Release Date Speculation

SouthpawJosh

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
From CES and the press release we heard "in the coming months". Online speculation ranges anywhere from Q1 2012 to Q4 2012 and all months in-between. Some have said that Mango isn't ready for LTE yet, so until an update for the OS is released, the TITAN II is on hold. I have a friend with an original Focus but is a big advocate for WP that says Mango can certainly handle LTE.

Seems like a lot of contradiction and speculation abound. Does anyone here feel like it will be earlier rather than later? Later rather than earlier? Summer 2012? That doesn't make much sense, as AT&T will have the rumored iPhone5 between June-September.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I would think earlier rather than later.

If I heard correctly, AT&T said that the Titan would be the first LTE Windows Phone. So that puts it before the Lumia 900. (not that we know the release date of that either)

Belfiore mentioned that WP and Windows would be talked about as a "family" late this year. I believe he said late Fall, but I'm nott positive. But that comment leads me to believe that he's talking about Windows 8 with Windows Phone 8.

So, if WP8 is releasing in late fall to early winter, then I doubt that the Titan II or Lumia 900 will release near that time. They'll want to give it a few months to sell. Especially if the Lumia 900 is considered a "hero" phone.

So that leads me to believe that the 900 is destined for 2nd quarter. Thus making the Titan II 2nd quarter at the latest. My guess is March/April.

myanimator

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
The news today is that the 900 is being released in March, so that may mean the Titan will release at the same time or slightly ahead of the 900.

Nokia Developer Newsletter confirms Nokia Lumia 900 March release | WMPoweruser

That is of course a bit annoying since a lot of us just bought Titans in Nov/Dec w/ the big deals the MS and AT&T stores had on them. Oh well, there will be perhaps something better in Nov/Dec this year anyhow :)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yup. Although I bought a Titan, I really only saw it as a holdover until I get a Nokia with WP8. So the Titan II (more like 1.5 or Titan S) coming out doesn't upset me.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The news today is that the 900 is being released in March, so that may mean the Titan will release at the same time or slightly ahead of the 900.

Nokia Developer Newsletter confirms Nokia Lumia 900 March release | WMPoweruser

That is of course a bit annoying since a lot of us just bought Titans in Nov/Dec w/ the big deals the MS and AT&T stores had on them. Oh well, there will be perhaps something better in Nov/Dec this year anyhow :)

Well its not like there weren't rumors of the Ace for early 2012 and once ATT said that the Titan II aka Radiant was to be the first LTE WP released I was assuming earlier in March than the 900 with it coming supposedly on the 18th maybe the TITAN II will be a week earlier. I am glad I was able to resist the focus s and the Titan suspect that I will get the 900 but I will checkj the TRitan out as well. I am hoping that samsung will out the Mendel at WMC next month. I would like to see all three before making a choice.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone looked at the LTE coverage for ATT? No idea what the push for LTE is. 26 cities are covered. Yeah, if you live in one, why not get one. Otherwise, wait another 3 years till its a bit more widespread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte