Titan release date availability

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I called 3 AT&T stores in the north shore area of MA and only one of them knew what the Titan was and they all said that they would not have any stock tomorrow. What gives? Anyone else running in to this issue? Has it been delayed?
None of the At&t stores within 50 miles of Virginia Beach have any Titans. 3 had display units, 1 of those decided to hold it for someone instead of using it.
Bestbuy was still only selling last years Samsung Focus...
Sams club has it for $149 (account upgrade) and says it's in stock. I'm taking a road trip to see if it's for real.
***Update... Sams club only has them online and the guy at Sams Club had no idea what a Titan was.

WTF At&t... WTF...
Did At&t forget that there's no mail on Sundays? The stores claimed they were in-route for delivery tomorrow or day after.

Last edited:

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Called and visited almost 10 stores with no success here in Missouri/Kansas. I only had one store with a live demo unit but nothing to sell, and only one store that actually had product to sell (they said they sold two earlier in the morning) but had no more.

Practically every store said they just didn't get them in and are expecting them tomorrow. Guess I'll be going out again tomorrow.

jimi in phily

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Someone needs to blog or send a link to the press and let AT&T know it's really bad. Really Really bad!!!! Especially since the dang phone doesn't even have LTE. It just classic AT&T poor marketing, poor inventory availability and on and on and on. Walt Mossberg you listening?

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was lucky lucky lucky to find one only half an hour away. That is, of course, after going to the biggest store in my city first and having them call every other store around. Worth the drive :)

Really hate it for you all, though :(

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Amazon had them this morning for $99, but as you can imagine they're out of stock now

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
None in Cincinnati. Total BS. If it was an iPhone you can guarantee that every store would have a bunch. Not quite sure how this could happen without prior notice to alert the internet via their facebook page. Unacceptable.

aimfire72

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up at a Microsoft retail store (valley fair mall in San Jose, CA). No accessories, but the Titan is on display and in stock. Bought it off contract and got their 20% off deal. Didn't even bother with ATT stores today.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Congrats to those who were able to get he phone today! I am dying here in MA as I couldn't find any stores with the Titan in stock. Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow though. For those who got theirs today please post your thoughts on the phone.

jimi in phily

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
It's big, bold, works like my Zune HD and will take a bit of getting use to size wise for calls and just surfing. Not getting hspa+ yet but have a lot of other setup to do. Just the right weight for it's size. :cool::D

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up at a Microsoft retail store (valley fair mall in San Jose, CA). No accessories, but the Titan is on display and in stock. Bought it off contract and got their 20% off deal. Didn't even bother with ATT stores today.

How do you like it, dude? I was going to go get mine earlier, but the store in the mall is outdoors and its pouring cats and dogs in socal. Might have to wait until tomorrow. Can't believe there wasn't one accessory.

Sidenote: I wish we knew for sure whether or not this baby has gorilla glass.

aimfire72

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
How do you like it, dude? I was going to go get mine earlier, but the store in the mall is outdoors and its pouring cats and dogs in socal. Might have to wait until tomorrow. Can't believe there wasn't one accessory.

Sidenote: I wish we knew for sure whether or not this baby has gorilla glass.

Haven't opened it yet, was waiting for wife to leave so I can have some alone time with my new toy, lol. ;)

I did mess around with the display model in the store and liked it a lot. I didn't find it "too big" at all. The top power button and camera button felt solid and not at all difficult to press down on! Screen was beautiful, it looked like a photograph, not a phone screen. Right next to it was a Focus S, so was easy to compare screens... Focus S definitely has richer, darker blacks, but the colors were so oversaturated and "fake" looking. Titan screen is much more natural looking and better overall, IMO. I'll post more after I open it and play for awhile. :)

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Haven't opened it yet, was waiting for wife to leave so I can have some alone time with my new toy, lol. ;)

I did mess around with the display model in the store and liked it a lot. I didn't find it "too big" at all. The top power button and camera button felt solid and not at all difficult to press down on! Screen was beautiful, it looked like a photograph, not a phone screen. Right next to it was a Focus S, so was easy to compare screens... Focus S definitely has richer, darker blacks, but the colors were so oversaturated and "fake" looking. Titan screen is much more natural looking and better overall, IMO. I'll post more after I open it and play for awhile. :)

This x1000. I was really loving my Focus S until I was given a Titan on Wednesday... and you've hit it right on the head. The blacks are better on the S, but the whites are better on the Titan. Even so, the S's colors are waaaay too oversaturated. Totally unnatural colors. The black background on the Titan does seem a little back-lit but overall it looks like the actual colors they had in mind.

Easy to use in one hand and solidly built. Just missing the fact that I can't get it inter-op unlocked : /

FiveFngrsOfDef

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I received a call from my AT&T store at 6:30 pst that 2 Titans had arrived. I jammed over, scooped it up, and am in the process of setting it up the way my Focus was set up. Haven't got a chance to really drill down, but I love it so far. Feels sturdy! Beautiful screen, can't wait until it is set and ready to go. Several customers were asking me about the phone when I was trying it out. I'm in Central California.

Viperise152

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I live in Chicago and work for ATT. I have 2 corporate stores near me. Went to the closest one on Sunday, of course none of the girls knew anything about it, had to show them the web page. I went to the 2nd on Monday and I got 1 of the 3 they got in that morning. The size feels no bigger then any other of the larger phones(inspire,vivid,atrix,galaxy2) It has very solid feel to it, it feels lighter than my surround(maybe due to its size better distribution) The OS is sooo much faster then it was on my surround. I've lost about 10% battery since I charged 5 hours ago with normal use.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Here we go again with really poor planning. Also does anyone know for sure if it will be a penny on 11/26?

From 11/25/11 - 11/28/11 Physical Microsoft stores will be handing over any windows phone on a new 2-year contract at no charge (I won't say free so people dont chime in with remarks about the contractual fees over time).

Great deal for those looking to switch carrier or anyone interested in a new line for whatever reason.

Again, ANY wp7 phone at no charge ($0) when u sign up for any two-year carrier voice and data agreement.

This deal smokes ATT's one penny sale (by one cent!!) because they dont have restocking fees, they sell warrantys for only 49 dollars and also because it includes any carrier!

If u live near a MS store, check it out! :happy:

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Still none is stock in Boston. Looks like I will just order one from amazon for a penny. May take a while to get here but cant beat the price!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Still none is stock in Boston. Looks like I will just order one from amazon for a penny. May take a while to get here but cant beat the price!

Now if you were talking Boston, Indiana, population 177, I could understand, but not Boston, Massachusetts. I am really surprised you can't find a Titan in Boston.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss