04-14-2012 02:48 AM
93 1234
tools
    To everyone saying that HTC pulled an Android. So what's the time frame for them to work on new phones. I say they should be working on the Titan III already. If they didn't announce anything, people would say they have no faith in WP7. Sheesh, enjoy the phone you just got, it's still a great phone.
    Duvi likes this.
    01-09-2012 02:32 PM
    16MP seems overkill judging by HTC's previous cameras. I hope it doesn't trigger another mega pixel race.
    01-09-2012 02:35 PM
    Thing about WP is that they still support older devices like Apple. Android however, is not the case. I HATE how they blast phones to oblivion months after they are out. Droid 3 came out a couple months ago, Droid 4 is now leaked and Droid 3 is being pushed to not even being supported anymore.
    01-09-2012 02:43 PM
    To everyone saying that HTC pulled an Android. So what's the time frame for them to work on new phones. I say they should be working on the Titan III already. If they didn't announce anything, people would say they have no faith in WP7. Sheesh, enjoy the phone you just got, it's still a great phone.
    Considering HTC produced 20 Android phones in 2011 alone, I'd say they've probably got the Titan 3 and 4 lined up already :P

I'll not argue with those with loads of music over phone sizes, the same debate has been around since the iPod and just comes down to people not wanting to choose music to bring with them which is fair enough.

My own music folder totals about 20gb but there's no way I'd want or need to bring it all with me, where am I going to get the time or battery life to listen to 5.5 days of music? I tend to sync stuff once a week, usually newer albums and old favourites and have never wanted something I didn't have with me.
    01-09-2012 02:45 PM
    I hope this causes the price for the Titan I to drop. My 3GS is starting to fail me, so I might be picking up a Titan soon. I have no need for LTE as my country doesn't offer it, and I rarely use the camera.

I do hope they wait a little before releasing the next flagship model (til Apollo is released at least).
    01-09-2012 02:50 PM
    Yeah, we were talking about the need of such large storage device. Someone made the point that they load TV/Movie episodes on their phone for their daily commute. I can see why people need large storage. As for me, I haven't filled my 8G Focus up yet. With Spotify, I don't even put music on my phone anymore.
    Considering HTC produced 20 Android phones in 2011 alone, I'd say they've probably got the Titan 3 and 4 lined up already :P

I'll not argue with those with loads of music over phone sizes, the same debate has been around since the iPod and just comes down to people not wanting to choose music to bring with them which is fair enough.

My own music folder totals about 20gb but there's no way I'd want or need to bring it all with me, where am I going to get the time or battery life to listen to 5.5 days of music? I tend to sync stuff once a week, usually newer albums and old favourites and have never wanted something I didn't have with me.
    01-09-2012 02:52 PM
    apps like spotify, and pandora waste my data so I can't rely on them to stream music every time Im in the car. I'd go through my 2 gigs in a week if not faster.
    01-09-2012 02:53 PM
    The more I read about these newer devices the more happy I am that I have a Focus.

I'm starting to think the best thing to do with smartphones is to upgrade when you can, sell the upgrade, and buy a last gen phone for half the price and pocket the rest of the money. Usually the last gen phones are sufficient enough and have plenty of support and cheap accessories.

When I'm due to upgrade around Thanksgiving, I'll probably get something like the Nokia 900 (or whatever is current at the time) for a penny and sell the thing on Ebay for $500 and buy a Focus S for like, $150 or $200.
    01-09-2012 03:21 PM
    16MP seems overkill judging by HTC's previous cameras. I hope it doesn't trigger another mega pixel race.
    I does sound like overkill, but it's good recognition for Windows Phone to have it "first". This is truly a Flagship device for WP.
    01-09-2012 03:35 PM
    13 GB seems fine to me,
    I'm glad I didn't buy the Titan!
    01-09-2012 03:37 PM
    I was all set to get the Nokia 900, but I'm not so sure after seeing this beast.
    01-09-2012 03:49 PM
    I'm very happy about this phone, Oh man if something like this comes to T-mobile I'll be all over it.

Hugeeeee screen, hugeeeeee camera, hugeeeee speed. Titan all around brother.

Edit: Also I'm in shock that this phone leak ago that early. ( Remember the HTC bresson? )
    01-09-2012 04:10 PM
    Moved to Titan II Forum
    01-09-2012 04:28 PM
    Hows that new/old Titan of yours looking now, Weebear??

*makes quick escape*

:D
    01-09-2012 04:29 PM
    Yeah, we were talking about the need of such large storage device. Someone made the point that they load TV/Movie episodes on their phone for their daily commute. I can see why people need large storage. As for me, I haven't filled my 8G Focus up yet. With Spotify, I don't even put music on my phone anymore.
    Yep that was me =)

TV Shows and Movies add up.

Not to mention pictures with a 16(!!!!!) Megapixel camera
    01-09-2012 04:31 PM
    Moved to Titan II Forum
    I think that's a bad idea, this phone announcement was part of a CES keynote and it was the first place I entered to learn about the phone. Why not make a new Titan 2 board :)?
    01-09-2012 04:44 PM
    I think that's a bad idea, this phone announcement was part of a CES keynote and it was the first place I entered to learn about the phone. Why not make a new Titan 2 board :)?
    You're in the new Titan 2 board Winterfang. :D
    01-09-2012 04:45 PM
    I had a feeling that Titan II was going to come. But if the only difference is a 16meg cam and LTE it's not very exciting. I dont know why people are so gun ho with having super internet speeds on a Phone. I'd be happy if they got 3G speeds (aka 4G on AT&T) working correctly.
    I wonder when they where doing the show and tell at CES on the Titan II if the phone did a random power cycle like my Original Titan and the replacement Titan I have now.

I am adding too that I don't like a non replaceable battery, also I like the alloy back mine has.
    Last edited by neftv; 01-09-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    01-09-2012 04:54 PM
    Win Win for a lot of people I think. New and better toy for some, or drop the price of the OG titan for others. I was going to buy a used Titan 1 today, but now I'm not sure whether I'm going to wait for a cheaper Titan 1 or a Titan 2 now...or a Lumia 900 (watching the liveblog. Looks nice.) Depends on the screen. It's a good day to be a WP7 user (or really any phone platform).
    01-09-2012 05:08 PM
    It's a good day to be a WP7 user (or really any phone platform).
    ...if you're on AT&T. Otherwise you may be pulling your hair out right now.
    01-09-2012 06:22 PM
    I wonder if this phone will properly support HSPA+ category 10 out of the box. That would be a lousy trick on AT&T's part. "See? This one has faster speeds," without LTE even being available in that area. Looking forward to experimentation.
    01-09-2012 06:33 PM
    I wonder if this phone will properly support HSPA+ category 10 out of the box. That would be a lousy trick on AT&T's part. "See? This one has faster speeds," without LTE even being available in that area. Looking forward to experimentation.
    Funny, I had EXACTLY the same thought. If it is that obvious a strategy to us....hmmm...
    01-09-2012 06:55 PM
    16 MP camera! :O I'm sold! If i ever go in the USA, it will be just to buy this phone! :D (Or the Lumia 900 :P)
    01-09-2012 06:59 PM
    Glad I returned my Titan. however I won't be buying another phone on or near release date as my original Titan had the muffled sound and below par bandwidth speeds. Probably pick it up a few weeks after release if the reviews hold up well. I need to get back to a Windows phone so hopefully this beast is released sooner than later.
    01-09-2012 07:00 PM
    I haven't had any problems with my Titan, the only things that I want are MOAR storage and LTE speeds. I do like that the Titan2 seems to be a more solid design though.

If the Lumia comes with 32gb I might jump on it, if not then it's the Titan2 for me.
    01-09-2012 07:42 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD