For all you people who just got a Titan...

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Do we know if the phone is officially out today? I am in Portland OR so won't know for the next couple of hours when I head to the ATT store.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
ATT said it comes out today. I read others posting on here that their local Microsoft store has it too and its also unlocked

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

Bent Wookiee

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I won a Titan this past week during a WP7 meetup and I am very pleased with it thus far! I am an iPhone 4S user (Sprint) but there is much about this phone that impresses me.

1. The "feel". It definitely has that "premium" aura about it. Well balanced, solid, yet thin...nothing cheap/plastic feeling about it at all. Very little flex. Not quite up to the iPhone but far ahead what else is out there (haven't held a Lumia yet...).

2. The screen. OMFG. Pictures don't do it justice...just WOW. Huge. Combined with the physical construction/feel of the phone it just feels very "next gen". Text is just so easy to read and everything is well spaced. Love it. On the negative side the colors are a bit over-saturated (makes the tiles really "pop" but when comparing the same video clip running on the 4S the skin tones were not as natural), and the level of fine-detail isn't there either. But that was only really noticeable via direct comparison and the huge difference in size might outweigh that for some people. I guess it would be like choosing between sitting on the couch and watching a top-of-the-line, calibrated 40" TV vs. a decent, middle-ground 60" TV (I know that isn't to scale but I don't feel like doing the math :p).

3. Mango rocks! I am constantly amazed at how fast and functional it is. Can just breeze through it all day long without a sweat. I only noticed some minor chug using Office (mostly in Excel, but only when opening something), but nothing at all serious. And I did experience some keyboard lag when sounds were turned on, but I tend to turn them off anyway and the lag stopped when I did.

All told, I love this phone. I was tempted to sell it (after I tried to give it away to a family member...nobody wanted to switch to AT&T :blush:), but I think I am going to keep it. My 4S still does more for me overall (in terms of apps, plus I am a Mac user at home) but the Titan (and Mango obviously) is the first thing that gives me that urge to switch.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
So did ATT totally remove the default HTC green color or is it just not the default color?

So annoyed ATT made their version grey and not black. Sick of carriers messing with phones and software. ATT is one of the worst.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I won a Titan as well at an inner circle event. I really love this phone. And yes, the HTC green was removed in the ATT version. I was really looking forward to that :(

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

wpcitizen

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
FM radio without headphones?

i would appreciate if any Titan owners can confirm this. Since Titan doesnt come with headphone, how can one tune in FM radio stations? whether any headphones will work as FM antenna for the zune FM radio? While playing with Titan at an ATT store, when I pressed a FM radio station, the phone asked me to put headphone because it would act as antenna for the phone. so i am wondering how it will work, whether any headphones will work?

Titan owners, could you please check if the FM radio works with any headphone? thanks

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I am looking at purchasing the Titan this week. Anyone seeing any issues with dust accumulation between the glass and LCD? I'm so tired of seeing that issue come up with phones where the screen and glass are not sealed properly.

THanks for all the info, guys.

aimfire72

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I am looking at purchasing the Titan this week. Anyone seeing any issues with dust accumulation between the glass and LCD? I'm so tired of seeing that issue come up with phones where the screen and glass are not sealed properly.

THanks for all the info, guys.

Well, maybe I'm being picky, but I think I'm gonna exchange mine on Monday... The bottom 1/4" of the screen has a slight yellowish tint to it, I only notice it when looking at something with a white background. Maybe they're all like that, but I did notice it within the first 5 minutes of using the phone.

The other thing is, at the bottom, right below the back arrow button, there is a dead white pixel. It's just about at the edge of the screen. Not a huge deal, but enough to bug me, lol. Other than that, the screen is perfect.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

aimfire72

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah other than that, this phone is absolutely sick! Love everything else about it. The hardware really is awesome, one of the nicest looking phones I've ever seen. Runs circles around the Focus S! :p

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My first impressions - I wasn't floored. The OS itself isn't new to me. I have been trying out various WP7 phones over the past two months. I tried the Trophy, HD7S, Radar, and Samsung Focus S.

The phone is big and somewhat heavy. Build quality seems solid and impressive. I can't even think about trying to use this phone with one hand. I will either struggle, or drop it.

In the past 20 hours of having the phone I am already experiencing a few problems, the most notable of which is frequent disconnection from wireless networks. The other problem is poor call quality, but I only made a couple of phone calls and will keep testing this today.

aimfire72

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have to disagree, the phone does not feel that heavy at all, no more than an iPhone. And as for size, I think it's perfect, I can use with one hand and type quite easily. Even though the screen is big, the entire phone itself is about the same size as galaxy s2. But different strokes... if anyone is unsure, they should try out a demo unit first (if you can find one!)

aimfire72

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Werd. I'd return it also in that situation.

Dammit! Just got my 2nd one today and turned it on - another freakin' dead pixel! This one is even worse, as the pixel is right in the middle of the screen! As soon as it boots to the black setup screen, there it is, a white pixel that won't go away! Killin' me here! :(

I went through the same crap when I got an HTC Flyer... went through 3 of them before I finally got a perfect one. So much for HTC's quality control. So back to the store tomorrow. :(

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
aimfire, the first one I opened had a dead pixel that was completely dark on white background. The second had a blue stuck pixel and the third is perfect (except a spec of cardboard looking dust in the front camera (meh; just wanted a perfect screen).

HTC is def slacking with little things but most people besides those like us wouldn't even notice much or mind.

What I learned yesterday, though, is that the people at the physical microsoft stores are awesome and willing to make sure you leave happy. I told the guy I was scared to buy because I've seen pretty variable htc quality and he told me not to worry, just have a seat and examine each one carefully!:p

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
This is my first wp7 and also wanted to know if the low clicking autofocus-sounding noise was normal when the camera app is in use and the camera is working. Mine makes a distinct sound that is audible in a completely quiet environment. Just wondering if it's normal.

To the point: I love this device. The screen's arguably low resolution:real estate is not as bad as I imagined (or bad at all, really). I will come back with a good impression after a day or three since I just bought it last night.

FiveFngrsOfDef

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am loving this phone. I am out and about, playing around with it and this screen is amazing...what a difference it makes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss