AT&T Titan II Anyone ?

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a feeling that Titan II was going to come. But if the only difference is a 16meg cam and LTE it's not very exciting. I dont know why people are so gun ho with having super internet speeds on a Phone. I'd be happy if they got 3G speeds (aka 4G on AT&T) working correctly.
I wonder when they where doing the show and tell at CES on the Titan II if the phone did a random power cycle like my Original Titan and the replacement Titan I have now.

I am adding too that I don't like a non replaceable battery, also I like the alloy back mine has.

Last edited:

E_man#CB

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Win Win for a lot of people I think. New and better toy for some, or drop the price of the OG titan for others. I was going to buy a used Titan 1 today, but now I'm not sure whether I'm going to wait for a cheaper Titan 1 or a Titan 2 now...or a Lumia 900 (watching the liveblog. Looks nice.) Depends on the screen. It's a good day to be a WP7 user (or really any phone platform).

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if this phone will properly support HSPA+ category 10 out of the box. That would be a lousy trick on AT&T's part. "See? This one has faster speeds," without LTE even being available in that area. Looking forward to experimentation.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if this phone will properly support HSPA+ category 10 out of the box. That would be a lousy trick on AT&T's part. "See? This one has faster speeds," without LTE even being available in that area. Looking forward to experimentation.

Funny, I had EXACTLY the same thought. If it is that obvious a strategy to us....hmmm...

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Glad I returned my Titan. however I won't be buying another phone on or near release date as my original Titan had the muffled sound and below par bandwidth speeds. Probably pick it up a few weeks after release if the reviews hold up well. I need to get back to a Windows phone so hopefully this beast is released sooner than later.

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with my Titan, the only things that I want are MOAR storage and LTE speeds. I do like that the Titan2 seems to be a more solid design though.

If the Lumia comes with 32gb I might jump on it, if not then it's the Titan2 for me.

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
it looks like they tightened up the spacing for the capacitive buttons for easier access...also hopefully the curved chin will improve microphone voice quality and ease of handling

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
While it is nice to see new devices coming to the platform, it still stings just a little to know that HTC is already pushing out new phones when the one they just released still has bugs (yes, I know that this is the real world, and that is how this works), but isnt this just a little like what Apple did back in 07?

We all just burned a contract, either upgrade or new line, to get the latest and greatest, only to find it buggy, so we move on to an alternative, only to have something "new and improved" waved in front of us within a few weeks...the Titan on ATT isnt even 60 days old yet!

Granted, the Titan was available for a while before ATT released it, so there's that, but still...where is the support and fix for the OG Titan? Is the Titan II the remedy? The $600 off contract remedy? Are Titan owners going to be allowed to swap out their I's for II's?

My rant is really moot until this thing actually drops, I guess, so I will jump off my soapbox now...I guess I just needed to vent a little... :blush:

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe if every Titan owner causes a ruckus they'll allow a swap? I know how you feel, it's kind of what swayed me away from the iPhone. It was one thing when it first came out, but then when they started with yearly releases it gets tough to time when to future proof your phone for a while in comparison to their some of their other products with longer release cycles.

cyrus_the_great

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
There's nothing nice about having larger screened devices carrying the cutting-edge hardware, leaving those who prefer smaller devices in the dust.
Actuall there is,and that's the larger screen itself.It's easier for me to do things on larger screens,but that's me,we're not the same after all!

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade comes around right when these devices come out, but it might be smart to wait a few more months for the tango/apollo builds. Not because i want the next best technology because these are rather impressive for my uses (16MP camera), but I think WP will get ALOT more attention when windows 8 rolls around on PC's and then the manufacturers are going to start pumping out phones of different types and well all find the one we want.

Titan II is amazing, but I don't know if I want a phone that big (i've held titan, it feels great, but I use my phone in gym alot), Lumia is great looking but no hardware is really standing out to me, 32gb of memory would have been a great selling point.

Bring it on Samsung, i have feeling they are going to make us alll wowed, spec wise per usual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234