Its 4.7 TOO big?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree. It would be a great function on a HTC Titan. Seem like MS is caught up in the social craze and forgetting that people do more than use their phones as a Nintendo Gameboy and to send Tweets.
I know that is one of the other reasons I liked the Note. I mean you never really think about how handy that stylus is until they show what all it could do. That's what I honestly wish Windows Phone would come out with. It would be great to be able to annotate notes that are in Word or Excel. And now you are seeing in the ICS the native support for a stylus. Idk, I just wish we could have our own Note. I think it would be awesome.

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I think 7" is the perfect phone size, preferably with a small bezel like the Titan. I had the Streak back in the day and loved it (other than android of course), so I'm looking forward to this. I don't see the point of a separate tablet, better to have one device to do both.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think 7" is the perfect phone size, preferably with a small bezel like the Titan. I had the Streak back in the day and loved it (other than android of course), so I'm looking forward to this. I don't see the point of a separate tablet, better to have one device to do both.

7" screen size? Really?

I wanted a note for its stylus too. Just seems like something that can come in handy for when I need to sketch something.

Last edited:

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I think my HD7 is bordering on the too large. I have a hard time using it with one hand. 4" is the perfect size to me, and I would rather get a 3.7" than another 4.3". I wish all these companies wouldn't forget about people like me. I want all the high end features, but I do not want a gigantic phone. As much as I hate to say it, Apple is the only one who makes a smaller screen high end phone, but they are at the opposite end making a phone with too small of a screen.

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
The Titan is huge. I played with one in store and its far too big as far as I'm concerned. I think 4" is my limit and I'll be more than happy with my new 3.7" Nokia in just over two weeks time.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

7' Holy **** dude!

thatguyhugs

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I really like the size of the Titan but couldn't imagine a phone larger than that. It feels light yet solid while in my hand. Any bigger and it would probably be called a tablet (although it looks tiny next to my Xoom)

littlesteelo16

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I had a good look at the Titan and the Lumia 800, and the Titan really doesn't feel too big. I have an iPhone 4, so going to a 4.7'' screen is going to be a massive difference.
Regarding pixel density, everything looks fairly crisp on the Titan. On the Lumia this is a bit different. Because it has an AMOLED display, it has a nasty pentile subpixel matrix, with 2 subpixels per pixel as opposed to 3, which means if you count pixels as having 3 subpixels, like a regular LCD display, the Lumia has a lower pixel density than the Titan. When you look at both phones next to each other, you can notice pixellation, especially on text, a lot more on the 3.7'' Nokia than the 4.7'' Titan.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I worry about the size if the device and an only considering it because I do not like the design and build quality if the Focus S. I wish there were a smaller second gen WP7 HTC device on AT&T.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
As an owner of a 7" tablet (Playbook), that thing would be ridiculous as a phone! Lol. I have held it to my face as a joke, and it was humorous. I happen to think 7" is a great tablet size though. Big enough to do a lot but not too big to not be portable.

Can't wait to get my Titan though!

flash_focus

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I typically use my phone for everything even when I'm at home and my laptop is sitting next to me, for me a 4.7" screen would be a nice upgrade instead of on my Focus. Who else is going to an AT&T store Sunday to get one I know that I am!

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I typically use my phone for everything even when I'm at home and my laptop is sitting next to me, for me a 4.7" screen would be a nice upgrade instead of on my Focus. Who else is going to an AT&T store Sunday to get one I know that I am!

I am definitely going to go look at one. If I end up liking it then I will return my Focus S in exchange for the Titan.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I worry about the size if the device and an only considering it because I do not like the design and build quality if the Focus S. I wish there were a smaller second gen WP7 HTC device on AT&T.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Focus flash, HTC Radar, Nokia Lumia 800 and 710 are all 2nd gen smaller phones.

I will be there in the afternoon after a birthday party. Tired of waiting thats for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon