New Titan, Couple of Issues

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Picked up my the Tian II today and I immedialty noticed a couple of quirks.

When I begin typing on the keyboard there is a delay in the first character appearing. There is also a delay in sound too. Theis issue is driving me nuts. It would be enough for me to exchange the phone. I have completely powered down the device but it didn't help.

This is my first HTC device. Anyone else have this type of problem?

Is it possible I just got a lemon?

I get a little stuttering when opening up office documents. Sometimes a stuttering switching between screens. My Focus is 18 months old and I never had any problems at all.

Also, this is not a deal breaker for me but the speaker phone during playback on visual voicemail is really low.

I welcome any feedback.

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
All same with me too. I'm sure it'll be fixed when Tango comes to both the Titan 2 and Lumia 900.

So far I've had more trouble with the Lumia than the Titan 2, so stay with it and in about a month I'm sure the problems will be fixed. :)

Last edited:

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Also to add, when you plug in ear buds, the first character keyboard delay goes away. When you take out the ear buds though, it comes back. Weird...

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
HTC phones are buggy as h.ell and it takes months of complaining for them to acknowledged their phone have issues. Thankfully my LG Optimus 7 is almost bug free but I really wish better speeds, screen and camera =(.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I really like HTC, and the L900 is my first departure from an HTC device in about 8 years. With that said, don't hold your breath expecting HTC to fix any kind of bugs in a month, or three, or maybe even six. They push out relatively good devices and then move on to the next. Plain and simple.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Lumia 900..The 1st letter I type is always a split second slow....then all the other letters are fine...I thought it was just me.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to think all the sound problems we Titan/Titan II/Focus S/900 owners are having is a Mango problem.

kiramon

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Turning off sound enhancer doesn't -- however, turning off the sound on key press should fix it.

It fixed it for me. I believe it lags the appearance of the first letter because it has to run the sound file for the press -- hence why removing the press fixes it (at least for me).

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Turning off sound enhancer doesn't -- however, turning off the sound on key press should fix it.

It fixed it for me. I believe it lags the appearance of the first letter because it has to run the sound file for the press -- hence why removing the press fixes it (at least for me).

I just adjusted my settings and it appears to have resolved this issue for me. Thanks for the tip.

At least now I know it's not a phone issue but rather a software one.

kiramon

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
NP -- i only figured it out because you mentioned the headphone thing, so I knew it had something to do with that -- so then I tried silent mode -- and from there I remembered the ability to turn off keypress sounds :p.

So you actually figured it out. ;)

wbutler77

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Front Camera issues

Hi all,

I have just purchased the Titan II and along with these issues I have found that my front camera has green lines running down the screen.

The place where I bought it said this can be fixed with a software update??

Any experience with this?

Thanks,
Wes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills