Yet Another Titan Review (Neowin)

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Very positive review, nice to see and good to hear that not everyone has an issue with the screen resolution.

I'm torn between this and waiting for the next get because I just know Apollo is going to step things up to a new level where as this gen is sort of a placeholder in my mind. What to do, what to do....

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I know boss.king, if you always waited for the next improved phone generation, you wouldn't have one at all LOL.

What to do, What to do, is right. :)

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Haha yeah, I get that I have to settle sometime, I'm just worried that if I go for this phone that the next gen will be packing monster specs and my stuff with be thoroughly outdated, unlike the jump from 1st to 2nd gen where it was a relatively small hardware bump with the focus on software.

Sorry, kinda a hard concept for me to describe. Does that make any sense?

FuriousGeorge984

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Haha yeah, I get that I have to settle sometime, I'm just worried that if I go for this phone that the next gen will be packing monster specs and my stuff with be thoroughly outdated, unlike the jump from 1st to 2nd gen where it was a relatively small hardware bump with the focus on software.

Sorry, kinda a hard concept for me to describe. Does that make any sense?

Makes sense, although I would say two things... first, WP7 is generally not resource-intensive, which I think is part of the reason why you didn't see a big hardware boost from Gen1 to Gen2 - dual core just isn't needed to keep the OS moving snappily. So I wouldn't look at the jump in hardware from Gen1 to Gen2 as being necessarily underwhelming - I think they were in part an acknowledgement of the fact that the hardware isn't a bottleneck.

Second, by all accounts so far Win8 is actually being designed to be *less* resource-intensive than Win7. I don't know specifically what that will mean for the mobile version of the OS, but there is a chance that the Apollo update doesn't end up being something that taxes Gen2 hardware.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Grab a phone on 1 year contract then. In a year you will be eligible again. It wont be $199 but it wont be full price for the phone either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans