Surround Post-Mango Crashing/Rebooting

MrDiamondJ

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I just installed Mango on my Surround the other night, and I'm having some major issues with it now. It will randomly crash, reboot, and then keep rebooting. It will do this four or five times in a row until finally settling down, but it happens constantly. Simply using any app is often enough to trigger it.

Any ideas? I had random crashes pre-Mango, but they were few and far between. These crashes are rendering the phone nearly unusable.

MrDiamondJ

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely going to take it in to my local AT&T store. The last time I had a problem with it they said they're replace it with a refurbished version, so I hope they make the same offer this time.

MrDiamondJ

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I've thought about that, but I'd rather take it in and have it looked at. If they say the only thing I can do is pay to get it fixed (as opposed to replaced), I'll go the hard reset route.

I'd hate to hard reset it and then have it do the same thing all over again.

mambastik

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting similar problems but not as severe. Got the Surround around May-June, and it has never froze on me. Now post-Mango, it's been freezing, but only when I'm listening to music. The music will continue, but when it comes to the end, nothing happens. I can unlock the phone (no pass) but does not respond to touch other than it will brighten up again after going dim. I cannot slide up to reveal the tiles nor can I control any of the media controls.

I get lucky and I can reset by holding down the power button, but today was the first time I couldn't reset it. I had to actually reinsert the battery - which pissed me off a bit because while taking off the back cover, the power button broke off. Now the only way I can unlock the phone is by reinserting my headphones (or the holding the camera button).

MrDiamondJ

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Just to close this out, yep, it was a hardware problem. Sent it in to HTC for a repair, they got it back to me in no time flat, and now my Surround is rock-solid. I can't recall it rebooting even once since it was fixed...it's not even a possibility any more.

Windows Phone 7 is so stable. Love it.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the memory card in it was bad. they just swapped it out. Once your phone is out of warranty you can get a Sandisk 32Gb and put it in.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon