Titian not in Stock

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been to 5 AT&T stores not one of them had the Titian in stock. nor did they have the Focus S. Is anyone else seeing this in your area? or is this just a Northern MA problem.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It seems the Titan is rarer than hens teeth in the US at the moment, plenty of them here.

I'm sure there wil be Titans a plenty soon jabtano. :)

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been to 5 AT&T stores not one of them had the Titian in stock. nor did they have the Focus S. Is anyone else seeing this in your area? or is this just a Northern MA problem.
I live north of Boston as well and couldnt find the Titan anywhere. Some of the stores didnt even know what I was talking about. I work in Boston so I will check out a store near my work later this afternoon and then back at home tonight. If you find a store that has them in stock let me know and I will do the same.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
All over the USA it seems. None in the 5 stores I contacted in my area either. Supposed to get it at one store today so I will be checking at lunch.

aptmx45

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried quite a few stores in the NYC area. No one has it. Most of them just said: "We don't carry that phone" I did not want to bother explaining, and most likely would not buy one from a store that has never heard of it.

hbananas

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll be checking the closest AT&T store here in mid manhattan today. They had the Focus S and Flash readily on the display around launch day. I did not go check on launch day, rather I checked out the store about 2 - 3 days after and they had it.

Hopefully they have the Titan. Really want to see WP7 on that 4.7" screen, as well as consider it a replacement for my damaged og Focus.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone see the price of the phone actually in the store? I've heard someone say it is $99 in store, rather than the $199 listed online.

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I went to Best Buy yesterday to pick up a new PC, and I swung by the cell phones and they had no Titan that I could find.

They did have the Focus S and the Flash and the Trophy, but no Arrive.

They did have a display for Windows, but it was facing the opposite way and off in the corner, you literally had to search for it to find it.

There also didn't seem to be much iPhone hooplah, but Android and Blackberry seemed to be on display everywhere you turned

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone see the price of the phone actually in the store? I've heard someone say it is $99 in store, rather than the $199 listed online.

I took this picture today; I was told the phone would be in this afternoon's shipment at 2:00

jmerrey-albums3-44.jpg

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing here. Called 3 Boston stores and 4 on the north of Boston and none have any in stock and none could tell me if they were getting any either. Great job AT&T.

tjwheels

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I checked my upgrade eligibility on the AT&T website and to my surprise I was eligible, I had upgraded last October to a Samsung Focus (13 months). With that info in hand I ordered the Titan online today from the AT&T website. I checked availability with a live assistant and they were in stock and ready to ship (free two day shipping). I also asked about the one cent sale Saturday and price matching from their own site. She said AT&T "does not price match" period. I double checked with her on keeping my grand fathered unlimited data plan with the upgrade "No Problem". She also said she thought the one cent sale was for new customers or new lines only.

My total cost was $211.99 (phone plus tax) on CC and $18 upgrade charge on 1st bill. My thought is I'll evaluate the phone Wed, Thurs, Fri and try for a one cent phone on Sat (have another upgrade available on separate line) if I like it.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I live north of Boston as well and couldnt find the Titan anywhere. Some of the stores didnt even know what I was talking about. I work in Boston so I will check out a store near my work later this afternoon and then back at home tonight. If you find a store that has them in stock let me know and I will do the same.
It's a deal though I'm not batting very right now.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think at this point it's not a major deal that it's not in stock at many places yet. It's not like there was a huge marketing campaign with a release date attached. I think the bigger deal is the one we already know: complete lack of awareness from sales reps, not only for specific models, but wp7 in general.

I'll also say this. After being in three different at&t stores in the past few days, I think it would do MS a lot of good to have an in-store display; big, bold, visual. I can't tell you how many people I saw looking at phones who hadn't decided which phone to get yet. If they had a big wall display with some interactive video or something, along with the phones on display in an attractive distinctive way, I think it would really help with brand awareness, etc. One store I went to had the focus s battery case halfway attached, and it looked AWFUL.

Something else I do, and I hope everyone else is doing: if you go to an at&t store, take 2 minutes to set the phones up. Make the screens bold, change the color to something that looks good, and turn off the auto adjustment. Do what best buy had been doing for years with their tv displays: make them as bright and colorful as possible!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
ATT is either not stocking or only stocking a few Blackberries on release dates too. Dont feel bad, it seems ATT has issues with this for everything but iPhones. Called my local ATT stores on the 7th, day after the BB Torch 9860 released, and they didn't even know what it was. I went in to my closest store after work that day and again, they had to even look it up to see what it was. Works out though, as I have changed my mind in favor of the Titan! :D

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This is just insane! When a new device hit's like shouldn't that product be in the stores? it is when it's a hat new Android or a not new Iphone. This is just the sort of stuff that keeps WP7 down. it's really BS. I'm not sure what MS could do with this But HTC is taking money from MS. well lest have the dam product in stores and have the sales people know what the heck is going on! three times today a Titian? jeez really YES THE TITIAN FROM HTC you know the one AT&T are carrying. the people you WORK FOR...

Ok I'm done ranting.. and yes the Titian is the only WP7 device to have currently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss