My next device who's with me

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
gonna wait to see what samsung and nokia have to offer. but i like what im seeing here. my only real concern is the battery life. the big screen takes a lot of juice to run.

anexanhume

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If it has a good camera sensor, I just might go for it. I want a big phone.

The rep on the video on engadget made a point to talk about the camera having a bigger sensor than previous devices, so it seems like they've tried to improve that metric.

This phone is only a cm taller than my inspire 4g and 2 mm wider, so I'm not scared of the size initially.

stephenjxn

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
There will be a lot of phones coming out in the next few months. I would liek to see what Nokia will be throwing into the ring. I dont want to start salivating on this phone and find out that a "stripped down version" of it will be coming to a US carrier other than Sprint.

I just got my Sprint HTC Arrive last week. I would exchange for another Windows Phone that has a front facing camera and pre-installed with Mango. Although Mango is scheduled for a fall "update", it doesnt mean WE will get it. It just means the carriers will get their chance to hack it up...disable some features..install their own generic features. By the time Mango is officially released to the public, there will be new phones available just in time for the Christmas rush.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Its looking like it will be my next phone. The phone is excellent looking and very thin. I can't wait!

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely jump on this phone, but is there any hope at all of it coming to sprint?

I have 2 weeks to decide if I should keep my arrive or go back to my pre and waif for a new wp7 device...

I suppose it's a possibility. But if it does, it will have to use a different version of the Snapdragon chip. It's using the 8255, where IIRC only the 86xx chips support all the CDMA radios that Verizon/Sprint use.

It's always hard to tell with Sprint. They like to do all their product announcements at their own events rather than at trade shows like CES. So a lot of times, companies like HTC will announce their products for all the other carriers, only to reveal their Sprint offerings at a later date.

Honestly I'd be surprised if HTC weren't working on some new WP7.5 for Sprint. Sprint could very well be getting their own version of the Titan, but you can bet it won't be called the Titan and it will have 4G in the name somewhere :) But yeah, with Sprint you never know very far in advance, unfortunately.

Windows Winner

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is a big phone, but the Titan screen size has won me, so I can't wait to get my hands on it. A device with a screen size between 5 inches and 7 inches should be classed as a mini tablet even with phone software like the Samsung Note.

Would have liked to see Full HD video recording and 1 GB of Ram. Plus Beats Audio like the HTC Runnymede which also sports a 4.7 inch screen, but those things are not deal breakers for me.

giantphone.jpg

Last edited:

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
NOT with you. Not yet anyways. I gotta see what else comes out first. Samsung, Nokia, and HTC have more WP coming. I also have Sprint and praying they get more on-board with WP. They need more than one offering. I do like the Titan though.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
well I am going to update to mango add a 32 GB microsdhc and see what happens from there maybe the titan maybe a nokia or stick with the focus

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
there are only 2 CDMA WP's right now the trophy on VZ and Arrive on Sprint ?
they should get the first next gen devices but I'm not holding my breath.

I would love to see Sprint or Verizon step up and start talking more about WP's

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I would say thats not very likely to happen iots more likely to be as far as US is concerned Tmo and ATT first like 1st generation as they are already coming out with GSM in Europe and all tahts needed ifor US and NA oGsm is differeant frequency radios.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I suppose it's a possibility. But if it does, it will have to use a different version of the Snapdragon chip. It's using the 8255, where IIRC only the 86xx chips support all the CDMA radios that Verizon/Sprint use.

It's always hard to tell with Sprint. They like to do all their product announcements at their own events rather than at trade shows like CES. So a lot of times, companies like HTC will announce their products for all the other carriers, only to reveal their Sprint offerings at a later date.

Honestly I'd be surprised if HTC weren't working on some new WP7.5 for Sprint. Sprint could very well be getting their own version of the Titan, but you can bet it won't be called the Titan and it will have 4G in the name somewhere :) But yeah, with Sprint you never know very far in advance, unfortunately.

Sprint is really starting to annoy me. They passed on the Pre2, had no intensions on the Pre3, and is seemingly worthless with WP7. It's extremely frustrating to me.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is really starting to annoy me. They passed on the Pre2, had no intensions on the Pre3, and is seemingly worthless with WP7. It's extremely frustrating to me.

It's hard being a Sprint customer! I got frustrated when Sprint was a complete no-show at CES and MWC while everybody else announced all their dual-core superphones. Then they had that stupid David Blaine press event to unveil the lousy Kyocera Echo. It didn't help that they took away 1-year upgrades. That was when I started seriously looking at leaving Sprint and considering my options, and eventually decided to go with T-Mobile and WP7!

But then, Sprint had their own event to announce the Evo 3D. And they finally released the Arrive. It sucks that there are no more 1-year upgrades, but 2 years is the industry standard now. And, they are now the only carrier with truly unlimited data. So really it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be in my head.

Moral of the story: Sprint probably has something good coming up, but you'll never know when they'll get around to announcing it. It sucks trying to be patient in a market that moves so quickly, but your patience will probably be rewarded.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

Leave Sprint. I definately plan to. I know for a fact that they will not carry any Windows Phone Mango devices, at least this year. Look, they only care about Android. I will not stand for it any more. AT&T here I come. I don't even care about data caps and higher price. I want a phone that works. And Sprint doesn't have any.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Leave Sprint. I definately plan to. I know for a fact that they will not carry any Windows Phone Mango devices, at least this year. Look, they only care about Android. I will not stand for it any more. AT&T here I come. I don't even care about data caps and higher price. I want a phone that works. And Sprint doesn't have any.

How do you know that where are you getting that information? If you don't mind me asking.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll need to see the screen before I consider this device. If it still has that weird "tearing" that the hd7/hd7s has, then it's a no go for me...

richwolf

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Sprint and Titan Perfect Together?

Yeah right. Could Sprint get the Titan? If so, what do you think it would cost to upgrade my Arrive (which arrived in March).

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Most of these phones start out as GSM, so I expect most Windows Phones to go to AT&T first, then T-Mobile. Verizon relies on their Droid line so they'll only offer a few Windows Phones throughout the year for variety, much like they did with the now defunct webOS phones. Sprint is also using Android to create their own branded experiences which they can't get with Windows Phone. All the Windows Phone ads in the world now won't make a much difference this year. I don't really expect to see much traction until maybe summer 2012, with Nokia, Tango, and cheap phones. Nokia's got the power to make phones cheap, and they're willing to play ball with CDMA carriers like Verizon. They also need Windows Phone to succeed, and Microsoft needs someone who needs them, which currently exclude the carriers, at least at this point.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720