Camera Shootout: HTC Titan II vs. Nokia Lumia 900

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not much of a picture taker, but that is possibly because the photos I take with my current phone (hd7s) seem blurry and washed out, much like the Nokia photos in the article. If I can get results like they did with the Titan 2 when I get it I'll be thrilled!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not much of a picture taker, but that is possibly because the photos I take with my current phone (hd7s) seem blurry and washed out, much like the Nokia photos in the article. If I can get results like they did with the Titan 2 when I get it I'll be thrilled!

The Titan II pretty much uses the same camera tech as the original Titan. Check out some of the pictures from the Titan forum.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/titan/183593-5.htm

jawesome

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
i don't agree with the verdict on the first photo, but overall I hve to say the TII is better.
I think the takeaway from the first photo is that "Despite repeated attempts, the Lumia 900 kept focusing on the background." They attempted to focus on the branch and couldn't get to Lumia 900 to. I'm sure your issue with the TII's picture is the blurred background, but in my opinion gives the impression of a more professional shot where the photographer manually set the aperture to achieve that look. I'm sure the TII could of focused on the buildings in the back if he used tap to focus, if that's what you would have preferred for the shot. The point is with the 900 they couldn't focus on the branches at all while the Titan II let them focus on what they wanted. And no doubt the color and detail is superior on the TII's pic.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I was very worried the T2 might actually take worse pictures than the original and take away from maybe the strongest selling point of HTC's flagship WP. I am glad to see it is still a strong camera. Hopefully, all the bugs that has haunted the first Titan are gone. What a great LTE Monster this could be....

Zaisaroni

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Do we know if the T2 is just squeezing more pixels from the same sensor in the T1?

I have been very impressed with the quality of the T1 images in the two weeks I have had one.

jawesome

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Do we know if the T2 is just squeezing more pixels from the same sensor in the T1?

I have been very impressed with the quality of the T1 images in the two weeks I have had one.

I dont think it's the exact same. I believe the TII has a f2.6 aperture and the original is f2.2. It definitely produces sharper images because of those extra MPs. There are also new camera modes and software improvements. I think this camera will be a pretty decent upgrade to the Titan's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6