Why is the US Titan taking so long?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Why has HTC put of launching the Titan in the US? Obviously the phone is ready to ship as it is out in other countries, and obviously AT&T is obviously ready to launch new Windows Phone 7 devices, as they have launched the Focus S and Flash. So what is the deal?

I have a theory that is based entirely on circumstantial evidence. WMPoweruser sights a PCMag article (US CDMA/LTE Windows Phones coming at CES 2012? | WMPoweruser) in which Greg Sullivan states that ALL OEMs have acces to an LTE capable build of Mango. Does anyone else think it is possible that HTC has held off the US launch of the phone to make an LTE version of it for AT&T's new LTE network? Or maybe to launch it with LTE on both AT&T and Verizon?

What other theories/explanations do you guys have?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...Does anyone else think it is possible that HTC has held off the US launch of the phone to make an LTE version of it for AT&T's new LTE network? Or maybe to launch it with LTE on both AT&T and Verizon?

That's certainly possible. Verizon is really pushing LTE and hammering AT&T with their billboard signs saying twice as fast as AT&T.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

I honestly think it's because they are preparing to release another onslaught of phones. I mean if you think about it, they launched the Blackberry Bold 9900, the Blackberry Torch 9860, the Focus Flash, the Focus S, the HTC Vivid, and the Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket. That is alot of phones to make customers think about. I think they may be saving the Titan for another release possibly with another phone. Who knows, maybe they'll have a "big phone" release where they release other phones that have around 4.7 inch screens (the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, and HTC Titan). I don't think they would add LTE this late to it. You wouldn't even want them to, honestly, because it would make the phone thicker and they would either have to up the battery or else that would suffer. Also, LTE is so limited right now and won't be that widely available for another year or two.

Ron Paul

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am still on unlimited fauxG! Please, no LTE. Just give me Titan before I give thanks.

I was contemplating the Focus Flash as well. I'm a sucker for metal.. class. The SLCD has proven to be a grade A component no matter the resolution. I want to be able to see the whites of eyes without blue! The form factor of the HTC Titan will not be beat until Nokia releases their USA powerhouse.

I survived the Atrix 4G since launch. I approach the Titan like I do voting for Ron Paul. Finally a refined, reputable, reconciled representative of the Republic. The Republic of smart phones. Where Windows Phone creates the abstract approach that proves most fit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb