10-06-2011 01:27 PM
45 12
tools
    Exactly. The Titan looks beautiful with its giant screen and (what looks like, at least) its high-quality camera. The Focus S, however, just screams "high-end device", though. It has the SAP screen and what seems to be a really nice GPU.

The Focus S just hasn't been revealed enough (which might be why I'm so intrigued) for me to make my final decision, but the Titan's WVGA is just killing me.
    WVGA is the only resolution WP7 supports now so the Focus S will also come with that res. Also has the same Adreno 205 GPU as the Titan but probably would look tons better on the SAmoled+ screen.
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    09-22-2011 11:47 AM
    The Titan's pixel density is still higher than e.g. the iPhone 3GS's screen. And Engadget's preview said they didn't notice any excessive pixelization. I think it'll look just fine.
    09-22-2011 02:34 PM
    WVGA is the only resolution WP7 supports now so the Focus S will also come with that res. Also has the same Adreno 205 GPU as the Titan but probably would look tons better on the SAmoled+ screen.
    Oh, I thought that WVGA was the other choice instead of SA+. What does the Titan have instead of the SA+?
    09-22-2011 02:59 PM
    Oh, I thought that WVGA was the other choice instead of SA+. What does the Titan have instead of the SA+?
    The Titan has Super LCD Judge_Daniel.

WVGA = (800480) All WP7's have the same screen resolution.
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    09-22-2011 03:06 PM
    Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying that for me. I knew all WP7s were 800x480 (which is another reason I'm sort of skeptical about the Titan's large screen), but I didn't know WVGA meant the same. I guess I've been confusing WVGA and SLCD this entire time. Sorry.
    09-22-2011 04:04 PM
    No need to apologise, WVGA just means wide vga which is the screen resolution. Although the Titan has a huge screen, its screen resolution is no higher than any other WP7.
    09-22-2011 04:28 PM
    Then isn't that a negative on the phone? Won't it be more pixel-y (word?) on a larger screen, or is it still small enough to be negligible? I just figured the combo of the large screen, the same resolution, and the non-Super AMOLED+ would be a negative. Any ideas?
    09-22-2011 05:55 PM
    The Titan's pixel density is still higher than e.g. the iPhone 3GS's screen. And Engadget's preview said they didn't notice any excessive pixelization. I think it'll look just fine.
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    09-22-2011 06:34 PM
    Thanks; good to know.
    09-23-2011 01:19 AM
    Yes Jay Bennett (Developer of the WPC App) said when he was at the HTC announcement in London, said the pixelisation was fine and the screen looked amazing, but of course you have the outside in bright light scenario. Nothing comes close to Super Amoled Plus.

Really need that feature in Scotland with our long hot bright sunny days. (2 days if your lucky) :)
    09-23-2011 02:06 AM
    Is there really a difference between Super Amoled and Super Amoled plus. Something that someone can see with the human eye.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    09-23-2011 02:40 AM
    09-23-2011 02:44 AM
    Is that noticeable on a 4.3" screen. Looking at the non enlarged photo. They look exactly the same.
    09-23-2011 08:41 AM
    Is that noticeable on a 4.3" screen. Looking at the non enlarged photo. They look exactly the same.

yeah for sure!!!

i compared my FOCUS (SA) the the GSII that my colleague has (SA+) .....

and you can definitely see the different. its like having a retina screen.. but BETTER....

or better yet .. its like comparing 720P to 1080p ... or 720I to 1080P actually.
    09-23-2011 09:54 AM
    Stop trying to make me go for the Titan you bad bad person 1jaxstate1! ;)

I have convinced my self to stick with my beloved Super Amoled. (I Think) :)
    09-23-2011 10:03 AM
    Super AMOLED + isn't just for the eyes either... it's also better on battery life. Instead of lighting up the device for 'blacks' (that just sounds wrong... lol.), those pixels get turned off. They explained it in detail at the Samsung event I was at and it really makes a difference. I just hope the Focus S gets a battery (although not needed like in Android) as big as my Galaxy S II at 1800mAh.
    09-23-2011 10:20 PM
    Really need that feature in Scotland with our long hot bright sunny days. (2 days if your lucky) :)
    Ha! I think that'd come in handy here in the Texas sun, though. I can't count how many times I've been outside and have difficulty taking pictures or even reading a text while using my Imagio (I believe it has a regular LCD screen). Although I've loved my Imagio, which is also an HTC phone, I think I might have to go with the Samsung this time. There are still a few specs that need to be revealed (such as storage and global capabilities...and probably trying out the cameras in person) that will effect my final decision, but as of yet, the Focus S will be my next phone.
    09-24-2011 02:29 AM
    I'm in it for the size. Amoled is nice, but it is not crucial, and I'd rather have almost another half inch of everything. I would LOVE to see a WP7 version of the Galaxy Note, that's an insta-buy!
    Last edited by treiz; 09-27-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    09-27-2011 06:28 PM
    I got my titan yesterday, it is awesome, best phone I ever owned.
    1jaxstate1 likes this.
    10-06-2011 10:19 AM
    Where's the dislike button! Just kidding. You are a lunch man/woman. Please post your first impressions when you get a chance! :)
    I got my titan yesterday, it is awesome, best phone I ever owned.
    10-06-2011 01:27 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD