is not even installed on my phone but is buring my battery in the background in 1-2 hrs. I can't even charge my phone as BAP burns more battery than can charge and the phone is so hot it's close to starting on fire. I am on vacation so I don't think I could try to do a hard rest but I think I have to because I don't get my Motorala until the 10th. Once again, is there no Super Tec out there than knows how to uninstall BAP

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Oh yeah I got a android tablet with at&t and that sucked too. Apps are good, But all of the sync options are lacking and it just does not seem to be as customizable as I thought. Finding my way around is dreadful and no live tiles is just something you won't realize how much you'll miss until you do. I hope Microsoft keeps 10 mobile going.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have recently been considering maybe a Surface tablet/Surface Book or something like the HP Envy. Agreed, I like the live tiles. I am surprised no one else is creating these.
Wayne, I feel your pain. When my M8 locked up after an update, I went all the way back to my Tilt2, rather than go to the others... Yeah, it was slow compared to the M8, but it worked.
With builds 15235 and 15237, the only app that seems to have issues that I've noticed is RunMaster Pro. It flat will not start tracking. It opens, but when I hit start the app crashes. Runtastic still works, fortunately.

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Guys....downtown Coeur d' Lane. Lost my service and all my connections Due to BAP running my battery to zero.....It won't even recharge....good luck guys

Bill Berry

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using 15063.483 and it's fine; I'm having no problems with any of the hardware issues y'all are experiencing. Correction! I too am experiencing Edge getting stuck in Landscape Mode, so y'all are not alone there. Got fet up with it and installed Opera Mobile and UC Browser. But a restart will get me back in portrait mode. When y'all refer to BAP, I assume you're referring to the Backup Assistance app on Verizon? I have that uninstalled on my M8 since I'm using Straight Talk on Verizon towers; what I do use is Microsoft Exchange. Once I removed the two step verification over on Google I got all my email accounts talking to one another again. I will wait with any further upgrades until these new issues are worked out. I share your frustration with HTC and Verizon, but I've gotten use to the lack of support. I can't justify buying a 950 or 950XL; I mean W10M is well, W10M! One guy mentioned he's using his old legacy Tilt2; I have in my drawer the HTC Touch Pro 2 and what I'd give to have a phone like that again in a larger frame with a resistive screen, stylus, and physical keyboard; I sweetest device I have ever owned! The crazy part; I have it running the EnergyROM and the darn things works, even the old apps!

Last edited:

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Phone has been on build 15240 for a day now. Tested the landscape vs portrait on Edge, email, and texts. All seem to work properly. Run master Pro is still broke. Store is still goofed up some on non-MS app updates. Formula 1 and FlowMail updated and installed, but no dice on Awesome Lock, Money Tracker Pro, WhatsApp, or OBDash.SportsGauge. Awesome Lock just seems to be in a redownload/install loop. Occasionally the phone lags when I hit the power off button. Didn't get to try bluetooth yet.

@Bill. I agree, my Tilt2 also has an Energy ROM, and it works just fine. I really miss those days...and that style of phone.

[edit] had a lockup this am. Phone froze after I checked a voicemail, then backed out to home screen and tried to read some email. Had to do the 2 finger salute to force a reboot...

Last edited:

Wayne Weiler

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm also on 15240, for 3 days now. I was using Maps yesterday and the rotation wouldn't work again, as usual. Did a reboot and worked fine. I also had a screen lock when trying to hang up from a call so turned screen off/on and was able to hang up, so those 2 issue still aren't fixed.

Dave, I don't use many of the Apps you listed except I do use WhatsApp and it works perfect for me.

Now, for those on Verizon, BAP hung when installing 15240 and stuck on "error installing" in Store. Great news, I have zero battery BAP use for the last 3 days. BAP App doesn't even show on the Battery Use App list and my battery life is great. Bad news for me is I received my new Moto phone the day of the 15240 install. I haven't started using it waiting to see if BAP will start up sometime. I have 30 days to return the Moto so I think I'll give 15240 a longer trial before I start up the Moto.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Anybody try 15245 yet? After loading 15240, I put my phone on the slow ring. I have some rotation issues, and still can't get some apps to update, but that's about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs