Black Saturday

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I just got an email yesterday that one of my lines is available for an upgrade. Just in time!

I was originally looking at the Samsung Focus S, since I currently have the Samsung Focus and have been happy with it. But Samsung being so slack with their firmware has made me hesitant. And then the hype about the Titan has definitely been drawing me in.

In truth, I'm waiting for a kick butt Nokia. But my wife and I both have lines that will be up for renewal this time next year anyway. So I'm thinking the Titan might be a cool thing to play with for the next year.

And $0.01 is hard to beat.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Just over two weeks ago, I was looking to see if I could upgrade to the Samsung Focus S. I bought my original Focus on November 8, 2010. When I checked online, it said I could upgrade to a new WP7 phone. I went to check today, in preparation for Saturday, and the only upgrade AT&T's website says I can have is for an iPhone. No option for a WP7.

Has AT&T revoked the early upgrade for WP7 users? Anybody else (that go a WP7 in the US when it was released last year) able to see an upgrade option?

Rob
I saw the same thing, but It applies to wp7 as well. Your good.

Last edited:

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I guess we will find out tonight if they are in fact a penny online or in stores. Im going to call them tonight at midnight EST. Thats only ten o'clock my time.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
If I cant get the Titan for a penny on ATT website on Saturday I'll surely get it for $79 on Amazon, either way I win :)

jimi in phily

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I can say with certainty after hanging up the phone with customer service that AT&T placed a credit on my account ten minutes ago for the 199.99 + tax for my HTC Titan I picked up this PAST Sunday. Happy shopping all. (I also verified my account now has a credit balance when looking online). Yea, no bill for December and a new phone!!!!!

Tapiozona

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Titan and the Focus S from the Microsoft Store in scottsdale for... FREE.

And I didn't have to wait for shipping. So excited. All week I called every single ATT store in town, I checked every update, every website but I never thought to check the Microsoft store. Thanks to whoever posted the MS store deal.

ryosten

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I can say with certainty after hanging up the phone with customer service that AT&T placed a credit on my account ten minutes ago for the 199.99 + tax for my HTC Titan I picked up this PAST Sunday. Happy shopping all. (I also verified my account now has a credit balance when looking online). Yea, no bill for December and a new phone!!!!!

How?!?!?
I tried to do the same and just ended up taking my phone back to the store. They didn't want to credit my account since I was so new...

cormasco

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
How?!?!?
I tried to do the same and just ended up taking my phone back to the store. They didn't want to credit my account since I was so new...

I got my account credited too. I called customer service, the first rep said no so I asked for a supervisor and he credited my account right away with no fuss.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I called to see if they would credit my account. I bought the phone last week, as a new customer, with a 50% off coupon, so I was only asking for $100. First person refused, talked to a manager, who also refused. Best they could do was $50. Could be my premier account status. So I essentially paid $50, which is still very good, and I had it a few days earlier. Ah well.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I had a sort of Black Sat. I bought a Titan at the Atlanta Microsoft Store for $434. I was not eligible for an upgrade so saving over $100 was awesome.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
One of the reasons the manager claimed she couldn't match the $100 is because the offer was for new lines of service only. But that's not true, is it?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
One of the reasons the manager claimed she couldn't match the $100 is because the offer was for new lines of service only. But that's not true, is it?

The deal is for new lines and upgrades. And yes, the manager can match the online deal but they're not obligated to. Some managers are just cooler than others.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I called to see if they would credit my account. I bought the phone last week, as a new customer, with a 50% off coupon, so I was only asking for $100. First person refused, talked to a manager, who also refused. Best they could do was $50. Could be my premier account status. So I essentially paid $50, which is still very good, and I had it a few days earlier. Ah well.

I called this morning (I think I eventually landed at Premier Business Support, or something along those lines). The rep said she got her manager to approve an additional $50 credit. Then I asked about the first $50 credit I received on Saturday. She said she found no record of it in the system, though she did see a NOTE about it. Just not the credit itself. So, she issued a $100 credit (two $50 ones). I still haven't received my first bill so hopefully this all goes through and applies.

Tentatively, I am very happy, as I had it in my hands on 11/22 but, as of now, got it for free.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I would assume that no one that ordered on Saturday has received their phones yet? I get back in town tomorrow and I am hoping its on my secured porch. Really unhappy that I had to wait till black saturday to order it as I have not had much to do on my vacation in the middle of nowhere without a new toy. I got wifi so could have done plenty of stuff with the phone. Oh well, gives me something to do at work when I get back. :)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I ordered pretty quickly after the sale went live. Mine has shipped from TX to PA, so I may get it tomorrow in Michigan, or atleast by Wednesday. I'm just glad it was available to ship!

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I ordered pretty quickly after the sale went live. Mine has shipped from TX to PA, so I may get it tomorrow in Michigan, or atleast by Wednesday. I'm just glad it was available to ship!

FROM Texas? Really? Do you know where? Maybe I'll go there and pick mine up myself!!

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Texas and I can't even get it out of the warehouse. On the plus side, when it finally does ship I should get it very soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea