8107 for you Radar owners on T-Mo USA!

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Updates are always welcome, but it doesn't look like the sort of update to make people on other carriers impatient.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update on my Radar

Since this is the official, has the keyboard improved for you? I notice they didn't put it in the changelog, so I wonder if it is something they couldn't fix? I used 8107 on my Radar before I sold it for my Lumia 710 and noticed no difference with the firmware on my phone....

Sir_Josh

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got the 8107 update as well, I don't see a huge improvement personally, but I also didn't have any of the keyboard or other problems some people did. Still, it is pretty comforting to see our device getting updated. :)

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd try but it just doesn't want to install. It just hangs near the end of the install process, then the computer becomes unresponsive and that's all she wrote. I've tried reinstalling Zune, etc. etc. So it looks like I'll skip this update and see what comes later. I'm definitely not doing another hard reset. What a pain that is!

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Never got the push, but I connected my Radar to my Mac, fired up WP7 Connector, checked for updates, and BAM: There she was. Done and done. I is happy. Yay.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
There's three components to this update:
  • Firmware update
It's a pretty solid update and Radar users should be thrilled. Took about 40 mins though to do it, so leave some time.

nomoore

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Yay! I hooked up to my PC last night and updated. After updating to the 7740 update it said I had the latest software. I disconnected and reconnected my phone and it then loaded the rest so I now have 8107. I hope it fixes the proximity sensor issue like it promises. I hate having to press the power button to wake up the screen before I can end a long call. The keyboard issue is a bit annoying too. If these things are indeed fixed then the only thing left is to fix the network connectivity/wireless issues and I'll be an EXTREMELY happy Radar 4G owner and would recommend it without any caveats.

sprocket01

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting I didn't receive the notification but was able to connect to the computer and find the update!! Here's to hoping it fixes a few of the bugs!:)

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Feels good to have a phone that actually gets updates. I lived with Android for over a year on two different phones, and never got any updates for either.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Feels good to have a phone that actually gets updates. I lived with Android for over a year on two different phones, and never got any updates for either.

That's the *huge* Achilles **** of Android. You just never know if you're going to get updates. The carriers and handset makers have no reason to do updates. They make no money from updating a phone...

nomoore

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Urgggh! The proximity issue I'm having isn't fixed. :mad: I still have to press the power button sometimes to wake up the screen before I can end a call. But I haven't seen the keyboard disappear yet.

sp3ci4lk

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Urgggh! The proximity issue I'm having isn't fixed. :mad: I still have to press the power button sometimes to wake up the screen before I can end a call. But I haven't seen the keyboard disappear yet.

That's really, really strange. I use my phone a lot for calls and texts/IM, and while I'd seen the disappearing keyboard thing a few times, I've never fallen prey to the proximity sensor issue. My phone's always worked perfectly in that respect. Hmmm...

Have you considered that it could be a phone-specific issue?

Sir_Josh

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
That's strange nomoore that you have to manually wake up your screen during a phone call. Perhaps its more common than I think, but that is one thing that amazed me at first with my Radar.

It took me a couple of calls to figure out it did it on purpose and perfectly, then I was just really happy as a WP owner. :) lol

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

nodrogkam

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Hm, wish I had read this before performing the HTC update that showed up AFTER the Windows 8107 update.
Guess i'll report back if there are major issues. Hope not though, cause honestly, the phone was great before the updates - I was only experiencing the disappearing keyboard (sometimes).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb