10-22-2011 01:14 PM
34 12
tools
    HTC Titan review -- Engadget
    They were blown away by the battery life and camera!
    Winterfang, power5 and TheWeeBear like this.
    10-17-2011 01:17 PM
    Don't want one! Don't want one! Hmmm No Don't want one!
    10-17-2011 01:28 PM
    LOL! I also noticed that it has LED notifications. I keep seeing a red light blink! I'm SOLD! It will be mine...well, as soon as I can afford it. LOL!
    Don't want one! Don't want one! Hmmm No Don't want one!
    The boot time on that phone is amazing!
    10-17-2011 01:31 PM
    Stop trying to say good things about it, if you get it, it'll all end in tears when you want the Samsung Focus S with it's delicious 4.3 Super Amoled Plus screen.

Then you'll have to get that too. :)

Titan's rubbish, you can't see it outside in bright sunlight, it has a wobbly case that will annoy you as it fills with dust, you can see the pixels, hmm can't think of anything else at the moment.

Is this negativity working or will I just shut up now 1jaxstate1 ? ;)
    10-17-2011 01:47 PM
    I think I'm sold on the Titan, if it has an LED flash on it. One of my biggest gripes with WP7 is having to actually look at the phone to know if you have an email, text, mms, fb notification. That was the only thing I missed from BlackBerry.

But when they do a side by side comparison of the two, and if the Samsung Focus S kicks the Titans rear end, then I will go with the Focus S.
    Stop trying to say good things about it, if you get it, it'll all end in tears when you want the Samsung Focus S with it's delicious 4.3 Super Amoled Plus screen.

Then you'll have to get that too. :)

Titan's rubbish, you can't see it outside in bright sunlight, it has a wobbly case that will annoy you as it fills with dust, you can see the pixels, hmm can't think of anything else at the moment.

Is this negativity working or will I just shut up now 1jaxstate1 ? ;)
    But the S will have to be something spectacular. I'm back and forward between these two phones. Because I want, whichever I choose, to be the last phone I buy for a looooong time.
    10-17-2011 01:55 PM
    I just want it because of the 4.3 Super Amoled Plus, i don't care about anything else 1jaxstate1. lol :)

Could they not just bring out an Omnia 8 just for me, it's not too much to ask is it ?
    10-17-2011 01:58 PM
    If you ask nicely, I'm sure they would. LOL! I just want the titan for reading ebooks. It'll save me 100 bucks, as I won't have to buy a kindle.
    I just want it because of the 4.3 Super Amoled Plus, i don't care about anything else 1jaxstate1. lol :)

Could they not just bring out an Omnia 8 just for me, it's not too much to ask is it ?
    10-17-2011 02:05 PM
    Yes it should be good for reading books 1jaxstate1, that's of course if you can read them due to the really bad pixelisation of the fonts. ;)
    1jaxstate1 likes this.
    10-17-2011 02:07 PM
    Hahaha!
    Yes it should be good for reading books 1jaxstate1, that's of course if you can read them due to the really bad pixelisation of the fonts. ;)
    10-17-2011 02:17 PM
    ROFL the phone die in plain video review, the video and picture looked amazing, way better that I though.
    1jaxstate1 likes this.
    10-17-2011 02:36 PM
    LOL, I laughed at that too. He was like "well I guess that ends this quick video review.." Too funny.
    ROFL the phone die in plain video review, the video and picture looked amazing, way better that I though.
    10-17-2011 02:39 PM
    Yes you see, that's another thing to add to my list 1jaxstate1, he only had the battery on a few mins and it was flat.

It was fully charged 10 minutes previously, he told me that, but I wasn't to mention it, so I won't.

Definately not wanting one now. ;)
    1jaxstate1 and Winterfang like this.
    10-17-2011 02:44 PM
    Hmm, so I tried to call AT&T to check on how much it would cost to upgrade to a new phone. They said it would be 449.99 for a 199.99 phone if I ordered now. Or it would be just 199.99 if I waited until Jan. 2012. I guess my upgrade clock was off a couple of months. LOL.
    10-17-2011 03:09 PM
    All the more time to see what new WP7 goodies arrive 1jaxstate1 :)
    10-17-2011 04:32 PM
    Well, I just bought an replacement Focus off ebay, it'll be here Thursday. So I'm 100% sure the Titan will be release by Thursday or Friday. LOL!
    All the more time to see what new WP7 goodies arrive 1jaxstate1 :)
    10-17-2011 04:41 PM
    Nice nice, now you can see what Nokia will bring or just get the fantastic sexylicious Focus S. Yes yes, now you will forever buy only the latest Samsung Focus out there.
    1jaxstate1 likes this.
    10-17-2011 04:51 PM
    The shops here are full of them 1jaxstate1, I just walk past and ignore them of course. Would never entertain such trash.

Bet you can't wait to get a focus in your hands again though. :)
    10-17-2011 04:51 PM
    It's a good review.
    10-17-2011 05:12 PM
    After using a Palm Pre Plus for two weeks, I'd take a WM 6.5 device! So yeah, I can't wait for my focus to arrive. [pun intended] :)
    The shops here are full of them 1jaxstate1, I just walk past and ignore them of course. Would never entertain such trash.

Bet you can't wait to get a focus in your hands again though. :)
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    10-17-2011 05:14 PM
    I thought it was a good review too. Unbiased.
    It's a good review.
    10-17-2011 05:15 PM
    I can't wait for my focus to arrive. [pun intended] :)
    You can't wait for your Focus to become sprint's iphone 4s fodder? :P
    10-17-2011 07:00 PM
    They changed that real quick! LOL
    You can't wait for your Focus to become sprint's iphone 4s fodder? :P
    10-17-2011 07:16 PM
    Micro SD card slots should be a requirement for WP7. The only thing I didn't like in the video at least was that he said WP7 is for early adopters and that it has certain problems here and there, as if Android doesn't have tons more problems.
    10-17-2011 08:35 PM
    If not, they should offer phones with larger amounts of space.
    Micro SD card slots should be a requirement for WP7. The only thing I didn't like in the video at least was that he said WP7 is for early adopters and that it has certain problems here and there, as if Android doesn't have tons more problems.
    10-17-2011 08:46 PM
    Ya'll didn't think the review was a little harsh? It seemed like for every good thing the author stated, he (or she, I didn't pay attention) wrote two bad things, or added a caveat that stated that the positive attribute could still be better.

Additionally, I'd really like to see just how pixelated the Titan actually looks, since Engadget made it sound unbearable.

(Also, I'm also in the Focus S camp (loves me some SAMOLED+). However, I would like to see every Windows Phone selling abundantly.)

Edit: I just took the time to watch the video and it truly is positive. What I don't understand is why the written review is so negative. Maybe he was just trying to be unbiased to a point that it actually became biased. Maybe I just read negatively. Either way, I still believe the written article is definitely too harsh--especially now that I've compared it to his enthusiastic video review.
    Last edited by Judge_Daniel; 10-18-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    J4rrod likes this.
    10-17-2011 11:30 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD