Can't synch my Trophy with Live since yesterday. I want to delete the account then reinstall it. But I can't figure out how to delete the account? In setting I only see how to change some options - but not delete?
    11-08-2011 01:49 PM
    You can't delete the initial live account you first set up your phone with, you have to perform a phone reset unfortunately. Crazy I know but that's the way it is. :(

Any other email accounts can be deleted by going to settings / email & accounts / long press account you wish to remove.
    I'm going to take a stab and say it will need to be deleted from a computer. Maybe log into your Live account and delete it from there?
    11-08-2011 01:53 PM
    You can't delete the initial live account you first set up your phone with, you have to perform a phone reset unfortunately. Crazy I know but that's the way it is. :(

Any other email accounts can be deleted by going to settings / email & accounts / long press account you wish to remove.
    11-08-2011 02:00 PM
    Damn I hope not. I want to remove it from my phone - not permanently delete it. Especially after loading all of my contacts on there.

My phone has not synhced in 14 hours. I tried re-starting it and it didn't work. I've spent hours lately on my PC Outlook working with Outlook Connector, and kind of want to start from scratch on my phone-but not lose my Hotmail account.
    11-08-2011 02:00 PM
    Did you try a long press on your live account and syncronise ?
    11-08-2011 02:06 PM
    Did you try a long press on your live account and syncronise ?
    What exactly dos that mean?

What I do is tap on my Hotmail icon and then tap on the icon on the bottom that says "synch". It takes about a minute then says

Windows Live Error
    Last Updated 14 hours ago
    We're Having a Problem Synching with m.hotmail.com
    Missed Items:
    Subject (then gives an appointment on my Outlook calendar - which I have already deleted).
    11-08-2011 02:18 PM
    Well i meant in settings / email accounts / Windows Live (your phone setup account should be listed underneath)

I meant long press that. (Windows Live.)

Sorry if that gives you the same result.
    11-08-2011 02:29 PM
    Well i meant in settings / email accounts / Windows Live (your phone setup account should be listed underneath)

I meant long press that. (Windows Live.)

Sorry if that gives you the same result.
    I see. Unfortunately didn't work. It says Windows Live and beneath says Not Up to Date. What I do see though is that it looks like the encrypted password has too many characters.

But this is insane. So we are not able to delete or change a Live account from our phone!!??!!
    ToshaRivera likes this.
    11-08-2011 02:58 PM
    Nope you can't, as i said above, the only way to delete the primary live id on the phone is to reset your phone. (Remember, you will lose everything)
    11-08-2011 04:32 PM
    Nope you can't, as i said above, the only way to delete the primary live id on the phone is to reset your phone. (Remember, you will lose everything)
    I have no problem resetting the phone - or even doing a complete wipe. What I don't want to do it delete my MS Hotmail account (although now that I think of it I guess a Hotmail account would exist for perpetuity in the sky).
    11-08-2011 06:55 PM
    OK. Fixed my own problem. I found HTC tech support and they were very helpful.

HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Radar

Did a factory re-set and so far so good.

This tech support site needs to be stickied somewhere.
    11-08-2011 07:34 PM
    this is a link I found after a long stress over linking my account to my friends phone, this is the last thing I wonted to do!

How to change the Microsoft account on your Windows Phone
    06-15-2013 10:13 PM
    Add a new account, with same details in my case Hotmail 2. remove the icon for original email from homescreen and replace with hotmail 2. As good as
    02-19-2014 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD