Just Switched from Android T-mobile SGS2 to WP7 Radar

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Well Like the Title says I just made the jump to the new platform, and of course I would love recommendation on which are the best apps available, or which ones to stay away from, this phone is gorgeous and I don't regret the switch, this phone is definitely fast and smooth, now Im used to voice calling, and I dont know if this feature is available yet, or it will be available in a near future.

thanks in advanced

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I use AccuWeather.com for weather because you can pin multiple locations to the start screen. Pretty useful. AppFlow is pretty sweet because it categorizes apps in a more useful way. I've found a quite a few neat apps that way. Board Express for Tapatalk is a forum-browsing app that I use to check this forum quite often. CardStar can be used to replace any of your reward cards that use a bar code. It thinned my wallet a little. :) Oh, and I use ConnectivityShortcuts to have a shortcut to my Wifi settings because I felt like it was just taking too long to get to a setting that I used so often.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I use AccuWeather.com for weather because you can pin multiple locations to the start screen. Pretty useful. AppFlow is pretty sweet because it categorizes apps in a more useful way. I've found a quite a few neat apps that way. Board Express for Tapatalk is a forum-browsing app that I use to check this forum quite often. CardStar can be used to replace any of your reward cards that use a bar code. It thinned my wallet a little. :) Oh, and I use ConnectivityShortcuts to have a shortcut to my Wifi settings because I felt like it was just taking too long to get to a setting that I used so often.

wow thanks plenty of info, a lot of people were complaining about storage, does skydrive only store documents not media right? so only media can be stored through zune? of course Zune pass is there but 10 bucks a month just to store it hmm I dk about that.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Skydrive can also store pictures, but still no music. I wouldn't stream music to your phone anyway, unless you're on wifi, but if you want to go down that path, I'd suggest the new Spotify app ($10/mo) or Zune pass (same). There is a third-party app that can pull music from Skydrive, but it only downloads songs from your skydrive so that you can play it later.

I'm not sure if you've figured it out yet, but pressing and holding the windows button opens voice control. You can call, text, search, and open programs from it (I think that is all; there may be more). Try saying "what can i say" to it first. That gives you lists of options.

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
In terms of weather apps I recommend weatherbug. I tried all the free weather apps and that one seems to load the quickest and seems to be most accurate. Weather channel app tells me its sunny in my neighborhood when I'm watching it rain.

Evernote is great for notes and what have you. Its free and its clean and simple.

The insider app from Microsoft isn't bad. Every month some nice pictures avail for wall paper download and some ringtones that are on par with the stock ringtones. Its all free so if you don't like the tones they put up, you lost nothing.

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
He has a HTC phone. He should have a double tile HTC weather/stock/news/HTC apps Hub on his main screen that displays the current weather.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I do, now the problem is HTC Watch is not working yet, and I don't know if is going to work in a near future

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Judge Daniel! I checkout out ConnectivityShortcuts, but also found Connection Tiles, which I like a LOT better. You might want to check it out. Great interface, more customization options (choose your own tiles and their colors), and faster (direct access to each control from its respective tile). Just FYI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234