Hole in the top?

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
There's a tiny hole in the top of my Surround, toward the center in between the earphone jack and the power button.

What's it for? It sort of looks like the hole in an iphone 3G/3Gs that you stick a paper clip in to release the SIM card.

*edit* found a pdf users guide...apparently, it's the microphone. Strange spot for it, you'd think the bottom would be the place for that.

Last edited:

mittortz

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's not the microphone, it's a second one. There's one at the bottom too, right by the USB port in the divot for prying off the back, you'll see it. The one at the bottom is for your voice, as you reasoned; the one at the top listens for ambient noise. The dual microphone design is common in modern phones and high-end bluetooth earpieces - it helps cut out external noise so only your voice is heard on the other end.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
The dual microphone design is common in modern phones and high-end bluetooth earpieces - it helps cut out external noise so only your voice is heard on the other end.

That is exactly why I usually cant stand talking to anyone who is using a bluetooth ear piece. I usually always end up saying will you please pick up the phone it sounds like your hanging your head out a car window.

Not to mention I pretty much just don't like them because of the people who go around wearing theirs 24x7. If you do I'm sorry if this offends you but your a tool IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon