04-14-2012 02:48 AM
93 1234
tools
    it looks like they tightened up the spacing for the capacitive buttons for easier access...also hopefully the curved chin will improve microphone voice quality and ease of handling
    01-09-2012 07:48 PM
    I really like that chin. I wonder if it'll make it easier to use with one hand. I just read on WSB that it will have 16GB memory. Can't wait to hear the complaints about that. </s> :P

CES: The HTC Titan II, one of the first LTE Windows Phones, comes to AT&T
    Yeah 16 is the new 8
    01-09-2012 09:48 PM
    While it is nice to see new devices coming to the platform, it still stings just a little to know that HTC is already pushing out new phones when the one they just released still has bugs (yes, I know that this is the real world, and that is how this works), but isnt this just a little like what Apple did back in 07?

We all just burned a contract, either upgrade or new line, to get the latest and greatest, only to find it buggy, so we move on to an alternative, only to have something "new and improved" waved in front of us within a few weeks...the Titan on ATT isnt even 60 days old yet!

Granted, the Titan was available for a while before ATT released it, so there's that, but still...where is the support and fix for the OG Titan? Is the Titan II the remedy? The $600 off contract remedy? Are Titan owners going to be allowed to swap out their I's for II's?

My rant is really moot until this thing actually drops, I guess, so I will jump off my soapbox now...I guess I just needed to vent a little... :blush:
    01-09-2012 10:53 PM
    Maybe if every Titan owner causes a ruckus they'll allow a swap? I know how you feel, it's kind of what swayed me away from the iPhone. It was one thing when it first came out, but then when they started with yearly releases it gets tough to time when to future proof your phone for a while in comparison to their some of their other products with longer release cycles.
    01-10-2012 12:09 AM
    Too big.
    01-10-2012 04:26 AM
    Too big.
    Maybe for you. Certainly not for me.

My only complaint is the memory size. 16GB just doesn't work for me.
    01-10-2012 05:13 AM
    Is It just for U.S. or It will be available in Europe and Asia,too?what about Lumia 900?
    Last edited by cyrus_the_great; 01-10-2012 at 05:31 AM.
    01-10-2012 05:22 AM
    Maybe for you. Certainly not for me.
    There's nothing nice about having larger screened devices carrying the cutting-edge hardware, leaving those who prefer smaller devices in the dust.
    01-10-2012 07:13 AM
    There's nothing nice about having larger screened devices carrying the cutting-edge hardware, leaving those who prefer smaller devices in the dust.
    Actuall there is,and that's the larger screen itself.It's easier for me to do things on larger screens,but that's me,we're not the same after all!
    01-10-2012 08:15 AM
    My upgrade comes around right when these devices come out, but it might be smart to wait a few more months for the tango/apollo builds. Not because i want the next best technology because these are rather impressive for my uses (16MP camera), but I think WP will get ALOT more attention when windows 8 rolls around on PC's and then the manufacturers are going to start pumping out phones of different types and well all find the one we want.

Titan II is amazing, but I don't know if I want a phone that big (i've held titan, it feels great, but I use my phone in gym alot), Lumia is great looking but no hardware is really standing out to me, 32gb of memory would have been a great selling point.

Bring it on Samsung, i have feeling they are going to make us alll wowed, spec wise per usual.
    01-10-2012 08:23 AM
    I really want one of these, but I am scared of the quality. It seems there was a ton of issues with the original and I'd hate to have similar trouble with this one. I have an HD7s now with terrible call quality that has never been resolved so I'm a little gun shy of this phone. But I LOVE the 4.7" screen, I have 4.3" now and the 4.7" is so much better for me.

Anyone know how much thicker the II is than the original? I know it's been said tob e thicker, but how much?

I can also get the 900, but I really wanted the bigger screen. I have more faith in overall quality with the 900 though. Everything else is a non issue really around speed and cameras and such. Screen and battery life and then general quality of calls, sounds, that type of stuff matter to me and maybe the 900 is better there?

I get whatever for free so cost is not a problem - I just have to decide.
    01-10-2012 09:25 AM
    I love Titan, but to be honest, I'm really disappointed with Titan. I want more.
    As a flagship product, HTC needs to up their game.
    As good as TITAN is, I kind a feel it is outdated, looks kind a boring.
    I want a more beautiful design, full metal, fresh new design.
    I want 32 and 64 GB version
    I want better batteries

But I still love it...
    01-10-2012 10:37 AM
    for ppl (including me) deciding between this and the lumia 900, the itchiness will only increase as the release dates come closer. I think titan2 will release earlier than 900. I think so because Ralph de la Vega announced Titan2 as the FIRST LTE WP7 device.

Now, I'm not sure if this was called first because it was announced first, or its going to be released first. Again.. speculation..speculation.
    01-10-2012 10:50 AM
    Muffled voice?
    01-10-2012 02:14 PM
    You're in the new Titan 2 board Winterfang. :D
    I though this was the Titan board, lol silly me.
    01-10-2012 02:25 PM
    We'll let you off this time Winterfang. Just this once though. :D
    01-10-2012 02:28 PM
    Is It just for u.s. or not?lumia 900?
    01-10-2012 05:02 PM
    This is exactly why the 2 year contracts should be done away with and 1 year contracts should then have the 2 years price.
    snowmutt and Rocket_Girl like this.
    01-10-2012 05:37 PM
    This is exactly why the 2 year contracts should be done away with and 1 year contracts should then have the 2 years price.
    Carriers lose more money that way which is why they went away from them. I do wish they would bring 1 yr contracts back since they got rid of everything else at least give us those.
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-10-2012 05:50 PM
    First of all, I would love to see Titan owners get a little credit to get a Titan 2. As Rocket-girl said, least they can do for all their owners of the warm-up model.

Next, if you are not in a huge, major market, you will most likely not be on AT&Ts list for LTE in the next 12 months. So, why worry? If you have the Titan 1, you are not out much. Your camera is among the best out there already, and megapixel count means very little. If you haven't jumped on the Titan 1 (or Focus S) and you are in the existing LTE markets or you are in a major market, you have a LTE offering from both Samsung and Nokia coming. I would consider waiting. It may be worthwile to see the LTE offerings.
    01-10-2012 07:15 PM
    Carriers lose more money that way which is why they went away from them. I do wish they would bring 1 yr contracts back since they got rid of everything else at least give us those.
    I know that AT&T still does, the catch is they don't advertise it and it is only at corporate stores too. You do make a good point though.
    01-10-2012 10:12 PM
    I know that AT&T still does, the catch is they don't advertise it and it is only at corporate stores too. You do make a good point though.
    You can do it online if your registered email is part of a corporation that has a deal with AT&T. But that email may be different from other emails you use for AT%T's communication with you - ex: biilling statement etc. This linkage is just one time. And it runs forever.
    I know that because long time ago i was part of an organization that had a corporate deal with AT&T. Even now when i login to my AT&T account it says "XYZ Corp". And I can see a dropdown to select either 1 year contract deal or 2 year during upgrade.
    And last time I checked, THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE between the device prices for 1 year or 2 year contract renewal. Guess what? i will sign a 1 year upgrade and buy a 900 or Titan 2 for the same price.

Good luck to those of you who want to see if they are eligible.
    01-11-2012 09:33 AM
    First of all, I would love to see Titan owners get a little credit to get a Titan 2. As Rocket-girl said, least they can do for all their owners of the warm-up model.

Next, if you are not in a huge, major market, you will most likely not be on AT&Ts list for LTE in the next 12 months. So, why worry? If you have the Titan 1, you are not out much. Your camera is among the best out there already, and megapixel count means very little. If you haven't jumped on the Titan 1 (or Focus S) and you are in the existing LTE markets or you are in a major market, you have a LTE offering from both Samsung and Nokia coming. I would consider waiting. It may be worthwile to see the LTE offerings.
    And lets not forget, Titan 1 owners get that nice aluminum body while the Titan II has a plastic back. :)
    01-11-2012 09:44 AM
    I'm in the boat that thinks the Titan is just too big. For me at least, everything takes two hands and it seemed uncomfortable because the phone was so thin as well. I wonder if the extra thickness would make it more comfortable. I'm sure I'll check it out but my money's probably going to Nokia. I'm excited to see new phones coming out now as many people were worried the second gen Windows Phones were lackluster. 2012 just may be the year of WP!
    01-11-2012 11:28 AM
    And lets not forget, Titan 1 owners get that nice aluminum body while the Titan II has a plastic back. :)
    How are we sure the Titan II has a plastic back? Most people were adament the Titan I had a plastic back, too....
    01-11-2012 11:46 AM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD