Unlocking my Surround, have the code, now what?

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Put in a sim that's not from the carrier the phone is locked to. It will ask you when you turn the phone on it will ask you for the unlock code.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That seems pretty easy. Where can I get a non ATT sim card? A verizon or sprint store? Those are right by my house.

Verizon and Sprint don't have SIM cards. They are CDMA carriers. Only GSM carriers have SIM cards.

You need to go to Best Buy and get a H20 wireless SIM card or a T-Mobile SIM card, but you'll only get 2G on T-Mobile

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the heads up. The phone sold tonight for the buy it now price of $180. Half way to my master unlocked Lumia 800 plan!!

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the heads up. The phone sold tonight for the buy it now price of $180. Half way to my master unlocked Lumia 800 plan!!

Awesome! I put my HD7 up for sale on ebay and within 20 minutes someone clicked buy it now for $200! Although I only paid $100 for it muahahahaha

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I was kicking myself for not asking for more than $180. I've got an iPhone 4 coming that I'm planning to unlock and put up for auction. I figure between the Surround and the iPhone that should more than cover what Nokia puts out in Jan/Feb!

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
$180 for the Surround is a good take. I've seen some go for < $150.00.

If the iPhone is on the latest firmware, ultrasn0w has not been updated to unlock 5.0.1. There's a workaround, but it requires a jailbroken phone, and an untethered jailbreak isn't avail yet for 5.0.1.

anjalireturns

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I was kicking myself for not asking for more than $180. I've got an iPhone 4 coming that I'm planning to unlock and put up for auction. I figure between the Surround and the iPhone that should more than cover what Nokia puts out in Jan/Feb!
Used HTC SURROUND for $180 is a good sale. Similarly good luck for your iPhone too. If you need to unlock your iPhone before putting it up in auction, You can get it unlocked using remote unlocking service. It is a permanent unlocking method and doesn't require a jailbreak too. You can get the remote unlocking service for an iPhone 4 from at affordable cost with easy unlocking instructions. Good luck mate.

anjalireturns

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Used HTC SURROUND for $180 is a good sale. Similarly good luck for your iPhone too. If you need to unlock your iPhone before putting it up in auction, You can get it unlocked using remote unlocking service. It is a permanent unlocking method and doesn't require a jailbreak too. You can get the remote unlocking service for an iPhone 4 from at affordable cost with easy unlocking instructions. Good l

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs