Following the same instructions here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc...e-14356-a.html
    I was able to successfully install 14372 on my M8. I followed that with a hard reset & restore from backup.

Results so far:
    Battery life is better than 356. App performance is decent (it doesn't stand out as either good or bad), but there are some stability issues - ESPECIALLY with the lock screen. Sometimes, when I wake it, the lock screen will be blank and unresponse. When that happens, it's a 50/50 chance if I'll be able to turn the screen off & back on to have it work, or if the phone will reboot when I try that.
    Also, it seems that the rotation lock isn't working right. Photos & web pages are only viewable in portrait mode.

The above issues COULD be because the Interops tool stopped working after the upgrade, so I am unable to change the registry keys back to their HTC values.Or, they could be because I restored from a backup. I'd love to hear other peoples' experiences.
    ven07 and teddystiles like this.
    07-04-2016 10:30 AM
    A few days later, the Lock Screen is actually more stable now - not sure why. However, if you have Bluetooth in your quick settings, there's a good chance that turning it OFF via the quick settings will freeze the screen for ~30seconds (turning it on has no such issue).

Windows Central app worked great until the update yesterday; now it just freezes on launch :(
    07-07-2016 11:47 AM
    Just snagged 14388 with this trick. I just couldn't take the poor battery life any more, and all of the risks I read about seemed to pale in comparison to charging my phone every 4 hours. The process was much easier than I thought, and, upon first glance, it's great! Much snappier than TH branch, and no lockscreen or camera problems. The battery life seems somewhat better, but I'll have to give it some time. I also plan a hard reset later in the week.

UPDATE: Somewhat is right. It's been less than two hours since I took the phone off of my charger. During that time I've tethered with it for 30 minutes or less, had a 10 minute conversation with my wife, and played about 20 minutes of Solitaire (the only time the screen was on, and a notorious battery-eating app). On the TH Fast Ring builds I'd be under 50% at this point, and I'm at 75% so it IS better, but not back to 8.1 efficiency yet.
    Last edited by teddystiles; 07-13-2016 at 11:39 AM.
    07-13-2016 10:56 AM