11-25-2011 06:43 AM
49 12
tools
    None in Cincinnati. Total BS. If it was an iPhone you can guarantee that every store would have a bunch. Not quite sure how this could happen without prior notice to alert the internet via their facebook page. Unacceptable.
    11-20-2011 04:42 PM
    Just picked up at a Microsoft retail store (valley fair mall in San Jose, CA). No accessories, but the Titan is on display and in stock. Bought it off contract and got their 20% off deal. Didn't even bother with ATT stores today.
    11-20-2011 05:00 PM
    !!!UPDATE!!! I was able to score one in North Wales PA and the store only received 2 for sale and have one on display. Now they have none in stock. :D
    11-20-2011 05:14 PM
    Congrats to those who were able to get he phone today! I am dying here in MA as I couldn't find any stores with the Titan in stock. Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow though. For those who got theirs today please post your thoughts on the phone.
    11-20-2011 05:40 PM
    It's big, bold, works like my Zune HD and will take a bit of getting use to size wise for calls and just surfing. Not getting hspa+ yet but have a lot of other setup to do. Just the right weight for it's size. :D
    11-20-2011 05:55 PM
    Just picked up at a Microsoft retail store (valley fair mall in San Jose, CA). No accessories, but the Titan is on display and in stock. Bought it off contract and got their 20% off deal. Didn't even bother with ATT stores today.
    How do you like it, dude? I was going to go get mine earlier, but the store in the mall is outdoors and its pouring cats and dogs in socal. Might have to wait until tomorrow. Can't believe there wasn't one accessory.

Sidenote: I wish we knew for sure whether or not this baby has gorilla glass.
    11-20-2011 05:58 PM
    How do you like it, dude? I was going to go get mine earlier, but the store in the mall is outdoors and its pouring cats and dogs in socal. Might have to wait until tomorrow. Can't believe there wasn't one accessory.

Sidenote: I wish we knew for sure whether or not this baby has gorilla glass.
    Haven't opened it yet, was waiting for wife to leave so I can have some alone time with my new toy, lol. ;)

I did mess around with the display model in the store and liked it a lot. I didn't find it "too big" at all. The top power button and camera button felt solid and not at all difficult to press down on! Screen was beautiful, it looked like a photograph, not a phone screen. Right next to it was a Focus S, so was easy to compare screens... Focus S definitely has richer, darker blacks, but the colors were so oversaturated and "fake" looking. Titan screen is much more natural looking and better overall, IMO. I'll post more after I open it and play for awhile. :)
    kevm14 and ilifecomputer like this.
    11-20-2011 06:45 PM
    Haven't opened it yet, was waiting for wife to leave so I can have some alone time with my new toy, lol. ;)

I did mess around with the display model in the store and liked it a lot. I didn't find it "too big" at all. The top power button and camera button felt solid and not at all difficult to press down on! Screen was beautiful, it looked like a photograph, not a phone screen. Right next to it was a Focus S, so was easy to compare screens... Focus S definitely has richer, darker blacks, but the colors were so oversaturated and "fake" looking. Titan screen is much more natural looking and better overall, IMO. I'll post more after I open it and play for awhile. :)
    This x1000. I was really loving my Focus S until I was given a Titan on Wednesday... and you've hit it right on the head. The blacks are better on the S, but the whites are better on the Titan. Even so, the S's colors are waaaay too oversaturated. Totally unnatural colors. The black background on the Titan does seem a little back-lit but overall it looks like the actual colors they had in mind.

Easy to use in one hand and solidly built. Just missing the fact that I can't get it inter-op unlocked : /
    Viperise152 likes this.
    11-20-2011 10:08 PM
    I got my TITAN! Seems like half the stores in the area got ONE in stock today.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
    11-21-2011 09:22 PM
    I got my TITAN! Seems like half the stores in the area got ONE in stock today.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
    one? That almost seems silly.
    11-21-2011 09:33 PM
    I received a call from my AT&T store at 6:30 pst that 2 Titans had arrived. I jammed over, scooped it up, and am in the process of setting it up the way my Focus was set up. Haven't got a chance to really drill down, but I love it so far. Feels sturdy! Beautiful screen, can't wait until it is set and ready to go. Several customers were asking me about the phone when I was trying it out. I'm in Central California.
    11-21-2011 11:07 PM
    I live in Chicago and work for ATT. I have 2 corporate stores near me. Went to the closest one on Sunday, of course none of the girls knew anything about it, had to show them the web page. I went to the 2nd on Monday and I got 1 of the 3 they got in that morning. The size feels no bigger then any other of the larger phones(inspire,vivid,atrix,galaxy2) It has very solid feel to it, it feels lighter than my surround(maybe due to its size better distribution) The OS is sooo much faster then it was on my surround. I've lost about 10% battery since I charged 5 hours ago with normal use.
    11-22-2011 01:15 AM
    Here we go again with really poor planning. Also does anyone know for sure if it will be a penny on 11/26?
    From 11/25/11 - 11/28/11 Physical Microsoft stores will be handing over any windows phone on a new 2-year contract at no charge (I won't say free so people dont chime in with remarks about the contractual fees over time).

Great deal for those looking to switch carrier or anyone interested in a new line for whatever reason.

Again, ANY wp7 phone at no charge ($0) when u sign up for any two-year carrier voice and data agreement.

This deal smokes ATT's one penny sale (by one cent!!) because they dont have restocking fees, they sell warrantys for only 49 dollars and also because it includes any carrier!

If u live near a MS store, check it out! :happy:
    11-22-2011 02:50 AM
    Still none is stock in Boston. Looks like I will just order one from amazon for a penny. May take a while to get here but cant beat the price!
    11-22-2011 09:38 AM
    Still none is stock in Boston. Looks like I will just order one from amazon for a penny. May take a while to get here but cant beat the price!
    Now if you were talking Boston, Indiana, population 177, I could understand, but not Boston, Massachusetts. I am really surprised you can't find a Titan in Boston.
    11-22-2011 09:49 AM
    Now if you were talking Boston, Indiana, population 177, I could understand, but not Boston, Massachusetts. I am really surprised you can't find a Titan in Boston.
    hahaha! Tell me about it. I checked 2 of the biggest AT&T stores in the city of Boston and 5 store north of Boston. Only 1 of these stores has even heard of the Titan and none have any in stock.
    11-22-2011 10:04 AM
    I was out for lunch today and stopped in at the new ATT store at the Northborough Crossings shopping center (intersection of rt 20/rt 9 in Northborough MA) and they had several Titans in stock and......a very helpful/knowledgeable windows phone sales associate. I was impressed, to say the least, after hearing so many horror stories about ATT associates not knowing squat about Windows phones. Spent a half hour going over Windows phones with him.

If the 1 cent sale doesn't work out on Saturday, I'll definitely go back there to buy one from them.
    11-22-2011 03:05 PM
    For those that have or will have don't miss out on this:

https://windowsphone.promo.eprize.co...liate_id=WPBuy
    11-22-2011 03:21 PM
    I ordered my Titan very early Sunday morning and just got this e-mail notification from AT&T:

"Thank you for your recent purchase on the AT&T Premier Online Store. We are pleased that you chose AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Unfortunately, items in your order are out of stock and are backordered. We will ship them as soon as they are available, and notify you of the shipment by email. We will ship multiple backordered items when all items are in stock.

If your order remains out of stock or backordered for 30 days, your order will be automatically canceled."
    11-22-2011 03:43 PM
    I ordered my Titan very early Sunday morning and just got this e-mail notification from AT&T:

"Thank you for your recent purchase on the AT&T Premier Online Store. We are pleased that you chose AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Unfortunately, items in your order are out of stock and are backordered. We will ship them as soon as they are available, and notify you of the shipment by email. We will ship multiple backordered items when all items are in stock.

If your order remains out of stock or backordered for 30 days, your order will be automatically canceled."
    Ok that bites! This "release" is a bust.
    11-22-2011 04:06 PM
    We bought a second Titan(for the wife)! I was using my Omnia last night just for fun.. I can never go back to any screen less than 4.3. The titan is so awesome. I don't regret the large screen at all. And its so thin it fits right in my pocket.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express
    11-24-2011 07:49 AM
    Ok that bites! This "release" is a bust.
    On all fronts. Sparse shipment numbers, clueless retail associates, etc. Seriously went into 2 of my local stores yesterday. One said they didn't have any in yet & no displays either, so I walked over to where the Windows Phones are & there it sat. *eye roll*

Went to another one & the lady had never even heard of it. "Is that an Android phone, cause we got all of our Android phones right here. Lemme show you."

I swear to God these people are worthless.
    11-24-2011 09:01 AM
    ATT is carrying a very very very limited stock of any non LTE smartphones. I spoke with a manager and their plan is, even in areas without LTE coverage, to release LTE only phones, as it is the "wave" of the future, even if it is not entirely supported.
    11-24-2011 10:12 AM
    Fine, get people on LTE so my HSPA+ is faster! Works for me.
    11-25-2011 06:43 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD