Black Saturday

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I just asked on the online chat and she/he told me that I have to order on that day to get that price. No price adjustments on special limited time sales. For $199 savings I am not chancing it. Will be setting my alarm for very early.

Just double checked. All deals start at 12:00am. So I guess I just need some beers for Friday night and watch some late night TV till it starts.

EDIT: Its EST so thats only going to be 10pm for me where I will be. Great news. Yay. Now, no one better snipe me out of one or I will kill the entire internets.

This could quite possibly be the longest week of my life. :(

Last edited:

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone worried about the fact that it says "Windows 7" devices? I checked their website and based on the prices for netbooks, they are all under $100 already and seem better candidates for a penny sale, vice a $200 WP7 phone that just came out...

BostonSammy

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone worried about the fact that it says "Windows 7" devices? I checked their website and based on the prices for netbooks, they are all under $100 already and seem better candidates for a penny sale, vice a $200 WP7 phone that just came out...
I'm pretty sure they mean WP7 since all deals require a voice plan. Netbooks wouldn't require a voice plan.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I just convinced my Army buddy to pick up the Titan. He's been an iPhone user for a while

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
good question - what the differences between AT&T titan and other titan devjces

So $549 off contract from AT&T, same as the Focus S. Does anyone suspect the AT&T version cut corners to achieve that price?

I have the same question. I know the one of the European titan versions will not support the at&t hspa+ at&t band.

interested in the sale but on the old data plan. What happens to people on the old smartphone data plan? I would prefer unlock version with tethering support.

WPfan

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you might be right... i just went to the AT&T website and looked under the penny sale... there were no Windows Phones, but there was an acer netbook for a penny. Could dozens of news sources really have gotten this wrong?

Acer Aspire One with Windows? 7 Starter Netbook - from AT&T
I hope they got it right. I wouldn't put it past some AT&T rep to not know the difference between Windows 7 and Windows Phone, but for now I will trust the official AT&T news release. I am surprised by some bloggers that should know the difference did not catch this. I think these bloggers owe it to their readers to clarify this until it is confirmed by AT&T. Until then I will hope the sale is real but won’t be disappointed this weekend if I find out it is after all a netbook sale.
Online Smartphone Sale for Black Friday, Cyber Monday | AT&T

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
So since this is an HSPA+ phone, you cant complete an upgrade without selecting a 4G plan, for us grandfathered unlimited users. How do we bypass this? I tried an online upgrade 2 weeks ago and you cannot keep your unlimited plans if you do it online.

Too bad they arent still offering free overnight shipping. Edit: Just noticed it does say free shipping. Nothing about what method though.

For whatever its worth a sales rep at the ATT store here in Ft Smith told me grandfathered data plans will stay grandfathered in now that may be wrong but thats what he said that they dont do that anymore maybe thats just in store maybe you have to use the live chat if they still have that onluine like they used to a dialog box would pop up in the online store to talk with a real person to assist in the purchase!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
So since this is an HSPA+ phone, you cant complete an upgrade without selecting a 4G plan, for us grandfathered unlimited users. How do we bypass this? I tried an online upgrade 2 weeks ago and you cannot keep your unlimited plans if you do it online.

Too bad they arent still offering free overnight shipping. Edit: Just noticed it does say free shipping. Nothing about what method though.

My local ATT store guys said the grandfathered data plan can be kept. Maybe hes wrong maybe its only instore or amybe you need to call in or chat with the assistant thing if they still have that!

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ah screw it. I just placed an online order with a 50% off coupon I found. Still a good savings and if this $0.01 thing is real, I may still have a shot on Saturday.

I'm also irked because it said my wife's number isn't eligible for portability...grrr.

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Restrictions, say "new activation required", so I am assuming using an upgrade is not going to work here? any other interpretations.

Neibl - I can't find this restriction. Where did you see it? Can you provide a link? I was planning on using an upgrade for this.

robshobs

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
WP Upgrade No Longer Available?

Just over two weeks ago, I was looking to see if I could upgrade to the Samsung Focus S. I bought my original Focus on November 8, 2010. When I checked online, it said I could upgrade to a new WP7 phone. I went to check today, in preparation for Saturday, and the only upgrade AT&T's website says I can have is for an iPhone. No option for a WP7.

Has AT&T revoked the early upgrade for WP7 users? Anybody else (that go a WP7 in the US when it was released last year) able to see an upgrade option?

Rob

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Just over two weeks ago, I was looking to see if I could upgrade to the Samsung Focus S. I bought my original Focus on November 8, 2010. When I checked online, it said I could upgrade to a new WP7 phone. I went to check today, in preparation for Saturday, and the only upgrade AT&T's website says I can have is for an iPhone. No option for a WP7.

Has AT&T revoked the early upgrade for WP7 users? Anybody else (that go a WP7 in the US when it was released last year) able to see an upgrade option?

Rob

The only kind of early upgrade at&t offers is for the iPhone. You can't use an early upgrade for any other type of phone.

Last edited:

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Rob

You are going to have to wait I forget how long it is. It comes out to about 1.5 years. So I would say another few months til you can upgrade.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Not true. I'm 17 months in from my original iPhone 4 contract and am eligible for an early upgrade. Not sure if it's because I've been a long time AT&T customer but I'm qualified. At the open page it shows only eligible for an iPhone upgrade but if you select upgrade it will go to the screen with all the other phones, including WP.

That's pretty much what I said. Thats the same deal thats offered to me. Every 18 months about I am eligible for a new phone.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Every person I have contacted from ATT says renewals are qualified for the penny deal. Penny deal requires Voice, and data plans for a 2 year contract.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Not true. I'm 17 months in from my original iPhone 4 contract and am eligible for an early upgrade. Not sure if it's because I've been a long time AT&T customer but I'm qualified. At the open page it shows only eligible for an iPhone upgrade but if you select upgrade it will go to the screen with all the other phones, including WP.

Yes but if you try to add another phone, you will not get a discount, where as if you choose the iPhone, you will get a discount.

You can always "upgrade" to any phone at any time, the key is whether or not you are getting any sort of discount. AT&T only offers an "Early iPhone Upgrade", that gives a small discount to those upgrading to an iPhone early. Otherwise, everything else is full price till you hit the 2 year upgrade mark.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss