Just Got Surrround

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So I just bought a surround off of craiglist which I thought was used until the guy opened the box and it was brand spanking new. I paid $200. Anyway I've had Iphone 3g,3gs,4,captivate(3), focus(2) and now the surround. Anyone on the focus forum will tell you that I complained about weird things happening with the phone and not being to satisfied with the os. So I was playing with my captivate and realized that I didn't use any of the apps and I had it rooted and froyo updated but really only used the internet. So I started thinking I should give wp7 another shot, specifically the htc surround since it would be kinda cheap. Let me tell you, so far this phone blows the focus out of the water. The os is still kinda bland but for what I use it for, it works(hopefully the updates start rolling out). The phone feels great and not cheap. The speaker phone oddly sucks but the reception and speed/responsiveness is great. I'm eligible for an upgrade and I was gonna get the atrix but the more I think about it, i'm a simple/boring guy lol. Now let's get some darn custom ringtones, copy/paste, and fix the nagging bugs in the other threads.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the fam! Beware of some ole dude named s3lfprocr3hatn or something like that. He be hating on us real hard. When you see posts all butchered up w/ tons of misspelled words that's when you know its him. LOL :p
Nah he's cool we just like to jab at each other. XD

Hombaca05

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm the same way. Bought my Captivate, and Aria before that, thinking "yea Android! Openness and modding and customizing!" Then I realized I don't care to do any of that and it's really all just a poor substiute for a slick looking OS that just works, which is what WP7 has! :) Welcome.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I do have a complaint. My battery sucks ***. Anyone else have any problems.

battery life is poor with moderate and heavy use. Think most of the WP7 are experiencing this.

I ended up disabling vibrate, feedback, Bluetooth, find my phone faster etc.

Now that the new has worn of I can get about a day out of it.

Sent from my htc Surround using Board Express

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried turning vibrate off but everytime i press a button like home or back, it vibrates. my bluetooth is off also. Can vibrate be completely turned off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss