I took my focus back and now have the surround

Okifire

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
After having the focus for 30 days I visited the AT&T store and now own a Surround. I had received the phone and it was nice although I did think it felt too light and kinda cheap. Took it home and played with it and fell in love with all the new cool stuff. Then the thing rang and I answered it. My wife told me she thought it sounded muffled. I took the body glove case off and it was better. After the conversation I tried to hang up and the thing remained blacked out. The end call option would not show up. Went back to the store and they switched it out with no problems. Then I started playing with the navigaion which was terrible. If I was outside it was fair but inside a car it would not work. Would wander around several miles away from where I actually was. Back to the store where they gave me a free month of ATandT nav. No better. I played with all the galaxy type phones and thought they were all kinda bad. Started playing with the Surround. Felt solid and the nav system locked quickly, surely and was great. The screen grew on me although I do like the Focus screen a little better. The speaker is pretty nice although not something that is just awesome. I have had it for a full day and love it. I think it blows the focus out of the water. Really thought when I went back the last time I would get a "gulp" Iphone 4. No dice I am a Surround believer. HTC seems to be building a very good quality phone. It just feels good in my hands. Try em both out but have an open mind. After all the hoopla it is hard to do, but I am glad I switched.

Manuelitoohno

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I too came from galaxy s phones and theyre POS. I will never get a samsung cell ever again. plastic, plastic, cheap, with a nice screen is not something I want. I love my surround, you did a good !

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
It just feels good in my hands. Try em both out but have an open mind.

You nailed it on the head right there. The funniest thing I have noticed is the "its too big" complaint of the Surround but when comparing all 3 dimensions the Surround is actually smaller by .19". And those "gimmick" speakers that add 2.794mm (less then 1/8 inch) greater thickness when compared to the Focus well they do exactly what they are suppose to do. Reproduce the best sound possible from a cell phone when played out loud.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
If you go over to the focus forum no one is talking about the surround.....?

Why do you keep trolling the Sourrand forum? I think we have a Surround lover in the closet! :p

Ok ok your right. Nobdy's talking about the Surround over there. All the threads appear to be trying to figure out all the hardware issues. Wallpaper pic degrade, keyboard issues, SD card issues, weird screen issues, lock up issues, reboot issues, audio issues, wireless sync issues...

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm having the screen going blank problem too on my Focus. My GPS locks on pretty quick and accurate though. Called Amazon to exchange it, but they said it was backordered till Dec 21. They gave me the option to get a Surround instead if I wanted and I could get it in the next day. I'm still thinking about it...

Okifire

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I would never want anybody to buy on my rec alone. Seems many people are very happy with there Galaxy phones. Seems people think my speakers are a gimmick. I would have bought mine without the speakers, but they dont offer it that way, althought they dont hurt anything. I did not post on the Focus area since I did not want to flame, I was posting over here for those people who dont care if the Surround is being totaly outsold by the Focus. I personally am concerned thet the Focus will be a big stumbling block for Windows, but I am sure Gates is sharper than me.

Also wanted to mention that this phone has not locked up in the market place one time in the past 24 hours. I just figured that was gonna be a way of life until the upgrade.

So if you dont want to read abou the guy who used the Focus for 30 full days and after the excitement wore off went and got the alternatives in his hands then go away. As you go away keep hoping the memory card issues are fixed.

Have you walked around for days with both models?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
What the hell... I went ahead and called Amazon and asked them to send me a Surround instead of the Focus. They said I'm getting it by Wed.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Why do you keep trolling the Sourrand forum? I think we have a Surround lover in the closet! :p

Ok ok your right. Nobdy's talking about the Surround over there. All the threads appear to be trying to figure out all the hardware issues. Wallpaper pic degrade, keyboard issues, SD card issues, weird screen issues, lock up issues, reboot issues, audio issues, wireless sync issues...

Im not trolling I search focus and it brings me here, I would go to the focus threads but all the focus action is here. The surround would be my phone if it were 4 inches and didn't have a silly slide speaker and kickstand. HTC makes great devices, but I haven't had a single problem with my focus. Its light, thin, has a great super amoled screen, and with a 16gb card it has over 20gb of memory. Maybe some people regret their decisions? :) love you guys

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
That is funny if you search Focus and it brings you too our threads. I have said all along both are good devices as far as features go and what not and it just comes to personal preference. Its been fun! :)

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So far they all are good devices. Pretty good choices, the speaker is cool if you like that, the simplicity of the focus, and the keyboard with the LG. Im just trying to start a forum war. So bring it surround people. Warriors come out to play yayy warriors come out to play yaaaayy.

Hombaca05

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I like both phones, but the Focus really is light to the point of feeling really cheap. I previously had a Captivate, which had a solid metal heft to it, which I like about the Surround. It feels tough, tho I've gotten used to it and really don't even notice it now. Also, if you plan on playing Live games, I highly recommend the Surround. The speaker delivers quality sound during gameplay and also gives you a nice place to rest your thumbs. That is, if the game will orient that way. I love ilomilo b/c it will orient which ever way you choose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium