11-14-2011 02:23 PM
64 123
tools
    Man, after finally getting my replacement Focus, it feels big after using a Palm Pre +. I bet the Titan is going to feel massive!
    10-22-2011 10:12 AM
    A nice review of the HTC Titan.

10-22-2011 02:14 PM
    Thought retina was just a LCD with apple branding at higher resolution. Still crappy 3.5" size which sucks in my mind. Pretty sure the 4s only has 512mb ram as well. So not really better than a titan except for its dual core which seems to only be for the Siri resource hog.
    The other point of the A5 chip in the iPhone 4S is it litterally has the fastest SoC GPU shipping in anything right now. The SGX543MP2. EVEN if it's downclocked (which benchmarks on Anandtech indicate to it not being downclocked), it still is the fastest GPU, bar none. Even vs Mali 400, the new Galaxy Nexus' overclocked SGX540, Adreno 220 (to be more accurate, the SGX543MP2 is two SGX540 performance tweaked and put on the same die... there is a *MP4 variant to be used in the PS Vita later next year).

That said, I'm getting a Titan as soon as I can. It's going to replace my current Samsung Focus/Moto Atrix 4G combo. Right now, the only thing the Focus cannot do well is volume balance, lol...
    10-22-2011 07:32 PM
    SO when is the Titan coming to US?
    That's the million dollar question! lol
    10-23-2011 01:28 AM
    That's the million dollar question! lol
    Agreed!
    10-24-2011 05:17 PM
    Here are some sample pictures I have taken with my phone since I got it.

I have found camera to be good on close range shots, however when taking shots at Man Utd this weekend from top seats in stadium I had trouble getting a clear shot of the players on the pitch. I used to get far clearer pictures on zoom from my SG2 and even my Desire.

I also found that when taking a shot from far range the image on screen looks really fuzzy but when actual picture comes out it is as per shot attached.
    Nothing I could do in settings would improve this, looks like it has some kind of issue displaying shots at max zoom/far away, as soon as it is taken and in gallery it can be viewed fine.
    10-25-2011 03:46 AM
    Here are some sample pictures I have taken with my phone since I got it.

I have found camera to be good on close range shots, however when taking shots at Man Utd this weekend from top seats in stadium I had trouble getting a clear shot of the players on the pitch. I used to get far clearer pictures on zoom from my SG2 and even my Desire.

I also found that when taking a shot from far range the image on screen looks really fuzzy but when actual picture comes out it is as per shot attached.
    Nothing I could do in settings would improve this, looks like it has some kind of issue displaying shots at max zoom/far away, as soon as it is taken and in gallery it can be viewed fine.
    the Hoff! haha

yeah, those look about what i would expect based on the shots in the reviews. seem plenty good enough quality for me. the fuzziness on-screen may have to do with the low resolution of the display, i'd guess.

thanks, cheers!
    10-25-2011 08:27 AM
    Yeah, that field shot is a bit out of focus. Not sure if you may have not been perfectly still or something. Any movement at full zoom will cause out of focus shots. The other shots look just fine to me.
    10-25-2011 08:51 AM
    I took a few shots of pitch on various settings, that was the best one I could get and I was steady for all of them as I was on a mission to test camera.

Ref screen fuzziness, not sure it is resolution causing it as it only happens when I am actually aiming for the shot, if I check the image as soon as it is taken it is fine.
    Only seems to do it on long shots - maybe for some reason it finds rendering zoom shots difficult.
    10-25-2011 09:47 AM
    Couple of other shots as I was playing around.
    10-25-2011 09:52 AM
    On the hd7s, one of the things I disliked the most about the screen was how the tiles seemed to break up when scrolling. Is this action visible on your Titan's screen?
    Thanks in advance
    11-14-2011 12:16 PM
    I don't think so... I don't notice this when I scroll through, but I'm not sure what you mean by breaking up
    11-14-2011 01:09 PM
    he means ghosting. HD7S has a bad case of it (at least the few I have seen before).
    11-14-2011 01:39 PM
    A bit more than a month later. How are you liking the Titan? Any changes in battery life now that its not "new"? Is it still a good size or have you wished for it to be a little smaller? Can you live with it for another 2 years? Dont remember if you have a contract or not.
    11-14-2011 02:23 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD