How to Delete e-mail account?

dkflipse

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Can't synch my Trophy with Live since yesterday. I want to delete the account then reinstall it. But I can't figure out how to delete the account? In setting I only see how to change some options - but not delete?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
get on a PC?

I'm going to take a stab and say it will need to be deleted from a computer. Maybe log into your Live account and delete it from there?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You can't delete the initial live account you first set up your phone with, you have to perform a phone reset unfortunately. Crazy I know but that's the way it is. :(

Any other email accounts can be deleted by going to settings / email & accounts / long press account you wish to remove.

dkflipse

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Damn I hope not. I want to remove it from my phone - not permanently delete it. Especially after loading all of my contacts on there.

My phone has not synhced in 14 hours. I tried re-starting it and it didn't work. I've spent hours lately on my PC Outlook working with Outlook Connector, and kind of want to start from scratch on my phone-but not lose my Hotmail account.

dkflipse

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you try a long press on your live account and syncronise ?

What exactly dos that mean?

What I do is tap on my Hotmail icon and then tap on the icon on the bottom that says "synch". It takes about a minute then says

Windows Live Error
Last Updated 14 hours ago
We're Having a Problem Synching with m.hotmail.com
Missed Items:
Subject (then gives an appointment on my Outlook calendar - which I have already deleted).

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well i meant in settings / email accounts / Windows Live (your phone setup account should be listed underneath)

I meant long press that. (Windows Live.)

Sorry if that gives you the same result.

dkflipse

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Well i meant in settings / email accounts / Windows Live (your phone setup account should be listed underneath)

I meant long press that. (Windows Live.)

Sorry if that gives you the same result.

I see. Unfortunately didn't work. It says Windows Live and beneath says Not Up to Date. What I do see though is that it looks like the encrypted password has too many characters.

But this is insane. So we are not able to delete or change a Live account from our phone!!??!!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Nope you can't, as i said above, the only way to delete the primary live id on the phone is to reset your phone. (Remember, you will lose everything)

dkflipse

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Nope you can't, as i said above, the only way to delete the primary live id on the phone is to reset your phone. (Remember, you will lose everything)

I have no problem resetting the phone - or even doing a complete wipe. What I don't want to do it delete my MS Hotmail account (although now that I think of it I guess a Hotmail account would exist for perpetuity in the sky).

marr313

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
re:

Add a new account, with same details in my case Hotmail 2. remove the icon for original email from homescreen and replace with hotmail 2. As good as

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs