AT&T Titan II Anyone ?

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Does you area have LTE already? If not then go ahead and get a Titan. They're basically the same phone. 16MP camera is huge... but so is an 8MP camera. And if you don't have LTE now, and you don't live in/near a big city, then you probably won't get LTE any time soon.

Well Im in jersey, while I dont have LTE I'm in NYC a lot who does have LTE. Thing is though, I am mostly always on wifi, and if not the HSPA+ speeds don't bother me at all for what I do on the phone. I also do not have unlimited data so I feel like I'll blow through 2 gigs extra fast with LTE =/. Decisions

EDIT- Titan II image gallery with the camera http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/9/2694518/htc-titan-ii-16-megapixel-sample-image-gallery#2828770

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
When does the Titan II actually come out?

AT&T LTE isn't available in my area yet, so the LTE isn't a big deal to me. The 16 megapixel camera looks nice though.

But instead of being upset that there's a new Titan, to me this just signals that the current Titan might end up being more affordable for people who want to get it.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
What do people put on their phones that 16gb is small :confused:

I've got 40 albums, 15 podcasts and two films on mine as well as a ton of photos and am using 8gb of storage. I wouldn't know what to do with 32gb :blush:

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah if it wasn't for my music being almost 10 gigs, I'd go for the flash since I would buy it off contract, and performance is identical to the Titan. Oh how I wish the flash was 16gigs and not 8.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
To everyone saying that HTC pulled an Android. So what's the time frame for them to work on new phones. I say they should be working on the Titan III already. If they didn't announce anything, people would say they have no faith in WP7. Sheesh, enjoy the phone you just got, it's still a great phone.

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Thing about WP is that they still support older devices like Apple. Android however, is not the case. I HATE how they blast phones to oblivion months after they are out. Droid 3 came out a couple months ago, Droid 4 is now leaked and Droid 3 is being pushed to not even being supported anymore.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
To everyone saying that HTC pulled an Android. So what's the time frame for them to work on new phones. I say they should be working on the Titan III already. If they didn't announce anything, people would say they have no faith in WP7. Sheesh, enjoy the phone you just got, it's still a great phone.
Considering HTC produced 20 Android phones in 2011 alone, I'd say they've probably got the Titan 3 and 4 lined up already :p

I'll not argue with those with loads of music over phone sizes, the same debate has been around since the iPod and just comes down to people not wanting to choose music to bring with them which is fair enough.

My own music folder totals about 20gb but there's no way I'd want or need to bring it all with me, where am I going to get the time or battery life to listen to 5.5 days of music? I tend to sync stuff once a week, usually newer albums and old favourites and have never wanted something I didn't have with me.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope this causes the price for the Titan I to drop. My 3GS is starting to fail me, so I might be picking up a Titan soon. I have no need for LTE as my country doesn't offer it, and I rarely use the camera.

I do hope they wait a little before releasing the next flagship model (til Apollo is released at least).

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, we were talking about the need of such large storage device. Someone made the point that they load TV/Movie episodes on their phone for their daily commute. I can see why people need large storage. As for me, I haven't filled my 8G Focus up yet. With Spotify, I don't even put music on my phone anymore.
Considering HTC produced 20 Android phones in 2011 alone, I'd say they've probably got the Titan 3 and 4 lined up already :p

I'll not argue with those with loads of music over phone sizes, the same debate has been around since the iPod and just comes down to people not wanting to choose music to bring with them which is fair enough.

My own music folder totals about 20gb but there's no way I'd want or need to bring it all with me, where am I going to get the time or battery life to listen to 5.5 days of music? I tend to sync stuff once a week, usually newer albums and old favourites and have never wanted something I didn't have with me.

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
apps like spotify, and pandora waste my data so I can't rely on them to stream music every time Im in the car. I'd go through my 2 gigs in a week if not faster.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
The more I read about these newer devices the more happy I am that I have a Focus.

I'm starting to think the best thing to do with smartphones is to upgrade when you can, sell the upgrade, and buy a last gen phone for half the price and pocket the rest of the money. Usually the last gen phones are sufficient enough and have plenty of support and cheap accessories.

When I'm due to upgrade around Thanksgiving, I'll probably get something like the Nokia 900 (or whatever is current at the time) for a penny and sell the thing on Ebay for $500 and buy a Focus S for like, $150 or $200.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm very happy about this phone, Oh man if something like this comes to T-mobile I'll be all over it.

Hugeeeee screen, hugeeeeee camera, hugeeeee speed. Titan all around brother.

Edit: Also I'm in shock that this phone leak ago that early. ( Remember the HTC bresson? )

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, we were talking about the need of such large storage device. Someone made the point that they load TV/Movie episodes on their phone for their daily commute. I can see why people need large storage. As for me, I haven't filled my 8G Focus up yet. With Spotify, I don't even put music on my phone anymore.

Yep that was me =)

TV Shows and Movies add up.

Not to mention pictures with a 16(!!!!!) Megapixel camera

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo