Radar auto-brightness

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
This COULD just be all the semi-legit street crack I took during this fall semester's finals catching up to me but does anybody notice the auto-brightness actually adjusting real time as different things on the screen change? what I mean is, when the screen is displaying dominant dark colors the screen will tend to slightly dim and vice-versa however in some cases when there is too much "action" going on on-screen the the screen will seem to want to adjust to something (for some reason) and it'll kinda look like it's flickering but it's something needs to be scrutinized in order to see and of course someone with ADD like myself would take note of it. Thing is though, on my HD7 it would never do that on auto-brightness, but then again on the HD7 it never adjusted to anything but full brightness on occasion when i would go outside but other than that it would stay at a level between low and medium brightness which is perfect for me and I really like it, now that I have a phone that actually does automatically adjust... is that "flickering" just the auto-brightness?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
This COULD just be all the semi-legit street crack I took during this fall semester's finals catching up to me but does anybody notice the auto-brightness actually adjusting real time as different things on the screen change? what I mean is, when the screen is displaying dominant dark colors the screen will tend to slightly dim and vice-versa however in some cases when there is too much "action" going on on-screen the the screen will seem to want to adjust to something (for some reason) and it'll kinda look like it's flickering but it's something needs to be scrutinized in order to see and of course someone with ADD like myself would take note of it. Thing is though, on my HD7 it would never do that on auto-brightness, but then again on the HD7 it never adjusted to anything but full brightness on occasion when i would go outside but other than that it would stay at a level between low and medium brightness which is perfect for me and I really like it, now that I have a phone that actually does automatically adjust... is that "flickering" just the auto-brightness?

I'm not sure, but I can say I have noticed this as well. I've also wondered why auto-brightness doesn't dim the backlight to the lowest setting when in complete darkness? If I turn out every light and leave auto-brightness on, it dims. However, when I turn it off and choose "Low" for the brightness setting, it gets darker than the auto-brightness's idea of "low" lol.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure, but I can say I have noticed this as well. I've also wondered why auto-brightness doesn't dim the backlight to the lowest setting when in complete darkness? If I turn out every light and leave auto-brightness on, it dims. However, when I turn it off and choose "Low" for the brightness setting, it gets darker than the auto-brightness's idea of "low" lol.

glad to hear I'm not the only one lol I've watched the screen like a hawk and I've noticed that the flickering is just the auto-brightness doing its job. As for the dim setting... it is to my understanding that that's an OS issue, for some reason it just doesn't dim all the way down... Makes not the least bit of sense but I'm sure it'll change as the OS matures.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
glad to hear I'm not the only one lol I've watched the screen like a hawk and I've noticed that the flickering is just the auto-brightness doing its job. As for the dim setting... it is to my understanding that that's an OS issue, for some reason it just doesn't dim all the way down... Makes not the least bit of sense but I'm sure it'll change as the OS matures.

Thanks for the clarification. I hope this supposed new bug fix rolls out soon. It has to be carrier approved (hate carriers). It's one of the biggest reasons I left Android; all that carrier involvement just irritates me. I'm using my Radar contract-free on T-Mobile prepaid and it's one of the smartest decisions I've made in my life, especially when Sprint let me out ETF-free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss