Battery life update

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the detail on the Titan battery performance. With similar usage I get about the same results, less 25% (1230mAh vs. 1600mAh). Actually the only big battery hog seems to be Board Express. An hour on this forum with BE will easily kill 25%+. But an hour of news reading or web browsing barely moves the needle (5-7%). Strange actually.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the detail on the Titan battery performance. With similar usage I get about the same results, less 25% (1230mAh vs. 1600mAh). Actually the only big battery hog seems to be Board Express. An hour on this forum with BE will easily kill 25%+. But an hour of news reading or web browsing barely moves the needle (5-7%). Strange actually.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

That's interesting. I haven't installed Board Express and I doubt that I will now if it eats that much battery up.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity have done some extended testing last two days.

Currently at 22% 1 day 12 hours since unplugging.

Since yesterday morning have done following -
30 texts
30 mins gaming
updated / installed 5 apps
browsed store for 15 mins
browsed facebook 15 mins
check people hub updates 30 mins
had wifi on from 5pm to 11pm last night
wifi on 5pm til 7.20pm so far tonight
used various apps 30 mins.

More I use device the more impressed I am :)

thatguyhugs

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Titan since its last charge two days ago and there is still at least a third of a charge remaining. I've streamed Netflix on the phone and watched downloaded videos from the phone on a tv. This battery is like Freddy or Jason... it simply won't die!

The screen is beautiful, even out in the bright sun.

ecthroi

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
gosh, the battery on this thing seems like a monster. i went ahead and got a flash on Monday, and the battery thus far has been pretty weak. i'm trying to pin down exactly why, but i haven't had anything definitive. i very well may return it and get the titan instead, all of you bragging about the awesome battery life on this is killing me! haha

threedog

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
gosh, the battery on this thing seems like a monster. i went ahead and got a flash on Monday, and the battery thus far has been pretty weak. i'm trying to pin down exactly why, but i haven't had anything definitive. i very well may return it and get the titan instead, all of you bragging about the awesome battery life on this is killing me! haha

Yeah I've been thinking about exchanging for a Titan. I got a Focus S when it was released and although the battery life is good, its performance is disappointing.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your posts.

Usage for me would consist of hundreds of SMS a day, constantly checking & updating twitter, browsing, lots of tapatalk (BoardExpress on WP), lots of emails (all accounts being pushed) and maybe 1-2 hours total of calls.

soullinker20

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
whoah thank you so much for this information!! this really helped me a lot and close to pull the trigger on this..

(sorry for posting here)

i'm a battery freak, i've been researching for weeks for pa smartphone that has a good battery life, i'm using an iphone 4 and is planning to upgrade and was glad that i've come come down to this thread regarding battery life. I just want to justify my purchase on this Titan, i do not see the 4S as an upgrade because I was disappointed with its shorter battery life than the iP4. i'm also really not into apps a lot and games, just want a great smartphone that does everything well.. i prefer my phone to be just simple usage ( moderate texting, seldom calls almost no call in a day, about almost 1 hr internet on wifi but wifi OFF when not in use) I mentioned all of these because it really has to do something with battery life (what i really craved on a phone) and i think the windows OS would be the one i'm looking for as the iOS seemed really flat and boring now for me.. how does the htc's titan differ from the iPhone 4's battery life? is there a significant difference between the two when it comes to a moderate to heavy usage and standby time? my iP4 almost lasts 2 days with that kind of usage but after 2 days even if i have 40-50% the battery declines significantly... what are your thoughts former iP4 users?

thank you!!

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
First full charge last night. Took off walking out the door at 7:45. 4 hours of very heavy useage with everything on with med bright I am at 68%. Not too bad. I have been youtubing the UK Nokia lumia800 skyscraper video with DEADMOU5 all morning and doing a lot of phone setup and app downloading. Few emails and FB posts. Again, everything is on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX2Gd-kqV5s

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hour at lunch and missed 2 calls. Made one call for less than 2 minutes. No other usage. Still at 67%. So when locked it definitely does not use much power even with all the features and updates turned on.

JBenn911

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I seriously considering picking one up, if for nothing else, to have a spare...be interesting to see if it really provides 22% more usage

absolute_

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
After reading this I'm getting quite sure I got two faulty Titans... I was sure the first time, then got a new one and when I saw I had the same results (less than twelve hours with average usage), I had doubts. But the scenery you described here can't be compared to what I experienced.

absolute_

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
And here I am with my third Titan. I can't sense any difference with the battery. I really can't understand what's the problem. Today I had an average usage and got from 100% to less than 20% in nine hours... I just played a game less than one hour, made five minutes of phone calls, two texts, a little chat on facebook and with gps and chat on, but bluetooth and wifi off...

roffleswaffles

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I love my Titan, but I want to know where you guys are getting this excellent battery performance? o_o I seldom use my phone too... only reply to FB messages, some calls (1 - 2 a day), and check mail.

Unless... you guys have that turned off...

seriousdave

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I am a fairly heavy user, not quite a power user. Some texts, rare calls, moderate gaming, lots of board express, fb browsing, USA today, etc. Some video usage, no music. I'm lucky if I get get a little over 6 hours on a full charge.

Sent from my Titan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb