Titan II random rebooting

marcbollinger

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
So, I traded in the lumia 900 for the titan II... Best decision I've made if you ask me.

However, I have this really strange issue where the phone will reboot itself randomly about 7 to 8 times a day. Sometimes it is when I am using it and others when it is just sitting on my desk and not being touched.

I've tried restoring to factory and even going without installing any apps or accounts and it still does it.

I'm thinking my only option it to take it back to at&t and hope they believe me when I say it is defective. It is difficult to predict when it will in fact reboot.

I've made sure the back cover is on securely and that the sim card is firmly in place.

Any suggestions?

ioannisgk

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
When i had the random reboots, i have noticed that they happened ONLY if i had my phone in my pocket UPSIDE DOWN. If i had the phone in my pocket the way i hold it when talking (microphone down, speaker up), the reboots did not happen.

Hope this helps.

Also, if you have Skydrive installed, uninstall it for a couple of days.

Pocket PC

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You need to try returning it. Definitely not normal. BTW, why did you trade the 900 in? Just curious if you can compare and contrast the two phones a bit.

marcbollinger

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for taking forever to respond to this thread - didn't get notified for some reason.

So, I haven't had many reboots lately.. maybe once a week (gets stuck on the AT&T logo on bootup and the phone is very hot).

Why I traded the Lumia in for the Titan II:

1) The Nokia did not work well with my Bose in-ear headphones with the mic/clicker. It would not respond to the clicker unless the phone was unlocked. This is a big deal for me because A) I love my Bose in-ear headphones, B) I use the clicker all the time when walking around Chicago all day.

2) The Nokia camera was absolutely horrible for me - I took a night shot of the Chicago river with the Nokia, iPod touch, and previous gen Titan 1. The Nokia image was terrible blurry while the other two came out just as I expected.

3) I didn't like the position of the sleep/wake button on the right side - I probably could have gotten used to it if it were above the volume rocker, but being semi in the middle.. it was pretty awkward.

4) The Nokia is the same size as the Titan 2, but less screen real estate - Windows Phone looks amazing on the 4.7"

Now, what I miss the most about the Nokia was the screen itself - the ClearBlack technology is amazing.. colors were vibrant and the blacks were deep black.

Out of the things I mentioned above, #1 was the biggest problem for me.. hard to go to a phone that makes you have to switch your earphones.. and even then, only one pair works with the Lumia while locked.. and those are the Nokia headphones.

Marc

Lucky7Phone

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't get random reboots but I do get an issue when sometimes I turn on the phone, I get a screen that shows a pic of a phone connecting to a computer and it stays there. I can't turn it off and on again with the power button and i can't even reset the phone by taking off the sim card cover. however, it does restart itself eventually but it's annoying.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
@lucky I would take back your phone. Your phone shouldn't do this?

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

MrDiamondJ

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely take the phone back, and if AT&T doesn't take it back then send it to HTC. I had the same type of issue with my HTC Surround. It would reboot constantly, and the back of the phone - the area over the MicroSD card in particular - would get really hot. It was a hardware issue.

I sent it in to HTC for a warranty repair three months back, and I haven't had an issue since. It's not normal, that's for sure.

juvenchan

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh no,
I just got my Titan 2 (last week) from the Windows phone challenge

yesterday : reboot 1time
Today: 5-6 times already.. (in 10hours)

Should I bring it to windows store and ask for a replacement or contact HTC?

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow seems that things never change with HTC. To bad people are falling for HTC time and time again. Your better off with an Samsung or Nokia if your willing to do a contract. What I did when I returned my Titan I (all three of them in in the first 30days) I got the Dell Venue Pro (outright purchase on NewEgg for $219) and went with StraighTtalk. I know the phone model is older but Dell is still supporting mine till March of next year so I am good there. My phone is working well the only thing is that Compass is not functioning because of the update to 7720 when I updated after the phone arrived. I still get directions and GPS is working just won't show compass and Dell simply abandoned this phone in the middle of the game and my understanding is that Compass can get fixed with a simple registry change but no one seems to know how to do it because Dell has this phone so secure. SO to me it was a no brainer...
Dell Venue Pro + StraightTalk (no contract) + no issues except for Compass + decent Call Quality = happy with it.
Titan (first one as that is what I had experience with) + AT&T (contract) + Random power cycle + Lack of Call Quality = Very embaressing to have this phone because of the latter two items.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
should i bring it back to Microsoft store? or contact HTC?

Bring it back where you got it. If that doesn't work contact HTC. Don't wait, if you wait too long you will be possibly outside of your warranty...

The process will probably take less than 5 minutes if there is no water damage, or could take a little longer. If that doesn't work then try HTC.

Always go to the place you got it first :)

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
also it could be something to do with a defective back cover, if it is loose (the removal part on the back bottom) then if you remove it your phone will turn off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion