HTC Hub thoughts?

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone, While I'm awaiting the arrival of my Radar in the mail, I was curious what any owners thoughts were on the HTC Hub features and apps. I've read a few reviews of the phone and the Hub features are usually barely mentioned. I'm sure the Flashlight app is dead useful, but what about some of the other apps like the weather live tile and the notes app (any bonuses over Office?)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I use the HTC Weather application a lot. Besides weather, it includes Stocks, HTC News, and any other News application you have installed, along with featured HTC applications.

I use HTC notes simply for work reminders.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I hate the hub. I immediately uninstalled it.

I love HTC's stocks app and flashlight app though. I use USA today for all my news and weather. I don't think there is a better app out there for combined news and weather. It gets regular updates too. USA Today has really taken to WP7.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Delete HTC hub first thing after a hard reset. But as noted, Flashlight and Stocks work well. Some of the other apps are ok, but you can find better for free or 0.99 in the Marketplace.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, good news, I got my Radar tonight and have been loving it so far. Thought you guys might be interested to know that while setting up a HTC Watch account I ended up getting a pretty nice credit. Check out my other post for details $10 Credit

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Not me. I use it because I like the double-wide tile XD I have HTC HUB on top of ny apps, Pictures in the middle, and Calendar at te bottom. I actually like Weather Live but sometimes it can't find places I enter, HTC HUB will usually find these.

I have Flashlight very useful
Watch (never uses it though)
Dock, sometimes use it
HTC YouTube a must have, also has HQ playback
And I love Sound Enhancer, never had any problems with it personally
Also Attentive Phone (gets put in settings once installed) is a must have for HTC devices

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Weatherhub works very well for me. I found a lot of the weather apps never seem to locate properly.
But actually, all and all. The best weather app is the look out the window app. :D

SebasCvdB

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
HTC Hub would be great if you could get like a 5 day weather forecast on it. Else just uninstall it get Accuweather App and definitely get the Flashlight App from HTC.

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
the HTC hub is pretty, but it does make your phone look like an Android device...

the HTC flashlight is my flashlight app of choice... and the weather app is really cool to look at it

and as stated above, the double tile is pretty sweet

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Really nice looking, I installed it on my Focus mainly for the weather, but it lacks many features I want

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I like the HTC hub too, love the live tile showing rain, sleet, rain, snow, rain, sleet, snow, sleet, snow.

Unfortunately it's correct. :D

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I got rid of it. I use USA Today for news and I like M$'s Weather app a lot -- nice and simple and usually very accurate.

I don't like HTC's "Andoidified" software. :/

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Deleted it immediately. I wish it also included radar and had a single tile option to take up less real estate. Being a hunter, I have found AccuWeathers hourly forecast suits my needs better. I really enjoyed the weather anis with WinMo. Looking back I guess it was more new and novel. It just doesn't feel right for me now with WP7. Just my opinion. I must be getting old lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6