ATT Titan II updated to 7.8

dougswan#WN

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Just did my upgrade using the Seveneighter tool. Went great...but now my editor for email and messaging will not launch. Everything else works great...so long as I don't have to reply to a message or email:angry:. Any thoughts?

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Im doing it right now and uhhh... wow. I have never actually seen the WP7 update screen on my phone. I kind of wanted to get an HTC 8x because its lighter, but seeing as the only wp phones that get updates are Lumias I feel like I dont have much a choice. Thanks for the info! Hope it actually works!

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I cant seem to sent voice notes in my messages. I can try to record them, but when i listen to them there is no sound. Anyone else notice that?

shailender77

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys!!!

You rock! It worked perfectly well with my HTC Titan II Universal Unlocked at&t, that I use in India. Awesome!!! I now have wp7.8 (OS 7.10.8858.136) updated. I am really not sure why HTC or at&t are not releasing the update to such a brilliant phone from HTC.
I believe HTC Titan II is the only handset which can give a tough fight to Lumia 920.

Thanks again!!!

prateek.nair

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Even i am planning to use this tool to update Titan 2. Just wanted to know a few things.

Which functions are not working on 7.8 ?

Can we revert back to the original firmware?

Thanks

Last edited:

Depauville Kid

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The only problem I noticed was the "related" tab error in app marketplace as noted earlier in this thread. That error must have been on Microsoft's end as it has been resolved. Now, when looking at an app in the store, I can swipe to the side and see the related apps just fine.

I am not getting the voicemail issue someone else mentioned either. My voicemail and visual voicemail work like they should. I've been using the update for a couple of weeks now and not a single error of any kind. Everything works flawless as it should.

lammiboy

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
It seems as if I've hit a road block. The Seven-Eighter application keeps getting stuck on 'Installing Updates: Completed in 6.04 seconds'.
EDIT: It now says "Update device, 9561378c - 1aeccfd3...........Complete with error code: 80070013"

Last edited:

Hu Tu

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
it worked for me , thank you . Can anybody point me to 7.8 guide or something. I want to know list of new things I can do with 7.8

Robert Cabrera1

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Tried updating my tiant2 everything you said to download I did, but every time I run the seven eighter Program it says I need to install the wp7 tool so I do. But for some reason it doesn't recognize it and says I need to download load it again and again and again. I have read all the post and tried all the suggestion, and still can't figure out what the problem is. Any help would be useful. Thanks
Robert in America. Las Vegas , NV

Rolls728

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I have successfully updated my Titan 2 to WindowsPhone 7.8 version 7.10.8862.144. Thank you very much for this very useful thread. My Titan 2 has a new life again.. No problems were encountered during the updating process.

ioannisgk

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have successfully updated my Titan 2 to WindowsPhone 7.8 version 7.10.8862.144. Thank you very much for this very useful thread. My Titan 2 has a new life again.. No problems were encountered during the updating process.

How did you update to 8862? SevenEighter does 8858, is that right?

helltom9

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello from Slovenia!
I own HTC Titan II, bought in China, with american network AT&T, great phone, but I done a big mistake. I used to update Seven-Eighter app, everything went great, but at the end send me an error - I tried again and again, but all the time send me an error. Than I tried update with unmarked languagues, Seven-Eighter app updated to the end successfully (mistake!!!), but Wi-Fi option disabled, I cannot open messages and a lot of other features don't work.
Downgrade with Zune didn't work for troubleshooting above errors. Current phone software version: 7.10 (8783)
What should I do now? Comments please.

Last edited:

Pradeep Kumar6

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hai bro

I am also using the same htc titan 2 at&t unlocked version

I need a step by step instruction Because i have some confusion in the instruction that gave here

Please send it through PM

Awaiting for your reply

Last edited by a moderator:

mahidhar12

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am also using the titan 2 at&t unlocked phone in india, can you please guide me in uploading to the windows latest version, i like to know do we need to take back up of the contacts, will they be wiped out ? any data that will get wiped out.. pls. guide.

Thanks in advance.

mahidhar12

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have downloaded from WPhacker website the software (zip file), how ever I am not able to open the file, when I click on the SevenEighter.exe file I am getting a message as opening this type of file is harmful and nothing is happening after that? please can you guide what needs to be done after downloading the zip file.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786