I got my Titan

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Browsing is faster? :O oh my God, that's a huge thing. Shame about the video though.

Another question how did you say the speed of the OS is comparable to the GS. I'm talking about scrolling and transitions etc... Because the GSII is really fast and smooth.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Browsing is faster? :O oh my God, that's a huge thing. Shame about the video though.

Another question how did you say the speed of the OS is comparable to the GS. I'm talking about scrolling and transitions etc... Because the GSII is really fast and smooth.

Yes I think the browsing is defo faster.

I am amazed at the speed from boot up to usable...
Just timed it and it took 22 seconds from button press to be usable.
As soon as it gets to home screen you are ready to go....
This is major for me, the SG2 used to take ages loading widgets and scanning the internal memory/sd card for media files and loading everything...it used to take 2 to 3 minutes before I could do anything.

SG2 is dual core 1.2 ghz with 1gb ram VS Titan sigle core 1.5ghz 512mb ram - all I can say is that I expected a performance drop and haven't seen any.
The phone is blazing fast, smooth at everything, no hanging like I had on SG2, no random reboots.

I prefer some aspects of tiles vs widgets and vice versa.
The one thing I am pissed about is that I just found out about the bluetooth limitations of WP7. Had I known before I would prob have not switched OS until it was sorted.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the answers, I don't know much about Android but I always though tiles where just widgets that sucked. What are the pros and cons of widgets? :D

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My captivate reboots and is generally slow, for a phone with a 1ghz processor in it. I find widgets just random add ons that add functionality to the phone. But the thing about widgets, they don't feel like it's part of the OS. It's just feel like something that just thrown in on top of android. I stopped using widgets after the first week of having my Captivate.
Thanks for the answers, I don't know much about Android but I always though tiles where just widgets that sucked. What are the pros and cons of widgets? :D

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I really hope HTC's next "Pro-series" device is as good as the Titan sounds. 4-4.3" SLCD screen with a bigger keyboard and maybe higher resolution support from WP by then. I dream.

Is the BT limitation still the audio from video playing from the speaker? I really hope there's a fix for that in Tango or something.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

At the start I had 7 home screens with all kinds of junk on, by the end I had 1 home screen with widgets, 2 with most frequent apps and 1 with a contacts widget to put my most popular contacts on so I could either call or text at one press.

To be honest the main thing I miss about android is that it easier to swipe left/right and see 12 or so apps on one screen than it is to scroll to bottom of WP7 Homescreen.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
the 480x800 screen when 720p screens are becoming standard and Apple's Retina Display(326dpi).

Thought retina was just a LCD with apple branding at higher resolution. Still crappy 3.5" size which sucks in my mind. Pretty sure the 4s only has 512mb ram as well. So not really better than a titan except for its dual core which seems to only be for the Siri resource hog.

Yes I think the browsing is defo faster.

I am amazed at the speed from boot up to usable...
Just timed it and it took 22 seconds from button press to be usable.
As soon as it gets to home screen you are ready to go....
This is major for me, the SG2 used to take ages loading widgets and scanning the internal memory/sd card for media files and loading everything...it used to take 2 to 3 minutes before I could do anything.

SG2 is dual core 1.2 ghz with 1gb ram VS Titan sigle core 1.5ghz 512mb ram - all I can say is that I expected a performance drop and haven't seen any.
The phone is blazing fast, smooth at everything, no hanging like I had on SG2, no random reboots.

I prefer some aspects of tiles vs widgets and vice versa.
The one thing I am pissed about is that I just found out about the bluetooth limitations of WP7. Had I known before I would prob have not switched OS until it was sorted.

I will be coming from an iphone 3g so I enjoy hearing you enjoy the titan over a top of the line Android phone. Keep updating us to your experience on the titan. Do you do any video streaming from your own library?

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to stream some videos from my laptop for you...

Some video clips recorded on my SG2 stream to Titan just fine and quickly...
I tried to stream some proper files i.e couple music videos, a download of last weeks Smackdown and a couple of other films which play on my Xbox/PS3 from memory stick just fine.....however they came up "unable to play file format" damn.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Scratch that...
shared some more files and got Zombieland and Copout to stream from my laptop.
Takes 20 seconds from pressing play to actually seeing an image on the screen but then is flawless, no drops of stream or pixelating.
Just need to play around to find which encoder works best with Xbox/Ps3/WP7 :)

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I use a few apps which will probably not be available with wp7. I use air video on my iphone. This is something I love to do over wifi in my house. I have no bedroom HTPC yet still. Have one in my living room, so I stream wired from my server for this. In bedroom I use my iphone. Sucks since the screen is so small. One reason I am looking to step to Titan. I need to find an app that will allow me to stream my movies over wifi on mango though.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I just did search for media server on phone and it found my shared files on pc...didn't look for any software for the phone.
Maybe I will look tomorrow.

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey shaunydub

Thanks for the welcome.

Obviously first thing you notice about the screen is the size, but I really like the way it feels...somehow it feels more satisfactory.

The screen seems a lot brighter and crisper when using apps and general phone usage, but I think this may be partly due to the way WP7 is designed rather than the screen being better.

Watching movies its very hard to tell the difference.

Welcome to the WP7 family, I personally changed to WP7 back in april of this year, from being a iphone owner since 2007... the 1st gen, the 3G, the 3GS, and even the iphone 4. But I just kinda got borred with how their OS is, didnt want android cause I have tons of friends with android and I get one or two calls a week with OS problems from them. Anyways, I currently own the HTC HD7s from AT&T and its a great phone... inside.... once I go outside the screen basically darkens and its hard to use the device outdoors, even with the brightness at full. So my question to you is, how does the titans screen hold up on sunlight? This is infact the phone that I want when AT&T finally has it for customers, but the screen on the sun part is what might break up that deal.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have found the screen remains very visible outside on a normal day.
Due do the great british weather I haven't yet been able to test on any exceptionally sunny days to be honest.

Off to Germany for a couple of days with work so will see how it fares on the trip in terms of battery life, screen, pictures etc.

lerimer

May 24, 2011
Visit site
thanks

thanks for the reply, the reason I asked was because I have an HD7s and the screen really suck on it. Even on full brightness the screen is useless outside on a sunny day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05