beware of surround slider

nVd

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
There is a major problem with the slider if you open the back of the phone as directed, by pulling the small slit on the bottom of the phone it will destroy the phone's tightness between the top and bottom piece. It will then have a small gap that will move when u tap on the phone. I can't return mine anymore since I am over the 30 days and I have to decide If i want to send it back to HTC to get it fixed...

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
There is a major problem with the slider if you open the back of the phone as directed, by pulling the small slit on the bottom of the phone it will destroy the phone's tightness between the top and bottom piece. It will then have a small gap that will move when u tap on the phone. I can't return mine anymore since I am over the 30 days and I have to decide If i want to send it back to HTC to get it fixed...

Can you add insurance, then a month later claim insurance?

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
i think you also have to open the insurance policy with in 30 days of activation too. i had read about that before i bought mine luckily. so i ran a nail all the way around the edges to remove the back panel from mine. hope your able to work yours out with htc though. you have a full year warrant directly with htc. you should hit them up about it because it sounds like it is a known issue when removing the back piece as instructed in their own manual.

Last edited:

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Really? 30 days? Before I got my Focus, I had a one year old Android phone that was acting up. The AT&T rep at the store couldn't fix and suggested I get insurance and claim it next month. I was like, nah, I wanted to get a WP7 phone anyways. So I didn't do it. Maybe the rep just didn't know what she was talking about? She did sound pretty dumb and clueless when she was showing me the Focus.

Easiest way to find out is to go to your online AT&T account and follow the link for "Manage Features" and see if the option to add "Wireless Insurance" under "Insurance Features" is there.

Edit: I would weigh in the involved costs. Usually. claiming insurance will have a deductable and manufacturers may make you pay for shipping.

Last edited:

nVd

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Like action said TELUS only offers insurance for 30 days. But TELUS did offer to send it to HTC to get repaired and get a loaner phone while I wait. The only problem I have with that is if HTC blames me and won't repair it or if it comes back with more serious issues than a gap.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Like action said TELUS only offers insurance for 30 days. But TELUS did offer to send it to HTC to get repaired and get a loaner phone while I wait. The only problem I have with that is if HTC blames me and won't repair it or if it comes back with more serious issues than a gap.

something as minor as that i doubt htc will have a fit about. im willing to bet they would just turn around and pull a refurb or a totally new one off the shelf and send it to you.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks to your warning, I was extra careful about opening the back cover. I think that's about the only negative mark I gave my Surround. I thought the Focus was bad, but this is worse. I'm sure I'll develop some kind of technique over time, but I'd rather avoid it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720