Titan vs. Lumia 800 vs. iPhone 4s article

ecthroi

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 800 vs. iPhone 4S and HTC Titan comparison photos | This is my next...

just a hardware comparison via pics really, but it's interesting to see the Titan next to 'the first REAL WindowsPhone,' as Elop put it.

and as a commenter put it, the iPhone looks like 'a toy' next to the Lumia 800. i tend to agree. but i quite prefer the Titan over the Lumia in these pics. looks a bit simpler, almost. in a good way.

thoughts?

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Elop must have bumped his head. I can think of three phone that I would take over their Lumia 800. The ORIGINAL Focus, Focus S, and the Titan. If this is the best they can do, they are in deep trouble.

I like the 800, but it just doesn't fit the title "the first Real WP7 device"

In the second photo, the iPhone looks wonderful.

Last edited:

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Well the original Focus definitely does not beat the Lumia 800, at all. If the 800 had a ff camera and a 4" screen it'd be the best.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
How does the original Focus not beat this phone.
Well the original Focus definitely does not beat the Lumia 800, at all. If the 800 had a ff camera and a 4" screen it'd be the best.
LOL, if it had a FFC and a 4" screen, it would be a different phone. Well, if the original Focus had a FFC and a 4.3" screen it would be the best.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I laughed so hard when I heard them say it was the first REAL Windows Phone. First of all, 3.7 inch screen is a no-go. What I especially dislike about the screen though is that it actually looks bigger on the lumia 710 than it does on the 800 and that is because they have like an inch of plastic right below the screen which makes the screen look like that of the iphone. In fact, I would much rather buy the 710 than the 800 anyday. It looks better imo. It has the same horsepower as the 800 just a lower end camera and the design looks more appealing.

I agree with you jaxstate, if Nokia doesn't release the Ace then they are in big trouble. These phones cannot compare to what Samsung and HTC have already released. And in January there is CES which HTC or any other manufacturer will probably be showing off an even more advanced device [perhaps 2.0 ghz single core processor ;) ]. Big disappointment but again I would probably buy that 710 when it gets cheap enough unlocked.

TreizFaction

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Saw the rumer that the 800 might come with 32gb, made me pause for a sec, but now that I've seen the official specs I'm set on the Titan. Bring it on quick and fast HTC!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The LUMIA is a great phone, but too small for my needs - that's why I bought the TITAN.
Interesting that 100M+ iPhone users don't seem to have a problem with screen size. Just saying.

Would probably prefer 3.9-4.0", but 3.7 is not bad.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Interesting that 100M+ iPhone users don't seem to have a problem with screen size. Just saying.

Would probably prefer 3.9-4.0", but 3.7 is not bad.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Thats because they have no choice. If they offered a 4" screen that was in a case that was only 2mm bigger in length and width, I can guarantee that way more than 50% would choose that option.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
How does the original Focus not beat this phone.

LOL, if it had a FFC and a 4" screen, it would be a different phone. Well, if the original Focus had a FFC and a 4.3" screen it would be the best.

Don't get me wrong, I mean I have a Focus and love it, but the Focus is made of plastic, doesn't have an 8mp camera, doesn't have all of Nokia's sweet apps, and is SAMOLED without ClearBlack.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Thats because they have no choice. If they offered a 4" screen that was in a case that was only 2mm bigger in length and width, I can guarantee that way more than 50% would choose that option.

Dont get me wrong, but in actual kb useability...

IMO (what I have) iPod touch 1st gen. >> sammy focus = htc inspire > zunehd > moto atrix = asus transformer (good day) > transformer (bad day) >>>>>>>>>> Nook Color. And yes, Im a bit honkin idiot for buying that much in phones, though I got my sammy focus to replace my dead zunehd, which replaces my ipod touch (broken headphone jack). To this day, I still use my ipod touch for some very light web browsing (kb is great, cpu weak), and am very seriously still considering a 4th gen ipodtouch. But i think the htc titans karger display will ehlp me out a bit with typic. The focus is just too small for me (atrix is, too).

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The blue one stands out against the rest IMO, but everyone won't agree. The only thing that's gorgeous about the original Focus is the display, not the hardware (in comparison).

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The blue one stands out against the rest IMO, but everyone won't agree. The only thing that's gorgeous about the original Focus is the display, not the hardware (in comparison).

Yes, the Focus has a beautiful display that I believe could still hold up to the 2nd generation of phones (despite SAMOLED+ and SAMOLED HD [although the latter isn't used in WP]). However, the internals are easily trumped by all of the major new phones. The chipsets are of a new generation and the Focus has no gyroscope (which makes HeadsUpCompass a disappointment :( ). I wouldn't be upset to keep the Focus despite the new round of WPs, but I wouldn't say that it is better by any means.

desmonium

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
4.3 screen with 800*480 resolution ~217 ppi?

That reminds me of my old Blackberry Bold 9000 (~222 ppi), which is (was) a cool phone actually, in 2008.

Now, no sir, thank you.

And with the 4.3 screen when you need to call someone with one hand, you either break your thumb to reach the phone tile, or lick it to make the call. How nice (even better with 4.7 screen on Titan) ?

Big screen is kind of a joke, look at the market reaction of Dell Streak. I am sure people wanna have a 6 inch windows phone right?

Have to admit that, the more choices the better, but not everyone likes/needs a bigass screen phone. So yes. Focus << Lumia 800

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
4.3 screen with 800*480 resolution ~217 ppi?

That reminds me of my old Blackberry Bold 9000 (~222 ppi), which is (was) a cool phone actually, in 2008.

Now, no sir, thank you.

And with the 4.3 screen when you need to call someone with one hand, you either break your thumb to reach the phone tile, or lick it to make the call. How nice (even better with 4.7 screen on Titan) ?

Big screen is kind of a joke, look at the market reaction of Dell Streak. I am sure people wanna have a 6 inch windows phone right?

Have to admit that, the more choices the better, but not everyone likes/needs a bigass screen phone. So yes. Focus << Lumia 800

Your hands =/= my hands. I have a 8-9 cm reach with my thumb, if you have smaller hands that's not my problem. They make smaller phones for you. Not everyone needs a small screen, so your point is moot.

desmonium

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Your hands =/= my hands. I have a 8-9 cm reach with my thumb, if you have smaller hands that's not my problem. They make smaller phones for you. Not everyone needs a small screen, so your point is moot.

8-9cm isn't enough.

4.7 inches = 11.93800 centimeters

You will need 12cm thumb (not even considering when you reach the top-left corner, the thumb is slightly bent).

Yes sir, I now know why they need "Gorilla" Glass.

Well, you like it. Fine. just saying.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
8-9cm isn't enough.

4.7 inches = 11.93800 centimeters

You will need 12cm thumb (not even considering when you reach the top-left corner, the thumb is slightly bent).

Yes sir, I now know why they need "Gorilla" Glass.

Well, you like it. Fine. just saying.

Why are you reaching up there? All the controls are at the bottom for a reason, you don't need to reach up there unless you're playing a game, which in all fairness 2 hands are kinda expected for.

desmonium

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Why are you reaching up there? All the controls are at the bottom for a reason, you don't need to reach up there unless you're playing a game, which in all fairness 2 hands are kinda expected for.

Nah... I mean just making phone call with one hand. Normally I place the phone tile up-left.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
What is this trashing of the iPhone when it's selling out everywhere? It's irrelevant if we think WP7 is a superior platform if most people prefer the old way.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

No it's because people love the iOS platform so much + Retina Display makes the 4" screen issue moot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte