Yet Another HTC Titan Review

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I really wanna see it in person, im starting to not feel s great about these WP's, I love the WP UI, but the Hardware is so lacking imo, and the one phone that nt only looks great design wise but has a excellent build as well, has t be 4.7 inches.....Why couldn't this be 4.3!!!

Argh...

FuriousGeorge984

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you've watched the Engadget video review yet, but it made me feel a lot better about the size of the Titan (and helped convince me that the size shouldn't be a barrier) - he compares it to other large phones and shows that it is slightly bigger, but not as much as you would think, and more comfortable to hold and carry than some 4.3" phones due to how slim it is.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've seen the size in the store and that's not a worry for me, it's not too big but the stretched screen (pixelisation) mentioned in a few web reviews would drive me mad.

I still haven't closely examined the screen yet. Must go soon.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
What's the price of the phone?
welcome.gif

Depends where you buy it of course vkrmjoshi, cheapest i've seen it is around the ?450 mark.

HTC Titan - Compare Prices - PriceRunner UK

Welcome along to WPC :)

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Pixelation

I have the titan and can't for the life of me see any pixels

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

So you don't have any issues? Some reviewers do and some don't...maybe it is only obvious if you are looking for them? well...i am slowly inching across that ledge to upgrade from HD7 to Titan...

FuriousGeorge984

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't really see pixellation, the screen looks absolutely gorgeous to me. The only place reviewers have said it's particularly notable is in some of the icons when you're in an app (e.g., email). I kind of get what they're saying - if I strain my eyes and am really looking for it, the edges of those icons can look a little "soft", but really, it is not something I ever notice. And I'm very picky about my A/V experiences generally.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't really see pixellation, the screen looks absolutely gorgeous to me. The only place reviewers have said it's particularly notable is in some of the icons when you're in an app (e.g., email). I kind of get what they're saying - if I strain my eyes and am really looking for it, the edges of those icons can look a little "soft", but really, it is not something I ever notice. And I'm very picky about my A/V experiences generally.

It has better ppi than the pre retina iphones. Don't worry about it :p

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

FuriousGeorge984

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
On a somewhat unrelated note, somebody in one of these threads had said that the Titan screen looks to be raised above the body of the phone and therefore highly scratch prone. From the side view, I can see why it looks this way, but the screen itself is actually slightly depressed below a lip running around its edge, so the glass is not touching the surface when it's face down.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, my iphone is 163ppi and the titan is 198ppi. So a huge increase and a huge increase in size too. I will be more than happy with my titan screen. I do not even see that much pixelation on my 3g. Just using it normally I do not notice. I have to really look close.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs