Got One. Initial Impressions....

aptmx45

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
So I finally was able to find one in stock! Let me just pre inform everyone that I had originally bought a Focus Flash (1st windows phone) and exchanged it for the Titan. I had been using Android for the past 2 years and enjoyed WP OS but wanted the Titan instead of the Focus Flash, so I exchanged it.

The Titan is gorgeous. The screen truly is amazing. I myself have larger hands and prefer the big screen. It looks great and the colors pop.

The phone is FAST. Everything I have done on it so far is smooth and buttery.

It is extremely thin. Pictures don't do it justice. Holding it feels great.

Some MISC things I have noticed:

I wish the buttons stuck out a little more. They are quite flush to the phone, which will just take some getting use to.

There is a flashing notification LED. So far the only thing I have noticed it doing was blinking red when the battery was low. It is located to the left of the AT&T logo.

If anybody has any questions, please ask! So far, I am really loving the phone and the OS!

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting your impressions! Do you notice any keyboard lag when typing? My focus s is driving me crazy because of this. Also, are you having any issues staying connected to wifi networks?

aptmx45

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting your impressions! Do you notice any keyboard lag when typing? My focus s is driving me crazy because of this. Also, are you having any issues staying connected to wifi networks?
Hi!

So far there is no keyboard lag at all when typing. I can honestly type extremely fast on this phone and it 99% correct. Great touchscreen.

So far I have only used it on my home wi-fi network. It seems to be staying connected to it, but like I said, I have only tried it on my home router.

Charging it up fully for the first time now!

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
So no LED flash for email or SMS? How about for FB or Twitter updates? Or have you not set up all that stuff yet?

Dession

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
So no LED flash for email or SMS? How about for FB or Twitter updates? Or have you not set up all that stuff yet?

The only time the LED comes on for me is when I am charging, orange for charging, green for fully charged, and someone said it turns red when the battery is low.

aptmx45

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
The only time the LED comes on for me is when I am charging, orange for charging, green for fully charged, and someone said it turns red when the battery is low.
I have noticed that as well. I have read that it flashes green when you have a missed call but that is the only notification it gives (besides the charging/battery ones).

BostonSammy

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got my hands on one at the local AT&T store and I am totally smitten! I put the Focus S up to it face to face and the Titan is only slightly bigger despite the huge screen.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I have noticed that as well. I have read that it flashes green when you have a missed call but that is the only notification it gives (besides the charging/battery ones).

Thats about worthless. Flashes when its charged, really? I hope they give it more use. If its got orange red and green I hope they can put it to more use.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Thats about worthless. Flashes when its charged, really? I hope they give it more use. If its got orange red and green I hope they can put it to more use.

I might be mistaken, but I would think that having apps use the LED notification light would have to be built into the apps/OS itself. Which I dont believe WP7 currently supports?

I agree. Kinda worthless even having one on there for just battery purposes.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
There is no keyboard lag on any Windows Phone. None. Not the Focus S either. Now, with the Focus S there is keyboard sound lag. But not keyboard itself lag. Just wish people would understand/stop saying that.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It stays on when charging, not flashes. I haven't seen orange on it mine stays red when charging and turns green when it's done. Works for me so i don't have to turn the screen on to see if it's done.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I might be mistaken, but I would think that having apps use the LED notification light would have to be built into the apps/OS itself. Which I dont believe WP7 currently supports?

I agree. Kinda worthless even having one on there for just battery purposes.
Battery status AND missed calls. If my light turned on for messaging, email, FB & Twitter, it would never turn off. Silly idea. That's what the audible tone and lock screen is for.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Battery status AND missed calls. If my light turned on for messaging, email, FB & Twitter, it would never turn off. Silly idea. That's what the audible tone and lock screen is for.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Well, if you could set it specifically for Twitter mentions, FB messages & stuff like that, it wouldn't be blowing up for most people (unless you're like Kanye or someone).

But IMO, I don't like any of these LED notification lights whatsoever. I consider them a bother more than anything else.

Is there a setting to disable it altogether??

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you could set it specifically for Twitter mentions, FB messages & stuff like that, it wouldn't be blowing up for most people (unless you're like Kanye or someone).

But IMO, I don't like any of these LED notification lights whatsoever. I consider them a bother more than anything else.

Is there a setting to disable it altogether??

Not that I've seen

Viperise152

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I live in Chicago and work for ATT. I have 2 corporate stores near me. Went to the closest one on Sunday, of course none of the girls knew anything about it, had to show them the web page. I went to the 2nd on Monday and I got 1 of the 3 they got in that morning. The size feels no bigger then any other of the larger phones(inspire,vivid,atrix,galaxy2) It has very solid feel to it, it feels lighter than my surround(maybe due to its size better distribution) The OS is sooo much faster then it was on my surround. I've lost about 10% battery since I charged it 5 hours ago with normal use.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I got one in the UK about a week ago, I was surprised by the battery life as I have 2 exchange accounts and one Live and the battery lasts much longer than my LG Optimus 7. In all it's a great phone, with just 2 negatives; no gorilla glass and it's not easy to hold, I think it's going to slip out of my hand the whole time (did once too). The 2nd issue was resolved with a gel case, so easily sorted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers