HTC Connection Setup App for Titan II

bofett

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Here is the reply I received today...

"Hi Christian, thank you for contacting HTC. It’s never good when the MMS is not working properly, and I would be happy to assist with this matter. Right now our Application that can be downloaded from the Marketplace called Connection Setup is under maintenance but as soon as this application is back up and running it should resolve the MMS issue."

Lucky7Phone

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Here is the reply I received today...

"Hi Christian, thank you for contacting HTC. It?s never good when the MMS is not working properly, and I would be happy to assist with this matter. Right now our Application that can be downloaded from the Marketplace called Connection Setup is under maintenance but as soon as this application is back up and running it should resolve the MMS issue."

I guess they are updating the app?

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
TITAN 2 MMS Settings probably due to exclusivity

I'm not sure anyone had/has suggested this.

I've read that the titan 2 has exclusivity so only at&t network is supported for now. That makes the most sense. Also you can use your email to send mms and your at&t email to receive. I do that at times and it works.

You can google at&t mms email settings

This was the same for original titan. There was an update to the connection settings app that cleaned it up. So maybe another 2 months. 6 months from april but i could be wrong. At&t, HTC can't say that even though they know. The titan2 is exclusive and unless you get the European version which i don't think supports at&t 4G, you have to be patient.

Good luck.

bofett

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
My reply to their response was asking if there is a time-frame for the update. I received this today...

"...We are working on a fix for the application and will have the updated version on the marketplace as soon as possible. As of right now there is no ETA when it will be updated."

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure anyone had/has suggested this.

I've read that the titan 2 has exclusivity so only at&t network is supported for now. That makes the most sense. Also you can use your email to send mms and your at&t email to receive. I do that at times and it works.

You can google at&t mms email settings

This was the same for original titan. There was an update to the connection settings app that cleaned it up. So maybe another 2 months. 6 months from april but i could be wrong. At&t, HTC can't say that even though they know. The titan2 is exclusive and unless you get the European version which i don't think supports at&t 4G, you have to be patient.

Good luck.

sold exclusively by ATT, but certainly not exclusive to them as a service provider. Also, your suggestion doesn't work if we are on Straight Talk.

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
titan

sold exclusively by ATT, but certainly not exclusive to them as a service provider. Also, your suggestion doesn't work if we are on Straight Talk.

I checked and looks like straight tak does have mms email. Not sure how reliable it works. I'm sure that the infastructure is similiar between wireless providers.

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

The titan2 with the at&t 4G bands is running at&t firmware. The firmware is what determines exclusivity. I am sure that at&t has (roaming) agreements that can enable services on other compatible networks. I'm sure the only reason apn settings are available is to support these features.

I checked straight talk email settings. They exist not sure how reliable they are.

Because the original titan exhibited similar behavior its a simple (maybe wrong) assumption.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the firmware does not determine or guarnatee exclusivity with a certain provider. It just provides proprietary enhancements for the carrier who requested it. It certainly has nothing to do with the APN settings. HTC is at fault for not providing the APN settings....and the amount of time it has taken them to provide this update is beyond ridiculous....it shows they aren't working on it at all. If they provided a registry edit facility like LG or Dell we could just do this ourselves.

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
still think its exclusivity

the firmware does not determine or guarnatee exclusivity with a certain provider. It just provides proprietary enhancements for the carrier who requested it. It certainly has nothing to do with the APN settings. HTC is at fault for not providing the APN settings....and the amount of time it has taken them to provide this update is beyond ridiculous....it shows they aren't working on it at all. If they provided a registry edit facility like LG or Dell we could just do this ourselves.

I have a difficult time understanding HTC's motivation for making the at&t version of the titan2 so difficult to use on other carriers. I've read, the titan2 fixed h/w issues with the original titan design and added 4G, and a better camera. Are you thinking no updates at all? No tango update, no 7.8, etc.

The dell phone you mentioned is unlocked and unbranded. I owned the LG e900 (Vodafone) unlocked and i received all the updates: mango, disappearing keyboard, tethering, etc. But Microsoft did not support open market phones well. People complained that open market phones were not getting timely updates.

If October comes and goes then i will rethink this. Titan2 was released in April right? With htc having issues i can see resources being pulled from away from any titan support/development. I do wonder why nokia phones are getting tango and no word on titan2 tango availability. I guess that leaky ftp server has been removed.

With original titan bootloader unlocked, not too much longer for titan2. Only a few months seperate the titan and titan2

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I too have just moved to Straight Talk and am unable to get MMS of course. After the issues HTC has had getting us timely updates this will be my last HTC phone. Not worth the hassle so I'm moving on to Nokia when they come out with something compelling to replace my Titan II. I had an HD7s before this and an HTC Tilt II, plus an original Tilt before that! Sorry HTC it's just not worth it to me at this point.

Maybe Samsung, but overall I'm looking for Nokia. Even if the MMS/connection issues remain the others will at least issue SOME updates lol!

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Connection Setup is back, but it is the same version. I uninstalled the one I had and have been trying to install the one on the marketplace but it will not install. Therefore, I can't see if anything has changed.

Edit: Restarted phone and it installed. Nothing has changed for the Titan II. Still is a worthless piece of...

Last edited:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
anyone seen an update for this? I dont have an HTC to check but I have friends who have one and need the update to support ST.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077