HTC Surround update to Tango

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Surround Doesn't Dance

Not on my Surround.Tango update appears to be going to 2nd generation devices first. The way AT&T operates we'll be lucky to have it before MS pushes 7.8 OTA update, if ever. If we don't have Tango by then I'm not sure if 7.8 would be applied.
This would leave many users out of the loop, those who do not wish or are unable to install cabs, unbrand or unlock their phones.
I'm considering downgrading my bootloader and installing a fully unlocked custom rom. Hopefully I don't brick the phone. I have tinkered with it before using ChevrobLabs and interop unlock. My tech skills are not top notch but I am sick and tired of the lack of carrier support. The least these chuckle heads could do is to keep your phone up to date while you are under contract. This is entirely possible, but their lack of commitment is highly evident.

Last edited:

Eyes Pried Open

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Mr. Rubino told me that since the htc surround is being discontinuned on telus and att there will be no update to tango or windows phone 7.8. :( Try using the workaround. I attepmted forcing it oce and it made my phone crash while i tried to open up texts. this made it unuseable i am trying it again after restoring backup.... *crosses fingers*

populardale

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

populardale

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I just tweeted Telus hoping that Telus will do something sooner, I told them im getting tired of them changing their PDF every time. Lets hope my tweet gets something pushed through, i'll update you in the next week when their PDF gets updated again or when they push the update. Hopefully we get it any day now!

Dr Widdleguy

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Still haven't received Tango update. =/ Every time I ask AT&T they send me to HTC and vice versa. No one has ever given me an answer to my question. :mad:

I still have the 7720 update which is the initial Windows 7.5 release. So far there's been 3 updates since then. Granted I know not all phones receive the update but you would think the one that actually has to do with messaging and such would get pushed to the Surround.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon