Been rocking my surround proudly since first few months of lauch and it still treats me well. Have dropped it many times and I only have a zagg shield on it and the device still looks and works great. Thats just testament to HTC build quality in my opinion. Only recently have even noticed the bulk of the device compared to others. That's only because I just got an original focus for my brother and thinking of switching to it for while to change it up. My upgrade is due in feb. and I'm hoping some really nice nokia phone will be available till then. Until then though, I love the surround, its stand and speakers. I use my phone mostly for music and social networking and couldn't be happier.

Anyone else proud to still be rocking the unsung hero, the htc surround?
    12-16-2011 08:51 AM
    Been rocking my surround proudly since first few months of lauch and it still treats me well. Have dropped it many times and I only have a zagg shield on it and the device still looks and works great. Thats just testament to HTC build quality in my opinion. Only recently have even noticed the bulk of the device compared to others. That's only because I just got an original focus for my brother and thinking of switching to it for while to change it up. My upgrade is due in feb. and I'm hoping some really nice nokia phone will be available till then. Until then though, I love the surround, its stand and speakers. I use my phone mostly for music and social networking and couldn't be happier.

Anyone else proud to still be rocking the unsung hero, the htc surround?
    Haha. No; too bulky, screen is ok.

Still, I've had it for almost a year now its still kicking. Battery gets me through a full day, esp. with the auto-powersave. Used a case and screen protector for a couple months but made it waay to big. Thus, it has taken excessive abuse and does some funky things, like unlocking when I put down, auto-starts tellMe, pauses music, etc.

I want to check out the Lumia 900; February?? I think the Surround may survive until then.
    12-18-2011 10:40 PM
    I wish they make another surround. Another improved surround with more sound options for us music junkies. Also a lot more internal storage and sd cards. Maybe a louder surround and less bulky and better looking... I just wish... and a bigger screen.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    12-18-2011 11:08 PM
    Still rocking mine. Since September. I love it. Size and weight are okay by my standards. My wife just got one as well last week. Two year contract and $0 with Telus. Excellent in my opinion.
    12-19-2011 09:33 AM
    HTC surround 2 with Beats Audio?
    01-05-2012 09:44 PM
    I have a HD7, Surround, Focus Flash, and a Lumia 800. I think the Surround, by far, feels the best in my hands.

Despite the allure of thin for most people, I find that a thicker phone is easier to use. When holding the phone in one hand, swiping near the edge of the screen with your thumb is uncomfortable when the device is too thin. Combine thin with a really wide body like on the HD7, and it becomes quite a PITA to use, if I'm being honest.

With the rubber case, the Lumia is nearly as thick as the Surround, but the Lumia is a bit wider than the Surround despite the Surround having a larger display. So I would rank that 2nd best out of the phones that I have.

The Focus Flash is the narrowest of my phones, and while it fits in my hands great, it's also a little too thin for my tastes. And it's also slippery little sucker when using without a case.
    01-21-2012 12:08 PM
    Mine is still going strong. My wife has a Focus and the Surround feels much better. I did see an HTC Titan last weekend and looking forward to seeing a Lumia 900.
    01-26-2012 11:54 AM

The whole planet and their dogs are looking forward to seeing a Lumia 900 DigitalZ. :D

Welcome to WPCentral. :)
    01-26-2012 11:58 AM
    I finally switched to my focus, got zagg shield and32gb miscrosd rocking. Until march 18th when I have to decide between titan 2 or limia 900. Decisions are so diff!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    01-26-2012 12:27 PM
    I'm still rocking my Surround. I got it last year a few months after the launch date after my iPhone pooped out. I used to have a case on it but being the klutz I am the case only last a couple months of the phone being accidentally dropped. I've lost count how many times my phone has been dropped (most of the time dropped on concrete floors, out of a rig and etc). My screen protector has some decent looking scratches on it, (none that I believe have reached the glass) and there are for sure signs of dropping/skidding because one of the corners is dented nicely and the trim around the screen on the top side is showing it's original color pretty much. With all that said my surround is still alive and kicking! I'm proud to have made this purchase. Previous phones haven't stood the hands of myself like this one has. I was saddened when AT&T stopped selling it. :(
    02-08-2012 08:11 PM
    I have one but never dropped it. It does have gorilla glass so no worries. Never have app issues. Kickstand is awesome. Only complaint is sometimes it refuses to power on. You have to pull out the battery. Sometimes freezes up on the lock screen too. Requires shutting it off and on. Otherwise great phone.
    05-15-2013 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD