What a piece of Gumdrops! it just bricked on me. Screen started getting all blocky with graphics all over the place so I powered it off and it won't come back on. Anyone know how to do a hard reset on this?

If I hold down the power button, it vibrates once, then in 5 seconds vibrates 5 times quickly. no display, no nothing.

I tried to follow the reset for the original Titan, but no luck. of course you can't remove the battery so I'm just hosed.

LAME!
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 04-20-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Pleas do not try to beet the curse filter.
    04-20-2012 08:45 AM
    Sounds like a hardware issue...I'd go exchange it at the store
    04-20-2012 08:53 AM
    and, here's a link to the manual which has instructions for doing a reset using phone buttons

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=4A1eBaKI
    Pocket PC likes this.
    04-20-2012 08:55 AM
    Finally got it reset Thanks!

Any way to restore it to the previous name? It came up as "Radiant" in Zune. I'd like to get pictures, music, etc restored if at all possible
    04-20-2012 09:39 AM
    Finally got it reset Thanks!

Any way to restore it to the previous name? It came up as "Radiant" in Zune. I'd like to get pictures, music, etc restored if at all possible
    You can change the name in Zune under Settings.
    04-20-2012 01:07 PM
    Here is what I did when I got a new phone:

I opened Zune and went to settings first (before connecting the new phone)

Under Sync Options I went to Forget this device to forget the old one

went to whatever folder I had my pictures in, copied those (would be "From N-Phone" with Camera Roll and Saved Folders)

Deleted that folder

Resynched.

Copied those folders back into the newly made 'From N-Phone' folder replacing the empty Camera Roll and Saved Pictures with mine.

Tada.

That's what I did to make it exactly the same... lol
    Pocket PC likes this.
    04-20-2012 01:11 PM
    Thanks, Guys. Unfortunately, after spending 3+ hours resroting all the data and apps to my phone this morning, it worked all day and bricked again this evening.

I was using IE to surf the forums at my350z.com which has tons of data on the page and while scrolling, it got blocky again and then just went *poof*. Won't turn back on or anything.

I realize that's a lot of work for a phone, but this mode of failure is ridiculous. I bought it on 4/11 so it barely lasted a week.

Back to AT&T store tomorrow. I'll ask to exchange it for a new one over the counter. If they refuse, I'll just return it altogether. My Original Focus i917 works just fine and seems to be faster and more responsive that the Titan II. Maybe I'll try a Lumia 900, I dont know... :@
    04-20-2012 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD