Swapped my Lumia for a Titan II

nlocurto

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey there all,

This weekend I started having issues with my capacitive buttons on my Lumia 900. I swapped out my Lumia for an HTC Titan II this morning.

I had a Titan I but had issues with the call quality. Really like the feel of the Titan II. Hopefully I have a better experience with the Titan II over the Lumia.

..Gromet

reelon

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For me it has been a great change. Really no issues at all with the titan II. I guess the only thing that would like is a better resolution display.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I keep trying to give HTC the benefit of the doubt, but their commitment to their WP devices post sale is flaky. It looks like we won't know until Tango is released to see if HTC releases a firmware update for the Titan I. And it appears that the Titan I fiasco has caused many people to shy away from the Titan II and go for the Lumia 900, which is apparently far more problematic.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I keep trying to give HTC the benefit of the doubt, but their commitment to their WP devices post sale is flaky. It looks like we won't know until Tango is released to see if HTC releases a firmware update for the Titan I. And it appears that the Titan I fiasco has caused many people to shy away from the Titan II and go for the Lumia 900, which is apparently far more problematic.

i'm on the same boat, my experience with 5-6 random reboots a day with very very bad call quality and 2-3 dropped calls a day....that was the main reason i didn't trade in my Lumia and mind you i've been through 5 Lumias lol

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i'm on the same boat, my experience with 5-6 random reboots a day with very very bad call quality and 2-3 dropped calls a day....that was the main reason i didn't trade in my Lumia and mind you i've been through 5 Lumias lol

5 900's??! What is going on?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

nlocurto

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
So far I'm VERY happy with the switch. The hardware has a really nice build quality. It feels really good in the hand. I actually prefer the titan 2's screen as the colors seem much more natural then the lumia's.

No connection issues.
All the buttons work.
Sound is really nice.
Love the screen.
Buttons work.
phone charges as soon as its plugged in.
Connections have been solid.
seems snappier.
scrolls better then the Lumia.
CamEra is night and day better then the lumia.

I actually prefer the look of the titan over the lumia as well.

Also the titans price dropped to $149.99. So it was only a fifty dollar difference over the Lumia.

I'm very HAPPY!!!

..Gromet

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
so far i'm very happy with the switch. The hardware has a really nice build quality. It feels really good in the hand. I actually prefer the titan 2's screen as the colors seem much more natural then the lumia's.

No connection issues.
All the buttons work.
Sound is really nice.
Love the screen.
Buttons work.
Phone charges as soon as its plugged in.
Connections have been solid.
Seems snappier.
Scrolls better then the lumia.
Camera is night and day better then the lumia.

I actually prefer the look of the titan over the lumia as well.

Also the titans price dropped to $149.99. So it was only a fifty dollar difference over the lumia.

I'm very happy!!!

..gromet
i love mine... It's a beast!!!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for asking a dumb question, does the titan 2 have an LTE radio?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Tikerz

May 31, 2011
Visit site

Sweet! You might get 5x $100 credits on your AT&T bill!

Tikerz

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I had the Lumia 900 at first. Maybe it's just me but I don't really see what is so special about the Lumia 900 design and build. This design on the Lumia 800 works great, but to blow it up into 900 just looks weird. The camera is horrible on the 900. Also I couldn't get used to where the power button was. I was always hitting the volume down button.

I returned the Lumia and got the Titan 2 just love it. The screen is great IMO. Don't miss AMOLED at all. LOVE the curved glass at the bottom. The camera rocks and I haven't had any problems with the hardware. It's a very solid phone. Glad I made the switch.

nlocurto

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's just me but I don't really see what is so special about the Lumia 900 design and build.

I agree. I just couldn't see what all the hype about the design was. It just looked like a black rectangle to me... I'm not knocking the Lumia, I just didn't see what was so special about it's looks. From day one the Titans design looked nicer to me.

..Gromet

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I swapped my Lumia for the Titan II today. After trying three different Lumias, and having numerous issues, I finally had enough. The last Lumia started having issues with charging and draining the battery. The first one continued to have data connection issues even after the firmware update. The second one had rattling and camera button issues.

I had the original Titan and did not have any sinificant issues. Hopefully I will have the same luck with the Titan II.

h11wiscan

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 900 and a Titan 2. They are both solid phones. I have to give the nod to the Lumia 900 though. I had a few reception issues with the Titan 2, and the screen is just flat out sad. Especially next to the Lumia 900's. The Titan 2's camera is INSANE though. Absolutely love it. It destroys the Lumia 900's camera with ease in almost every picture taking scenario.

Im not a avid photographer or one of those people who takes pictures of literally everything, IE: every meal I have :p

The Titan 2 is a solid phone though. However I haven't experienced any of the problems that people faced with the L900 so I have to give the nod to the L900. Plus I feel like HTC hasnt done ANYTHING to push the Titan 2, and Nokia is heavily supporting the Lumia 900.

Like I said both phones are GREAT, just the Titan 2 is more of a niche phone to a more limited market, (with the camera being the main selling point in my opinion).

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Posted a few times about this already but my Lumia 900's battery died and I went to charge it and it won't take a charge. Just cycles through a white screen and a battery icon while plugged in.

It's bricked and apparently this is a big issue. I have done some searching and it's not un-common for this to happen sadly.

Returning my Lumia 900 later today and I was leaning toward the Focus 2 but after reading this board I think I am going to go with the Titan 2.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Its official! I got my Titan 2!

So far so good. I have already tried WiFi and a few other things people have said they were having problems with on the T2. Mine so far is doing good! *knocks on wood*

The HTC flashlight app (NO ADS!!!) and the panorama shot are worth it already. Glad I went with the T2.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Its official! I got my Titan 2!

So far so good. I have already tried WiFi and a few other things people have said they were having problems with on the T2. Mine so far is doing good! *knocks on wood*

The HTC flashlight app (NO ADS!!!) and the panorama shot are worth it already. Glad I went with the T2.

Glad you're enjoying the new device! Please don't condition the battery on this one... Read my post in your other thread about your bricked 900 to see why.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying the new device! Please don't condition the battery on this one... Read my post in your other thread about your bricked 900 to see why.

I did, and I replied.

However I think I figured out what was wrong with the L900. Or at least MY L900....

So if you notice, the L900 takes a few seconds to recongize something is plugged into the mini USB port. I know that this happens on all L900's. It literally takes about 10 seconds before it will start charging or syncing with zune... etc.

THAT is the problem. When the battery is completely dead, and you plug it in, it tries to star the phone (white screen) then it realizes the battery is too dead to boot the OS (shows the battery status icon). The phone turns completely off (that is what NOKIA needs to FIX!) and it starts the whole cycle again.

Phones need to know whats plugged into it reletively fast otherwise it will try to boot the OS from a dead battery then realize it can't. That should be able to be fixed with a software update and hopefully Nokia does that.

They lost a customer because of it and I think I would easily consider the next Nokia device if they do in fact fix that issue.

Now I did say that when I used the Nokia provided power supply it did end up charging up. I think that's because the higher wattage is recognized faster by the device. They need a software fix for lower wattage chargers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos