Has it launched?

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
These launches from ATT have a lot to be desired.

I'm trying to be nice here lol, but man I would like a hard date on the Titan II also.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
If I remember correctly, the first titan had a sort of unofficial launch date, but it just kind of trickled out over the next few weeks after that

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i'm getting extremely upset personally. I have been waiting to use my upgrade for so long and the 18th was the date I was hoping for. My focus is starting to go bonkers on me and things aren't working well. I really could use the bigger processor, screen, and better camera asap and the fact that there is no date makes me want to just get the original titan off ebay and wait for apollo.

In my humble opinion as a massive windows phone and Microsoft fan is this is an epic fail ont their part. They needed to either launch or give a solid date to build hype around all the money they plan to spend marketing. I'm getting the impression windows 8 is the big priority and I am okay with that, but just communicate at least.

I put most blame on the carriers (AT&T) for having such a terrible infrastructure to launch a device properly.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah AT&T is doing a terrible job about the way they handle the release of both the Titan II and Lumia 900. People need a date to look forward too or they will get fed up and stop waiting. There are plenty of good phones out there and the longer they wait to tell people release dates the more likely they will move on and buy one of the many good phones already out on the market.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You nailed it on the head for me. Im not gonna lie the galaxy note, and those new HTC one x phones are tempting. Almost completely because I have no idea when I can have a new WP. If there was a date I'd be smitten.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
This phone must not be ready for prime time. Perhaps the delay is who knows maybe Call Voice quality issues, random power cycling etc... Asian Technology at it's best.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well the 900 only recently passed BT certification as in last week. The Samsung Mandel which was announced at CES only recently showed up up at the FCC I think that was the week before. I am thinking that they will all be released at the same time either Easter or two weeks later!

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
at this rate i'm assuming april 22nd or later, the main reason i'm annoyed is I want & need a new phone, but the longer they wait, the longer I feel I should wait for apollo. I am using my upgrade now and will figure out apollow then though. It's getting hard to stick to my grits on this though, i'm sure I am not alone in that thinking.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Neibel you are absolutely not alone in that thought. For me, with the HTC One X and Galaxy S III coming out within the next few months I'll have to refrain from buying one of those monstrous phones.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
That is indeed something that more and more people will have to think about and Nokia and WP run the risk of dulling the response to the 3 7.5.1 gen phones in the wings the Mandel the 900 and the Titan II.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I want this phone to just drop already. Between the camera and LTE, I might be in love. Titan 1 was great except for the network. Titan 2 should help. Maybe they might even address the call quality issue. We can only hope. Really looking forward to this.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I bet AT&T is waiting until 30 days after the 1 cent Titan I sale ended, so there won't be a flood of exchanges for the Titan II. When did the 1 cent sale end?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmm maybe, now that the lumia 900 release date is out though, the race is on for me. I said earlier this month to my friend that which ever phone comes out first will get my purchase. I like both so much that it is hard to distinguish. If Titan II ends up coming out the same day however, then I might lean towards that screen size and camera of the HTC device, I can't know till I hold a demo device for sure though.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Didn't AT&T state that the Titan II would be the first LTE Windows Phone out? Let's hope so. I like what I'm seeing of the Lumia, but I'm a real HTC fan...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett