Engadget reviews the HTC Titan

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Micro SD card slots should be a requirement for WP7. The only thing I didn't like in the video at least was that he said WP7 is for early adopters and that it has certain problems here and there, as if Android doesn't have tons more problems.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If not, they should offer phones with larger amounts of space.
Micro SD card slots should be a requirement for WP7. The only thing I didn't like in the video at least was that he said WP7 is for early adopters and that it has certain problems here and there, as if Android doesn't have tons more problems.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Ya'll didn't think the review was a little harsh? It seemed like for every good thing the author stated, he (or she, I didn't pay attention) wrote two bad things, or added a caveat that stated that the positive attribute could still be better.

Additionally, I'd really like to see just how pixelated the Titan actually looks, since Engadget made it sound unbearable.

(Also, I'm also in the Focus S camp (loves me some SAMOLED+). However, I would like to see every Windows Phone selling abundantly.)

Edit: I just took the time to watch the video and it truly is positive. What I don't understand is why the written review is so negative. Maybe he was just trying to be unbiased to a point that it actually became biased. Maybe I just read negatively. Either way, I still believe the written article is definitely too harsh--especially now that I've compared it to his enthusiastic video review.

Last edited:

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Ya'll didn't think the review was a little harsh? It seemed like for every good thing the author stated, he (or she, I didn't pay attention) wrote two bad things, or added a caveat that stated that the positive attribute could still be better.

Additionally, I'd really like to see just how pixelated the Titan actually looks, since Engadget made it sound unbearable.

(Also, I'm also in the Focus S camp (loves me some SAMOLED+). However, I would like to see every Windows Phone selling abundantly.)

Edit: I just took the time to watch the video and it truly is positive. What I don't understand is why the written review is so negative. Maybe he was just trying to be unbiased to a point that it actually became biased. Maybe I just read negatively. Either way, I still believe the written article is definitely too harsh--especially now that I've compared it to his enthusiastic video review.

Cmon man! This same reviewer used the phrase "good ol Android" within the review. You ever see a reviewer use that phrase or anything like it and you can rest assured that he is not to be taken seriously.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Cmon man! This same reviewer used the phrase "good ol Android" within the review. You ever see a reviewer use that phrase or anything like it and you can rest assured that he is not to be taken seriously.

Yeah, I should have stopped reading it at the first signs of fanboyism, but it was like watching getting blood drawn. I couldn't take my eyes away although it was horrific!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I see nothing wrong with using Good ole Android. I've seen reviews of other OS, and the author says something like "..as elegant as WP7" or what not.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see a side by side with a SLCD and SAmoled next to each other in sunlight. Review I read seemed to be generally positive about the Titan and WP7.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I should have stopped reading it at the first signs of fanboyism, but it was like watching getting blood drawn. I couldn't take my eyes away although it was horrific!

Huh? He pointed out the good and the bad, that's what a review is meant to do. It's not meant to be a celebration of what the phone does better than others, he's trying to give a well rounded opinion. Also, why does it matter that his preference is Android? It's not like he's promoting Android at every opportunity, he's making comparisons to help express his points.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Huh? He pointed out the good and the bad, that's what a review is meant to do. It's not meant to be a celebration of what the phone does better than others, he's trying to give a well rounded opinion. Also, why does it matter that his preference is Android? It's not like he's promoting Android at every opportunity, he's making comparisons to help express his points.

I am kind of thrown off by this. I'm usually the one reprimanding people for not being fair to the press. However, I did find this article to be poorly written when compared to the video. I'm not saying that people cannot saying bad things about the Titan or WP7, but it is how he said things. Instead of listing out the good and the bad, he would type out something good, then immediately say something negative. He could have switched the pattern a few times, but I only saw one example when he said something negative then followed it up with something negative. I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense. Let me try to give an example. :)

What if I wanted to talk about a car? I could say:
The sound system had a rich sound, but I was disgruntled at the lack of an auxiliary port.
or I could say
Despite not having an auxiliary port, which most cars now have, the rich sound system was a nice feature.

I mentioned both the good and the bad in similar ways in both sentences, but the first obviously was more negative. He did this multiple times throughout the article, too.

Anyway, the video kind of makes up for it, since he genuinely sounded enthused about it. I hope you understand where I'm coming from and don't believe that I'm just being a ******. :)

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I am kind of thrown off by this. I'm usually the one reprimanding people for not being fair to the press. However, I did find this article to be poorly written when compared to the video. I'm not saying that people cannot saying bad things about the Titan or WP7, but it is how he said things. Instead of listing out the good and the bad, he would type out something good, then immediately say something negative. He could have switched the pattern a few times, but I only saw one example when he said something negative then followed it up with something negative. I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense. Let me try to give an example. :)

What if I wanted to talk about a car? I could say:
The sound system had a rich sound, but I was disgruntled at the lack of an auxiliary port.
or I could say
Despite not having an auxiliary port, which most cars now have, the rich sound system was a nice feature.

I mentioned both the good and the bad in similar ways in both sentences, but the first obviously was more negative. He did this multiple times throughout the article, too.

Anyway, the video kind of makes up for it, since he genuinely sounded enthused about it. I hope you understand where I'm coming from and don't believe that I'm just being a ******. :)

Ok, I think I get what you mean. I went back and had another read and you're right, he does do this a lot. I guess it's just one of those things I've trained myself to ignore when reading reviews, I just focus on the points rather than the way they're spun into a review (I tend to skip back and forth when reading reviews anyway).

It does seem like a bit of a negative way to review something, but I don't think it was done intentionally to put the Titan down. Don't read too much into it :)

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think I get what you mean. I went back and had another read and you're right, he does do this a lot. I guess it's just one of those things I've trained myself to ignore when reading reviews, I just focus on the points rather than the way they're spun into a review (I tend to skip back and forth when reading reviews anyway).

It does seem like a bit of a negative way to review something, but I don't think it was done intentionally to put the Titan down. Don't read too much into it :)

Thanks. I try to be reasonable about things, but this post really kind of peeved me. Hopefully more people will watch the video than read the article, though. :) He was very kind during the video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786