My next device who's with me

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Leave Sprint. I definately plan to. I know for a fact that they will not carry any Windows Phone Mango devices, at least this year. Look, they only care about Android. I will not stand for it any more. AT&T here I come. I don't even care about data caps and higher price. I want a phone that works. And Sprint doesn't have any.

Where do you get your info on no mango devices?

Sprint beats everybody plan prices, data caps, and features. I have priced verizon and at&t over and over and they can't touch sprint. Enjoy at&t with crap data, caps and higher prices.

On the titan, I like it and hope it comes to sprint but I am open to a newer and bigger wp7 phone on sprint from whoever. I like the arrive and I am satisfied so far, just watching and waiting on how wp7 phones develop.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
A newer version of the Omnia 7 with front facing camera and the 2nd-gen Snapdragon chip just went through FCC approval, and it has CDMA bands. Meaning it will be going either Sprint or Verizon (or maybe US Cellular/Metro PCS?)

So don't panic yet, the CDMA carriers will get their Mango phones.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I love big screens because my eyesight is not what it was, I also have big hands so holding this beast will not be a problem - 95% this will be my next phone although I will hang on to see if Nokia come out with something good.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I love big screens because my eyesight is not what it was, I also have big hands so holding this beast will not be a problem - 95% this will be my next phone although I will hang on to see if Nokia come out with something good.
That's why i like the sound of the Titan too adesonic, my eyesight isn't too hot now and a bigger screen would be very beneficial for me.

Like you, I don't want to rush into things and will wait to see what other hadsets appear. :)

Still hoping that a larger Super Amoled screen than my Omnia arrives from somewhere. :)

bcoale#WP

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone know if this SLCD is the same screen as the HTC Inspire 4G? I had that phone for a while. Loved the screen and hardware, but not the OS. If the Titan will be like the Inspire but with WP Mango, this could be an awesome phone.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
It's hard being a Sprint customer! I got frustrated when Sprint was a complete no-show at CES and MWC while everybody else announced all their dual-core superphones. Then they had that stupid David Blaine press event to unveil the lousy Kyocera Echo. It didn't help that they took away 1-year upgrades. That was when I started seriously looking at leaving Sprint and considering my options, and eventually decided to go with T-Mobile and WP7!

But then, Sprint had their own event to announce the Evo 3D. And they finally released the Arrive. It sucks that there are no more 1-year upgrades, but 2 years is the industry standard now. And, they are now the only carrier with truly unlimited data. So really it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be in my head.

Moral of the story: Sprint probably has something good coming up, but you'll never know when they'll get around to announcing it. It sucks trying to be patient in a market that moves so quickly, but your patience will probably be rewarded.

I am a 10 year customer, so we get 1 phone upgrade after a year. I priced the ATT family plans versus Sprint and it came to about a $30 a month different (even with the smartphone tax). Plus no unlimitted data. so I'd prefer to stay with Sprint...but really, what's the point if all they have is the one mobile OS I hate (well, other than blackberry, but does that even count anymore).

I am trading in my arrive tonight for an evo 3d. Its more or less a place holder while waiting for SOME kind of announcement from Sprint.

Here's to hoping sprint pull's their heads from their bums.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Sprint beats everybody plan prices, data caps, and features. I have priced verizon and at&t over and over and they can't touch sprint. Enjoy at&t with crap data, caps and higher prices.

I agree with everything you said, BUT (not saying this applies to everyone everywhere, but it definitely applies to some in some places) Sprint has a crappy signal in several areas I frequent. Because of that, even with higher prices and data caps, I'm looking to switch to Verizon in the future... Not sure when though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Agreed. I do NOT have high hopes. I am guessing I'll be dying to get back to WP7
Don't do it! I just went through the same thing. Picked up an Atrix running 2.3, it crashed and randomly shut down at LEAST 5 times in four days. This is even after I uninstalled all the extra stuff and killed just about everything on the phone!!

My Focus crashed EXACTLY ZERO times in 8 months!!! Guess what I'm using right now.

You WILL regret!

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if it does. WP7 doesn't support Video chat yet, but this phone will have a FFC and support video chat.

A quick Google search told me that new Samsung devices should have NFC, but HTC has yet to include it any of their devices, so that might be why.

If anyone knows more about NFC being included in Mango please let me know, I'm new so I have some learning to do yet.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Don't do it! I just went through the same thing. Picked up an Atrix running 2.3, it crashed and randomly shut down at LEAST 5 times in four days. This is even after I uninstalled all the extra stuff and killed just about everything on the phone!!

My Focus crashed EXACTLY ZERO times in 8 months!!! Guess what I'm using right now.

You WILL regret!

you sir...were correct. Its a damn nightmare to use. Back to the pre until sprint comes out with a new wp7 phone

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

Ambient85

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
First post here, hi!

I'm totally getting this phone when it is released. They need to hurry up and let it out! I'm leaving an iPhone (actually, currently using an Android phone because my iPhone broke). Ready for something new :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs