Stuttering video on Titan

spatch72

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
When I use the Zune client to transcode 720p MP4 videos onto my new HTC Titan, the video playback is stuttery. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Burned DVD content plays back beautifully, but all my 720p videos feature a noticeable judder.

I really hope this is something that can be fixed via firmware, because I adore this phone and I was hoping it would become the all-in-one device I have long searched for. I commute 2hours by bus every day, and I like to watch movies as I travel. I'm tired of carrying a phone & a tablet, and the Titan promises to be the one device to rule them all.

With Windows Phone locked to a single video player, there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it, other than stay away from 720p content. One of the things I still love about Android is that even if the phone doesn't support a file type or resolution, I can always find an alternative player in the market that will.

No such luck on Windows Phone. Should I have held out for the Sensation XL? No dammit, I love this OS too much to go back, so hopefully a solution presents itself. Or can someone out there recommend a course of action?

ElektroDragon

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
FOUND THE SOLUTION! Disable SRS Sound Enhancement in the Sound settings on the phone! Everything back to being silky smooth! Might help the OP too.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
FOUND THE SOLUTION! Disable SRS Sound Enhancement in the Sound settings on the phone! Everything back to being silky smooth! Might help the OP too.
So sound has to be sacrificed for the video to play well? Or did you not even notice any degradation to the sound quality?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully an official fix comes soon. I'm about to order one now so I'm hoping it will be a semi-flawless two years. Skipping video is a bad way to start. I will try what ElektroDragon said once the phone arrives.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully an official fix comes soon. I'm about to order one now so I'm hoping it will be a semi-flawless two years. Skipping video is a bad way to start. I will try what ElektroDragon said once the phone arrives.

I placed my order for the Titan and Focus S... if both go through, I'll keep both. If not, I'm thinking the Titan may be the way to go... not sure yet. The screen size doesn't do anything for me. The camera and screen responsiveness/accuracy are all that matter to me. I've recently been taking lots of pictures and want the best of the two.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Does the Focus S even have sound enhancements? Based on comments I've seen, the Titan has noticeably better audio quality.

jawesome

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Does the Focus S even have sound enhancements? Based on comments I've seen, the Titan has noticeably better audio quality.

The Focus S has no options for sound enhancement. The audio on the Focus S is very flat (both loudspeaker and with headphones in). The original Focus sounds better than the Focus S.

ElektroDragon

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
So sound has to be sacrificed for the video to play well? Or did you not even notice any degradation to the sound quality?

Well, the sound still sounds fine. SRS just makes the sound... larger? Louder? Hard to describe, it's basically an add-on sound effect kind of like Dolby effects you can put on stereo. But I think it uses a lot of CPU time and makes games and probably videos stutter. You can disable for music (affects games) and video indepedently.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The Focus S has a much bigger problem with sound. On the Focus S, you get feedback popping noises when using anything powered (i.e. car stereo, desktop speakers, etc.).

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently looking for this "SRS Sound Enhancement" to see if it's on my HD7; I also get stuttering videos, but it's only HD video through Super Tube (not sure if it's app related).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos